Favoinous Scum#7005

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
EST

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
I have not been banned.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
Normally I am very active on SRP but this is my senior year of high school IRL and I have a lot of schoolwork right now. As soon as I graduate in December I plan to be more active than ever before!!!

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Miko or Shrine Maiden

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?: I know how to pray at a Shinto shrine and I also know that Kami are ancient Japanese gods. I am a pagan IRL and one of the gods I worship is Fuji the god of wind.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I am a pagan IRL and I worship certain Japanese gods such as Tsukuyomi and Fuji and I know some of the stories of Shintoism. I also am going to Japan this summer so I am learning a lot about Japan.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes.
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
Isamu 'Tonbo' J. Hoshi
CHARACTERS TITL:
Miss

CHARACTERS AGE: 18

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS: Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Japanese-Korean

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
I go to the shrine every day to pray to kami. I want to help maintain the shrine, honor Kami, and fight evil spirits.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
I do not know much about Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, but I hope to learn about it.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

To the Monastery Lead,

My name is Isamu Hoshi and I wish to join the Monastery. In Korea, my family used to visit a shrine every day. I love the Cherry Blossoms and the energy I feel there, it's welcoming. I want to help maintain that energy, I want to help people tormented by evil spirits, I want to help preform marriage ceremonies. I want to learn more about the shrine and about the Shinto religion. I want to learn to honor the gods.

I wish you all luck in your endeavors.
-Isamu Hoshi, 'Tonbo'

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Isamu grew up just outside of Seoul, Korea. Her mother, Choon-Hee Hyeon and her father, Ayato Hoshi were both in the middle class and adored stories. Isamu grew up happily with her parents, but she was a little different, her hair was an unnatural white blonde. This fact about her caused her to be severally bullied. Despite this, she always went to the nearby shrine after school and prayed. Isamu's faith only grew over time. When she was in middle school, she would write songs and would play them at the shrine, she still maintains this to the present day. Later, Isamu's mother went missing, everyone at the shrine would search for her, they never found her. After that, Isamu's father decided to move to Karakura for Isamu's high school years. Isamu's faith never changed, and she still prays at the shrine, for her mother. Currently, Isamu's father is traveling for business.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:
Shinto priests and maidens protect their shrine from evil spirits, they are healers and exorcists in communities and are called upon for spiritual guidance.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
The person must use the ladle to wash their hands before entering the shrine.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
Prayers and Offerings are complex and require multiple steps. Norito Norito, are Shinto prayers that are offered by Priests and Worshippers.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
I sadly do not know a lot about a traditional tea ceremony, and I wish to learn more!

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
A Tamagushi is a form of offering made from a sakaki branch tree branch and decorated with shide strips of washi paper, they are offering during weddings and funerals. An Ofuda is a strip of paper and wood which acts as a talisman, they are imbued with the power of Kami. A Kagura Suzu is a set of twelve bells used in Kagura dances, the bells are shaped like the fruits from the oogatama tree.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
Isamu worships mainly Tsukuyomi god of the moob, mainly because Isamu's last name means 'star'.​

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app due to its lack of detail. Feel free to reapply in the future!​

Users who are viewing this thread