SkyFantasyWorld

Level 78
SkyFantasyWorld
SkyFantasyWorld
Omega

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):
skyrubii
(Main: SkyFantasyWorld | Alt: LandRealityWorld, SkyFantasyLoLs, SkyFantasyRat)

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
skyfantasyworld

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
GMT+8 | Philippines

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes I do!

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
As I’ve said in my other applications, if I were to rate myself from 1 to 10, I would give myself an 8! Hopefully, if I ever get accepted for the roles of professor and maiden, I will make that a 10, as I plan to be very active when accepted. As of now, though, I presently hold the role of reporter, and I try to be available whenever significant events occur around the server, especially during events and such. However, with the start of the new school year very soon, my activity may see a very slight decrease due to me needing to concentrate on my final year of senior high school, as my plan is to apply to colleges and universities for formal law courses right after. Apart from this, you can always find me actively participating on Discord, though! Always active and willing to join calls, chats, etc. whenever I can, I make an effort to immediately reply to DMs if I can, even when at school. Please bear with me if there are any delays in my responses though, due to my academic responsibilities.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
I plan to apply for the position of Maiden

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
Though I am not that fully knowledgeable in Shintoism, I do try to do my research, especially now that I am part of the Saiky family, hence the need to learn and improve on what I know right now. I am always willing to learn more, though, especially from those who know, so I can expand my understanding of the religion.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I believe what makes me stand out the most is that, I am always willing and determined to learn more if I ever do get accepted into this role. Though yes, I may not be as knowledgeable nor have as much experience as others, I do have the determination to learn! I feel confident that I can fulfill the job while also being able to expand my knowledge and my own experiences through this, as being a friendly and easygoing person according to others, I can easily adapt and communicate with the shrine faction. In short, what makes me stand out is not just what I currently know or have experienced, but my commitment to constant improvement and my ability to connect with others. I see this role not only as an opportunity to contribute but also as a platform to continually learn and evolve, making me an adaptable, and valuable addition to the faction.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes, I acknowledge this and I will do my best to attend all of them if I were to be accepted.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Anzu Abiko

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
American

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
+030-750-5173

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
Despite my nationality and my looks, I am genuinely devoted to the type of work that the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery does. From a young age, I already started learning the ways of Shintoism from my mother; being that she was Japanese, it was only natural for me to learn them as well. The values and beliefs strongly resonate with my own principles in life, as my motivation is also not just a job but a long-term commitment to a religion I have been passionate about since childhood. The opportunity to contribute to the shine and promotion of Shintoism is not just a career choice for me; it is a calling that I feel privileged to answer.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
The Shinsei Seinaru Monastery was established in the year 744 by Buddhist monks, as the shrine’s original purpose was to be used for Buddhism. But sadly, the original Shrine suffered destruction due to fire incidents, once in 1176 during a rebellion, and again in 1578 as a threat against Karakura. But, 38 years later in 1617, a new Monastery was constructed to what we know today, as the old one remains on the side due to what was said to be protected by the kami.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Monastery Lead,

I trust this letter finds you well and in good spirits. I am writing to express my heartfelt interest in applying and becoming one of the many maidens at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery. My journey to this decision has been one of my childhood dreams, ever since I was a young girl, I always yearned to deeply devote myself to Shintoism.

I am aware that the responsibilities of a Maiden are not as simple as others think, being that they are the ones who assist in rituals, maintain the shrine, and many other more, but I am eager to learn and train under the guidance of the monastery's experienced staff and elders to carry out these duties with the utmost sincerity.

I do hope you consider my application and provide a space where individuals like myself can do something and spread the knowledge of Shintoism. I look forward to the possibility of joining the monastery's community and dedicating myself to its values.

With deep respect and reverence,
Anzu Abiko

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Anzu Abiko, though born and raised in America, has been quite a peculiar child since childhood. Born to an American father and Japanese mother, her mother in particular was an Oiran, leaving that behind when they had Anzu in their lives and moved. Despite that, though, as Anzu grew up, she oddly developed a deep fascination for the Shinto religion and the arts, hence why people have usually called her a freak since she was a child. With the way she dressed and acted, her peers always made fun of her for what she did and how she expressed herself. But despite the bullying, Anzu remained passionate.
Immersing herself in books and attending various religious ceremonies with her mother in Japan whenever they could, it wasn't until she was at the age of 13 that she and her mother fully stayed in Kyoto, Japan, without her father due to the divorce. She was then, there, raised as kamuro from a very young age by her mother. Being trained in traditional Japanese arts and etiquette, Anzu excelled in the arts, becoming a graceful and skilled young girl until she moved briefly to Karakura, Japan.

Though her time there was short, being that it was well over two years, there she met her first partner, Sky, who changed how she acted and how she is today. As a graceful and soft-spoken girl, Sky was the reason why she became so much more outgoing and an outdoor person, deciding to leave the life of being a 'kamuro' behind and instead pursue learning how to be a maiden at the age of 18. Leaving Sky behind, as she went back to mainland Japan to study more about becoming a maiden while also actively going to college to pursue her dreams and build a better future for herself and those who are interested in learning Shintoism.

Now, at 22, she decided to come back to Karakura, Japan, as hopefully an official shrine maiden at Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, where she could fully immerse herself in the practices and traditions of Shintoism.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

As Shinto Priests, the duties that they have to perform are conducting rituals and ceremonies such as weddings, offering guidance, as well as teaching the future generations that are interested in working at the Shrine. Though yes, there are many more duties, and they vary from place to place, those are just some main ones. Shinto Maidens meanwhile, are the ones responsible for assisting in rituals and ceremonies as they help the priests, spreading the arts such as dances, as well as performing music to invoke the presence of the Kamis.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
The purification is called temizuya, and the first step to cleansing is taking the ladle in your right hand, and using the ladle to scoop a small amount of water to pour on your left hand to cleanse it. Now the next step would be to switch over to your other hand to repeat the process, but on the opposite hand instead. After cleansing the hands, you need to hold the ladle vertically so that the remaining water will run down the handle, cleansing it too. As with the last bit of remaining water in the ladle, rinse your mouth with it to cleanse it as well before entering the grounds. Finally, place the ladle back in its original position facing downwards.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
Firstly, you have to bow once you reach the offering area, clapping your hands twice, you can then offer what you want to give to the Kami. Bowing once more, you will then pray to the Kami, once you are finished, you will clap your hands twice and take a step back.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
We need to first purify the utensils and the tea bowl with a clean cloth, wiping them from any dust or dirt. Using hot water, pour a small amount of it into the tea bowl to warm it, then pour it out. Measuring the right amount of matcha powder needed, it would be then put into the tea bowl and a small amount of water would be poured into it to make it into a thick paste using the chasen. Gradually add more hot water while whisking, it would then turn into the perfect tea, as you would then offer it to the guests with a bow.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
A ‘Tamagushi’ is an offering made from branches of an evergreen tree. These branches are bound together as they are usually adorned with paper and they are used as offerings to kami Shinto rituals. An ’Ofuda’ is a talisman commonly used in Shinto practices, it is a piece of paper or wood that is inscribed with prayers, symbols, or the names of kami. They are believed to offer protection and blessings to people! A ‘Kagura Suzu‘ is a type of bell used in Shinto rituals and ceremonies, as the bells are typically made of metal and have a distinct shape and sound. Used especially during Kagura dances, they are traditional Shinto dances dedicated to the Kamis.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
Omoikane | God of Wisdom and Intelligence
A heavenly deity who is called upon to "ponder" and give good counsel in the deliberations of the heavenly deities.
Anzu would worship Omoikane due to his intelligence, being a person who yearns for knowledge herself, she would devote herself to that Kami.​

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking your time to apply. As a team we've come to the decision to accept your application. Congratulations on becoming a maiden, if you aren't already, please join the Karakura Town discord and request your roles.

https://discord.gg/E7c2v36bDp

Users who are viewing this thread