mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

shued's Linguistics Professor Application

shued

Level 82
shued
shued
Omega
.⭒☆━━━✰━━━☆⭒. .⭒☆━━━✰━━━☆⭒.
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?
shued (applying).
shewd is my main account.

What is your Discord username?
goodusernamexd.

What is your time zone?
GMT+8.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
shued
LANGUAGE APPLICATION #1 - DENIED
LANGUAGE APPLICATION #2 - ACCEPTED

LANGUAGE APPLICATION #3 - ACCEPTED
POLICE APPLICATION - DENIED
COUNCILLOR APPLICATION - DENIED

GOVERNOR APPLICATION - DENIED

shewd
LANGUAGE APPLICATION #1 - ACCEPTED
HEIGHT APPLICATION - ACCEPTED
LANGUAGE APPLICATION #2 - ACCEPTED


What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

shued - ADULT | GRADE-12 APPLYING
shewd - HS-BASKETBALL | COLLEGE B

Describe your activity and roleplay experience on the server:
I would say I’m pretty active. Heh. But I recently came back around mid-July, so it’s only been a couple months or so. As a long-time SRP player since 2019, a lot has definitely changed. You can catch me online from around 5 pm onwards on MTHs (Monday & Thursday), as well as TF (Tuesday & Friday). Due to my class schedule, I have adjusted. Of course, if needed, I’m happy to share a soft copy of my schedule.
-
Recently, my activity has been a rollercoaster as exams have gotten closer and closer, which has also affected my participation on the HS basketball team. Hopefully, after exams are over, I will be back up and running. If I get very busy, I will file an inactivity log or let a higher-up know in advance. Of course, I'll make it up afterward.

​
SUNDAY​
MONDAY​
TUESDAY​
WEDNESDAY​
THURSDAY​
FRIDAY​
SATURDAY​
My availability depends on spontaneous events that day.​
I have classes from 10:30 am to 4 pm. I get home around 5 pm. ​
I have classes from 7:30 am to 5 pm.​
This day could be either a rest day or another school day that I have to attend. Either way, it's unpredictable.​
I have classes from 10:30 am to 4 pm. I get home around 5 pm. ​
I have classes from 7:30 am to 5 pm.​
My availability depends on spontaneous events that day.​

In your own words, why do you think professors are important to SchoolRP?
For me, I find educators important to SchoolRP, Professors and Teachers alike. They play a key role in roleplay, since it revolves around education and the institution itself. A school wouldn’t function without its core of learning. Professors also serve as pillars for college students, and even high school students in general, guiding them to become more knowledgeable about the world. They act as a scaffold, shaping them into educated individuals. They matter as much because School Roleplay mainly focuses on students and the opportunities that may come into their lives.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive, you may face demotion or removal from the faction?
Yes, of course.

Do you understand that if your application is accepted, you may have to undergo professor training?:
Yes, of course.

.⭒☆━━━✰━━━☆⭒. .⭒☆━━━✰━━━☆⭒.

In-Character Information

What's your character's full name? “My name is Chunsoo Wi.”

Age (Minimum is 27): “I’m twenty-seven.”

Nationality: “I’m Korean.”

Preferred Subject: “Under Literature, I would like to take up Linguistics.”

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?

A gentleman stood before you. His blonde, well-styled hair gives him a striking, almost golden glow that highlights his sharp facial features and deep, expressive eyes. At the same time, his lean, well-toned build adds a refined athletic edge to his presence, creating an innocent yet charismatic aura. Standing around 183 cm (6 feet), he carries a natural elegance that blends effortlessly with his fashion-forward style.

Chunsoo was born quiet and timid. He preferred studying over playing, and he often spent his leisure time mostly doing things on his own. This made him wary of social interactions when he was younger. The only thing saving him was his good looks and height. People often bombarded him with expectations that weighed him down. Despite that, he kept finding strength in himself. He is a family-oriented man, close to his older sister, making him somewhat... ‘A man written by a woman’. He found passion in his hobbies; he loves helping people and the youth. What sets him apart is his openness. An open book, you could say.
​

1791282210491.jpeg​


What are their plans for the future? Optionally, what is their past?
“My plan for the future is something that I leave entirely up to fate. But as someone responsible for the decisions I make in my life, I plan to make decisions I won’t regret, and that will help me a lot in my career. I can’t guarantee my future, but I can shape it. I hope to see myself in twenty or thirty years as someone successful, not in wealth or fame, but in the life of knowledge. I believe success doesn't only apply to wealth or the level of power you gain. It goes beyond such matters. I would love a future that puts me at ease, knowing I am satisfied with the level of success I’ve achieved over the years.
Throughout my entire life, I was too scared to do anything. Afraid of disappointment, of not being enough, or of not being good enough for anyone. But I told myself this mindset would get me nowhere, so I pushed myself to become someone knowledgeable and content, thinking my future wouldn't be so limited, even though there are more things out there for me. That’s why I leave it up to fate.”


What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
“I put a lot of faith in the students that I will be teaching. I aim to help them distinctly, to become knowledgeable about certain things. Linguistics isn’t just about language; it's the art of it. I’ll help them realize that. To make my relationship with my students become something precious to them, I will implement a point system during my lessons. This way, they'll be motivated to participate, knowing there is a reward for it. I'll also respect students who don't want to participate; I won't force anything on them. I plan to make my classroom a safe environment where everyone gets along and learns something at the end of the day.
As for co-workers, I hope that we’ll all be able to get along. I’m certain that we all have a common goal and, in a way, we’re all just surviving. Professionalism is one of the key traits in a workplace, so I expect that much from them.”


What is their motivation for becoming a professor?:
“My motivation in becoming a professor stems from childhood. I’ve always loved studying, and I love helping people. In high school, I often helped my classmates with their homework, and it cost me nothing but satisfaction. I found passion in studying, and Linguistics is one of them. When I find something interesting, I tend to look into it and do research; you could say curiosity kills. But that’s why I am where I am right now. It became an influence, and now I’d love a career where I can do both studying and teaching at the same time.”

.⭒☆━━━✰━━━☆⭒. .⭒☆━━━✰━━━☆⭒.

Roleplay Scenarios

A jock is ignoring your lesson and throwing paper balls at another student; what would your character do?
Chunsoo shifted in his seat, adjusting his posture. “I would first pause my lesson, apologizing to the other students who were paying attention. Then, I would calmly ask for the attention of the jock, asking them to stop disrupting the lesson and disturbing other students. I would remind them that bullying isn’t tolerated in my classroom and slightly threaten them that if it continues for the rest of the period, they will be sent out as a warning.”

A student doesn’t seem to understand the material, yet hasn’t requested help, what would your character do?
He would nod. “This is a common occurrence for students when they’re afraid of asking for help. Naturally, I pay attention to my students and their needs. So, I plan to ask them after every lesson if they’ve understood, and I’ll be available for any concerns they may have about my lessons. This way, I’ll be able to meet their needs and help them however I can. I'd remind them not to hesitate when they're curious or feel lost. It doesn’t make them weak; it actually means they’re paying attention.”

When in the faculty lounge, how does your character act?
He would have a slight smile plastered on his face. “Knowing me, I would probably just be going over my lesson plan for the next day. I know the lounge area is supposed to be for resting, but I value my alone time with studying anyway. It’s just instinct for me. And I have no problem if students ask for me during this time; if I can help them before class and get them started on what the class will be, that’d be beneficial for both the student and me.”

Provide at least 2 interactive class ideas and one field trip idea related to your subject.

1)
EYE-SPY MY LITTLE LINGUISTIC EYE
An interactive class idea for my subject would be a gallery walk around my classroom. This activity would have different interactive activities related to linguistics, stylistics, and even discourse.
The walls would feature posters of advertisements, recipes, or even English conversations. To make things interactive, each student will receive a card; they will write down the English words they can find, categorize them, examine the words and their meanings, and then translate them into Japanese. This way, they will not only examine but also apply grammar-translation. The student with the most English and Japanese words gets a sticker; the rest will receive participation points/small prizes.
​

“A 1/8th vellum printed card would be placed on the desk of each student. The card shows:”
1791282210540.png
​


2) LANGUAGE MYSTERY
This interactive activity will be available only inside the classroom. The class forms a circle of chairs and sets the tables aside. In this activity, it’s like Mafia, but Linguistics. Roles such as Mafia, Language Informant (Detective), Linguists (Citizens), and Moderator will be given randomly to the students, provided by the teacher on small rolled-up papers, revealing each student's role.
HOW TO PLAY:
After assigning secret roles, the scenario plays out like this.
- The moderator gives out the scenario. For example: “Dave had walken to school on a Friday and came back to his home around 6 pm.” Someone changed something in the sentence.. Find out who it was!
- During the day, the students discuss clues and question one another. The linguists must identify the language pattern being changed and determine who the Mafia might be. This way, everyone has to support their accusations with linguistic evidence: word choice, pronunciation, meaning.
“Dave and I went to play together in the playground.”
“I was at home sleeping.”
“I was with the teacher.”

And so on.
When the Mafia is caught, and linguists win, they will all receive small prizes. The Mafia will also get participation points.


FIELD TRIP ACTIVITY
IF PERMITTED:

NEWS STATION
A field trip activity I have in mind would be visiting the News Station, located in front of the B1 Apartment Complex. This activity would include the entire class visiting the station to observe the building and the facility itself. I would plan to have one or two reporters who cleared their schedules entertain the students, address their concerns, and satisfy their curiosity. This way, they will not only learn about the daily Karakura News but also feel confident knowing that the reports are well written and provide credible information to Karakura citizens. I believe this helps my subject in many ways. Everyone who participated will receive participation points.

ALTERNATIVE:


PUBLIC LIBRARY
An alternative field trip activity I plan is to visit the Public Library, located on the first floor of the S Apartment Complex. Students will have access to different books, resources, and even computers. To make it more interactive, I would give them different topics to find in a book and have them explain the book's summary (available on the back cover). This way, they can use linguistic devices to identify and examine the book's content. Everyone will receive participation points.
​
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top