Rich+
IGN:
DeyeetMe

DATE:
17th October 2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Remove “wanna” and “yas” from the auto word replace filter thing

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
In IC chat, when you type “wanna” it gets turned into “want to”, and “yas” turns into “true” (???). I don’t think there’s anything wrong with your character saying "wanna" and "yas" considering it’s something people say in real life, and especially since “gonna” and “gotta” don’t get changed. Also when I type in “yas” I most definitely don’t mean for my character to say “true”. Please. thanks for read​

AJPhoenix

Level 5
+1

I completely understand what you mean and it does affect the people who use these words/phrases a lot so pulling up this suggestion is fair enough.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1

Every character has their own way of speaking. It's not like realistically, you would autocorrect your slang into their original words

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1

When me and a bunch of people found this we had a utter laughing fit at the fact Yas was no true. Pls, I WANNA SAY YAS QUEEN

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Btw how do I get my rank to appear under my name like that?
If you mean my actual rank, link your account in the settings

If you mean the community team, you need to apply for a team

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
i never understood why this was a thing if eel like it was the people who made the filter like bro i would just &f and bypass it fr

robinzee

Level 25
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
+1.

This has been a thing that's been bugging me a ton with one of my characters - she's a street kid, she'd use "wanna" instead of want to! This seems like such a random and arbitrary restriction to place upon IC dialogue - why even have it there?

Minobu

Level 218
Minobu
Minobu
Notable+
I agree, the filter that corrects simple things like ‘yas’ isn’t doing what it’s meant to do. Pretty sure it was meant to replace bad words to begin with, so I don’t see any problem with allowing people to say or pronounce words the way their character wants

Angry

Level 31
GrrAngry
GrrAngry
Omega+
+1 ! Thank you for bringing this up.. I have a greenie account and I love speaking like that but like, it's hard when it keeps correcting things to be so formal

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

Stop restricting dialogue if it isn't hurting anything, characters come from different backgrounds... (This doesn't include the harmful words that are censored for obvious reasons)

Users who are viewing this thread