Jtth_

Level 6
Jtth_
Jtth_
Notable
IGN: xJon_tthx
DATE: 29/4/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Lately I noticed that phones and phone numbers in srp are something that cannot be changed in any way. My suggestion is for srp to add a new plugin or roleplay allowance for players to change their numbers by breaking the sim card either roleplaying it or by a plugin. The sim card update would cause the player to lose all of his contacts that are to be regained ICLY as well as get a new number. However I believe a cool down of 7 OOC days should exist. HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I Believe that my suggestion would help the server adding a realistic concept when it comes to phones. Since a new social media update is coming I believe a SIM card update would make the social update a bit more complete also adding to making the phones realistic. When it comes to roleplay this could benefit player that are trying to hide for someone or being tracked down as well as it would add on to the lore or rp that this update will be able to lead to. Also the cool down would add on the idea so people wont be able to spam the sim card change as in reality no one would actually change number so frequently. Thanks for reading this and I hope people agree with my suggestion!

Minobu

Level 218
Minobu
Minobu
Notable+
Cool ideal at first glance, though in the long-run I can see this being easily abused. I think it’s fine as is

There are very limited issues that sprout from this. And typically if you are sharing multiple characters on an account, you can probably just take the number differently in-character

SapouT

Level 21
IGN: xJon_tthx
DATE: 29/4/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Lately I noticed that phones and phone numbers in srp are something that cannot be changed in any way. My suggestion is for srp to add a new plugin or roleplay allowance for players to change their numbers by breaking the sim card either roleplaying it or by a plugin. The sim card update would cause the player to lose all of his contacts that are to be regained ICLY as well as get a new number. However I believe a cool down of 7 OOC days should exist. HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I Believe that my suggestion would help the server adding a realistic concept when it comes to phones. Since a new social media update is coming I believe a SIM card update would make the social update a bit more complete also adding to making the phones realistic. When it comes to roleplay this could benefit player that are trying to hide for someone or being tracked down as well as it would add on to the lore or rp that this update will be able to lead to. Also the cool down would add on the idea so people wont be able to spam the sim card change as in reality no one would actually change number so frequently. Thanks for reading this and I hope people agree with my suggestion!
+1 I believe that being able to change numbers would be realistic cuz having the same SIM card as you had on a phone that go stolen doesn’t really make sense, also being able to destroy your phone to destroy possible evidence of something would be a realistic thing that criminal would do so it would also help with criminal roleplayers. Also it will be nice to be able to generate a random number for each phone you get, So I believe that you should still have the same number in all your phones, unless you want to destroy one number and get a new one with a ticket to staff

SapouT

Level 21
Cool ideal at first glance, though in the long-run I can see this being easily abused. I think it’s fine as is
I don’t think it’s something easily abused as it’s something way too realistic as it is really easy to lose ur SIM card when you lose your phone, so now when someone is trying to take ur phone you would have to protect ur SIM if you want to use it on next phone otherwise you would have to make a ticket to get it changed

Minobu

Level 218
Minobu
Minobu
Notable+
I don’t think it’s something easily abused as it’s something way too realistic as it is really easy to lose ur SIM card when you lose your phone, so now when someone is trying to take ur phone you would have to protect ur SIM if you want to use it on next phone otherwise you would have to make a ticket to get it changed
I guess it’d depend how interchangeable they are.

Example I could spam someone with 12 different new numbers. That and every person had a number logged to their account data wise on the server, so imagine it’d cause issues similar to the early wardrobe plugin

BearDucky

Level 35
BearDucky
BearDucky
Rich+
Your making it easier for yourself as a gangrper and harder for KPD bare in mind the plane fields are stable currently also your stripping certain rolls of their jobs.

I’d have to say the only way this helps at all is with people who have been caught by KPD with things due to a phone call. I think it shouldn’t be implied as that’s the whole point of being as sneaky as you can, as well as the plug-in.

I’d also have to say that the SIM card suggestion is based around people getting away with certain things, I feel like if this is implied KPD should still be able to track your old number too your new number as they would have realistically technology that may do that.

Overall, I’d have to say my opinion is biased yet some points people will understand, but that’s the point of Gangrp, it’s your fault if you use your phone to bait someone into killing them or hurting them.

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I haven't read anything yet but I want to say this before anyone else proceeds, after I will read through im just going off the title: sms cards are already being implemented and are on the trello board (last time I checked this was correct) and its something they are working on

Jtth_

Level 6
Jtth_
Jtth_
Notable

There are very limited issues that sprout from this. And typically if you are sharing multiple characters on an account, you can probably just take the number differently in-character
It was nice reading your feedback. An improvement would be extending the cool down to prevent any amusement of the system. Of course this isnt something important though infect like replying for this suggestion. Have a nice day.

pashy

Level 183
No way this is on the trello? I don't see how is it going to function but let's see how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread