Level 95
Community Team
Lore Team
Even more applications, yippie!!!!!
Last minute too...

IGN:

The account I am applying with is SIMPL3Z,
My alternate account is Z3LPMIS

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)

simplezz (Simplez#2390)

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?

I have a working microphone and no issues with communicating via any platform, in this case Discord.

Your time zone and current country of residence:

GMT+1 and I reside in The Netherlands.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/simpl3z-build-team-application.53924/ DENIED.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?

Yes I am fully aware of this.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.

School
Basically in short terms: I failed this current school year (2022-2023), meaning I have to redo the same grade and if I fail once more, I get kicked out of school, which I think we can all understand that isn’t something we want happening, and neither do I, neither do I just want to fail the same year again. Although I am currently on summer break I won’t use this as an excuse for my availability. School will (sadly, in the words of a teenager) be have to put on a priority once I do start again, so this will limit my progression and development, however I will try to dedicate time towards this as wiring is a passion and perhaps something I intend to pursue further after school, so I’m getting experience after all.

Mental health
For my sanity whilst writing this and to keep the mood light I don’t want to dive too much into detail here but say what needs to be said and that is: my mental health is not the greatest. I have my struggles and I have my battles and within these moments I often find myself shutting down and unless I am extremely motivated, I won’t really do anything. I am an emotional writer of some kind and can write whenever I want but I’ll write the most if I’m in the right mood to do so, this obviously will obstruct it quite a bit. I do plan on working to overcome this, but nothing worthwhile can be done quickly, but perhaps this skill of getting over it and doing what needs to be done in said moment is something I’ll develop along the way.

The same reasons I failed this school year.
There’s a couple of things which also very might possibly interfere with the progression and development, and they are tied to why I failed this school year, those being: motivation, discipline and procrastination. These are however not the biggest of problems anymore, besides the discipline part. I’ve learned through CBT (cognitive behavior therapy) how to help motivate myself and stop procrastinating towards doing stuff which in the moment I might not enjoy, because how I do enjoy writing, sometimes u just wanna do something else (procrastinate). Now I have learned how to help motivate myself and procrastinate less, but it isn’t a 100% full proof thing as it is not exactly the easiest thing to do either. I don’t see this being one of the bigger problems of limiting my progression and development like my priority on school, but still the chance for this to get in the way is there.

Perfectionism
I am very much a ‘it has to be perfect’ rye of person, meaning if it is simply good, but I am unsatisfied, I’ll restart. Most of the time I’ll end up ‘ ‘disappointing’ myself of some sorts because it has been taking too long and I settle on something that’s ‘good’ and not ‘perfect’. This just makes it so my projects might take a little longer before I am done with them, once more though: I’m trying to learn to know when to settle and still he satisfied, to know that when something is good, it actually is good enough, and I don’t need to achieve something perfect

A lot of learning, I know

What makes you passionate about writing?:

What makes me passionate about writing is the ability to let my creativity and emotions loose. Purely if we look at the SRP related side of things it’ll have to stick with the creativity side but I have also written more emotional stories and letters previously, but to get back to the point, the freedom of being creative. I am very creative and I’m always trying to come up with new stuff, unique stuff, which I think can be closely resembled with all of my previously written and done projects on SRP. But even if I look beyond the scope of SRP I’ve always been what my parents called a “world builder and storyteller”. I love making worlds, making the setting and making the story behind something, and I’ve done this all throughout my life, from the small imaginary Lego worlds I made when I was like 7 to my first attempts at writing a book when I was 12. The satisfaction and the pure enjoyment I got whenever I made something interesting, when I made an entire story, an entire world is something I value very much and this keeps me going, it keeps me wanting to expand, to make and write more, it’s keeping me on such a hook that I’ve been looking at creative writing studies to do after highschool, actually pursuing it as my job later. I have a never ending love for writing because it lets my immense creativity and ability to make up stories and worlds out of thin air actually make them something concrete. It lets me voice out my thoughts, feelings and emotions on a level I can’t even describe them with verbal words. And even with all of these many reasons which might interfere with my writing, even on a daily basis, I still always try to keep going, keep writing, because there is never a moment where I don’t enjoy writing.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:

I don’t have much experience, most of my experience comes through SRP related projects as this is kind of where I first truly discovered my love for writing, but I do have experience.
I’ve written a bunch of unfinished stories previously in my early years of middle school, then on SRP I have been ever expanding on my experience, writing a bunch of lore projects for my characters, a massive 10.000+ word biography (which isn’t even finished) for one of my characters and writing works and pieces for others as I take writing commissions in tailoring servers like X2 and Sanrio Academy. I also am still currently a member in the reporter faction for SRP, not with many reports—due to a long inactivity spree—but many more to come for sure.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:

Lore is the story, the history. Of what? Of something, someone or somewhere. Making and writing lore is giving that someone, something or somewhere a story, a history, a reason as to why it exists.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.​
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.​
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.​

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Skidmarks
[1065 words, 5612 characters]

Watching the rain fall and run down the window, clearly this gloomy weather didn’t help Satoru’s frustrated mood improve. Staring out of his window as he was consumed in his mind, with his thoughts lingering. The door suddenly opened, Satoru’s mood instantly shifted as he was caught off-guard and sat up straight with a fixed posture, looking at the door, in which his father was standing.

“Why don’t you come out of your room for a little bit, Satoru?”
His father spoke. A slight hint of worries were noticeable in his speech. It was clear to Satoru, his father didn’t want him to sit in his room all day.

“And do what?”
Satoru replied. Frustration seemed to pop in his voice, his body language confirmed the irritation that he was being filled with because of his fathers question.

"Well.. I don’t know, but I just.. I don’t want you to be in your room all day, but rather active”
His father shakily spoke to him, with his best intentions he stood there, seemingly, Satoru wasn't appreciative of it.

“I’m waiting on a call from a friend. Until I get it, I'm not leaving my room. Now can you please just get out?”
The two of them looked at each other for a moment, his father tilted his head, almost as a sign of asking to stay, asking Satoru to listen. But even then Satoru’s fierce look dismissed his father. Taking a deep sigh as his father turned around, and walked out the door. Satoru turned back to the window, scanning the area outside of it like he hadn’t seen it before. It was boring but he needed to wait, just for that one phone call.

Buzz buzz… Buzz buzz…

“Hello?”
Satoru’s phone went off, quickly he had stood up and rushed over to his desk, snatching it from the desk as he answered the call. Was it that important?

“This is Clover, right?”
The female voice on the other end of the line spoke. With somewhat of a pause, Satoru took a breath before he answered, he knew this was the call he was waiting for.

“Yes yes.. This is Clover.”
He said, his nerves started to build up as he started to tap on the desk with his fingers.

“Great. Start packing your bags.”
-
“Wait what? Pack my bags?”
Satoru stopped tapping his fingers on the desk in an instant. He was shocked about this news. Finally he heard what he wanted to hear.

“Yes, you’re in the tournament. Now pack your bags and get over to the airport. Your flight leaves at 7:40pm.”

Satoru took a pause, he looked back at the window on which the rain still was trickling down. Taking a breather to calm down, to calm his nerves which he didn’t need anymore. And to calm the ones which were about to come.

“That’s amazing! Right I'll uh I’ll see you at the airport then!”
Joy now filled his voice as he hung up the call and put his phone down, he sat for a moment whilst his smile grew wider on his face, before getting up from his desk as he grabbed a travel bag from under his bed, throwing it onto his bed.
Filled with energy he ran around his room, grabbing the clothes from his closet and other necessary collectibles. But all that running makes noise. He stopped once he heard his father walking up the stairs with his usual loud but extremely slow pace. Satoru had planned for this, surely he could just put his bags under his bed and act like nothing happened, and leave after dinner. He changed his mind, he kept packing his bag. He was leaving, why would he care about what his father would say! His father opened the door as he stood once more, leaning on the side of the door as he crossed his legs.

“Satoru, what are you doing?”
His father said, a confused tone in his speech was noticeable, seeing his son pack up a travel bag? What was all of this? He tried his best to not lash out and just start yelling. But his tense posture and shaking hands seemed to want different.

“...I’m leaving. LA, Nevada. Today.”
Satoru said after a long pause in which he stopped everything he was doing, even his breathing. It sure was an anxious moment, but he just had to deal with it. He finished packing his bags as he closed them up, picking them up by the handles and walked towards his father in the door frame.

“ . . But why . ?”
his father said, now almost sounding desperate for his son to stay, but he looked so frustrated, so angry. Hoping Satoru would understand that he just couldn’t do something like this and that it was logical for his father to be mad but, that wasn’t the case.

“So I can be active.”
Satoru said, walking past his father and walking down the creaky wooden stairs in their home. He stopped in the hallway to put the travelbag down and take his coat from the hanger as well as his keys to a black Mazda RX-7 behind them, and held them in his hand as he opened the door, picking up his bag again as he walked out to the driveway. And there it was. His beauty of a Mazda RX-7. He closed the door and walked around to the trunk, opening it and putting his travel bag in, he stared at it for just a moment.

He slammed it shut and walked to the driver's seat, looking up at the house and his room, he saw his father. Seemingly Satoru’s father said something, but the rain covering the window made Satoru unable to see. He looked down as he got in the car, closing the door. Satoru put the keys in the ignition and started the loud engine of his RX-7 up, he wanted to make it clear to his father what he loves doing, what he always did and what he’s going to do.

Revving the car up as he clutched the handbrake and started pushing on the gas, to then quickly take the car off of the handbrake and speed off straight down the main avenue.
Leaving a pair of black, tire skid marks on the driveway.
Something that couldn’t be washed away by the rain

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

[The Ukiyato Cult]
[1069 words, 5940 characters

The Japanese Torii on the far left side of the beach, always having been a popular place for explorers to take a break and admire the sunset, of for locals to propose or go on a romantic date. The Torii was built all the way back in the 1200’s, supposedly by an individual named Hashiba Ukiyato. Hashiba was a young and spiritual female, who was a native to Karakura, and founder of the long forgotten Ukiyato Cult. The Ukiyato Cult was seen as a normal religion during this time on the island, with the Torii on the beach acting like a praising ground to the gods that they believed in.

The followers of the Ukiyato Cult believed in the Colosseum of Fools. It was said that before the islands around the coastlines of the many Asian countries were conquered by groups of Higher beings from the Japanese mainland, each group of Higher beings had ‘warriors’ which were close followers of the Higher Beings who had learned the same power as they had, having unique traits and strenghts. The people of the Ukiyato Cult believed that if they did not worship and praise the warriors who gave them their freedom on the Islands, they would receive punishment from the higher beings and warriors in the way the warriors were most known, feared and skilled.

Karakura was said to be freed by the Fooling of the Faith. This was a group of strong warriors which more so opted for a mental battle than a physical one, having their ways of manipulating people and driving them into insanity. It was said that once they had arrived on the Island of Karakura, where the now Airfield used to be they had built a Colosseum, in which they would humiliate disobeyers in front of a crowd by driving them into insanity with hallucinations, delusions and voices altered to the projections behavior. A humiliating show which almost always ended in certain death.

The Torii was used as a praising ground for the Fooling of the Faith warriors. To thank them for their amusement and the freedom they brought to the locals. Although slowly over time, the Ukiyato Cult started to lose its members and its faith, with the slow and inevitable end of being forgotten by most.

Nakayama was a young adventure girl, seeking mysterious places and exploring them, looking for ghosts and old relics of the past. She had been to the lonely standing Torii a few times already but she still hadn’t figured out why it was there. As she decided to do some research she found old written documents and tales of the Ukiyato Cult and their beliefs, which all were tied to the Torii on the beach. With enough convincing spirits seemingly lingering around the Torii, she decided to go on an adventure once more.

On the articles and pages she read, she had read that the seeming ‘spirit’s were actually a now presumed died out plant and flower, the Psychoabstractilla Spore which was given off from the Abstracticalota flowers could infect an individual's brain stem, causing them to develop a form of schizophrenia on a high rate of speed due to the brain nerves in the stem being altered. The longer one was exposed to these spores, the worse the effect got

But this wasn’t enough to stop Nakayama from going on her adventure. Simply, she had put on a facemask whilst she was walking over towards the Torii in the distance, already convinced of the Abstracticalota flowers being dead, but just in case.

Once she stood in front of the Torii, she sat down on her knees like she was about to pray to whichever higher being was praised here, except she always did the opposite. Being curious and excited for danger, what more did Nakayama want than to see the spirits and ghosts for herself, so instead of praising, she called out the ghosts, swearing at them and cursing them.

She sat in the sand for a good while before she opened her eyes and looked around her. She survived the hardest part she thought, as her torn up pages that were put on display in museums said that if one were to disrespect the higher beings, a swift end was to be made to them. But Nakayama was still standing, doing a-okay.

bummed by not seeing anything, not even hearing anything for a solid amount of time she decided to walk down the side of the beach, since the Torii was raised up on a small hill, maybe underneath near the rocks is something where she would find carvings or anything dating back to these old days.

As she walked down towards the waters edge something changed in her seemingly. She stared out over the water as she looked for something, for someone. Seeing adventurous kids swim out far away from the normally populated beach, and citizens cross by infront of her on boats, she didn’t find what she was looking for, but she heard something.
Something called for her, it called her in the water. Nakayama was freaked out but she was so tempted. After all this is what she wanted, she heard something, someone. The things she read were perhaps real after all.

She dumped all of her stuff out of her pockets as she walked in the shallow part of the water but the voice inside of her head kept asking her to go deeper. She tried to swim further away but she got deafened by a loud, high pitched scream, or so she heard. She had to walk and go underwater.

She looked back at her stuff but, it wasn’t there. Nothing was there. She was in the middle of the ocean. Being so lost, so confused she proceeded to go underwater, and keep walking. And walked. And walked. And walked.

Three hours later the police were notified of the body of a young girl floating in the water. Quickly rushing over to help her out but, she had drowned hours ago already. The Torii now for Nakayama’s family had become a way of remembering their daughter, who tragically had been taken away by the ocean. With Nakayama’s stuff still laying near the rocky hill which held the Torii high up, her family left flowers and candles.

All next to the beautiful white flower which was planted in the ground against the cliffside.​

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
ACCEPTED
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. DM gncme#4317 on Discord to get your roles set up!
As they'd say, welcome to Lore's Court.​

Users who are viewing this thread