players online

Small(ish) Gardening System Suggestion

NoahUT

Level 1
YoCarWrecked2002
YoCarWrecked2002
IGN: Colorchrome/YoCarWrecked2002
DATE: 5/31/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I want to suggest a public gardening system that can be used in housing and apartments, and maybe in other places like shops or classrooms! An explanation of the system can be found below:
Explanation: When you plant something in a pot and hover over the now potted plant, you will see three needs for the plant: Water, Light, and Care. Water is self explanatory. You need to water the plant with either a spray bottle or watering can (you don't have to include the spray bottle with the suggestion, though I suggested it for plants such as cacti and ones like it.) to keep it as damp as it needs to be. Light is also self explanatory. Depending on the light levels (high, medium, or low light), it will grow faster and better. For example, if a plant that needs medium light is put in a high light area, it wouldn't grow as nicely as a plant that is in its own light level (medium light level plant in medium light levels). Now for Care, it mostly consists of using plant-safe bug spray to get rid of bugs (for less stress reasons, I would make bugs a rare or an uncommon occurrence (or not include them at all)) and optionally giving your plants nutrients through plant food or other means. That's basically it for the explanation.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I think it'd be a nice addition to increase both aesthetic and entertainment! Of course, if this is accepted, you are free to add on or take away to make it less stress free (in case it does kind of sound stressful)! I have an example of another server's gardening system too.
SocialLifeGardeningOld.png
Example of a currently Open Beta server's version of gardening.

Jay.

Level 13
jayharu
jayharu
Fundraiser+
[-1]
Sorry, imo, just being able to make custom plants is less tedious and stressful than having to manage a plant which could die. Also the fact that you'd have to get on every day to manage the plant (unless they make it so its every few days but that wont really be realistic if that's what you're going for-)

i like the idea yes- but its a bit stressful and tedious and not many players will pay attention to it as most the server's population is homeless which means basically nowhere to even manage a plant which means some players may even forget or not know this addition is there.

NoahUT

Level 1
YoCarWrecked2002
YoCarWrecked2002
[-1]
Sorry, imo, just being able to make custom plants is less tedious and stressful than having to manage a plant which could die. Also the fact that you'd have to get on every day to manage the plant (unless they make it so its every few days but that wont really be realistic if that's what you're going for-)

i like the idea yes- but its a bit stressful and tedious and not many players will pay attention to it as most the server's population is homeless which means basically nowhere to even manage a plant which means some players may even forget or not know this addition is there.
It wouldn't be all custom, and I don't think it'd be everyday
I would just think a few plants could be added and it could be a weekly thing
But I definitely see where you are coming from

markoos

Level 28
-1, an idea similar to this was also already denied. This just seems too tedious, and the whole care system seems very out of character for a server like srp imo (I mean pit of character as in it doesn't fit, not as in OOC)

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
I honestly agree with the above mentioned. This feels like it would be ignored and a waste of the money and time to get it created. The only reason this would be useful is free food, however most have access to /feed, and those who don't might not be interested in paying attention to the plugin while they can just buy apples or peach treats in the vending machines.

sir meow

Level 39
Z0mbi3chan
Z0mbi3chan
Rich
this is a schoolrp, where you roleplay, at school, not rp as a farmer. this kinda just seems too much and would probably be better for a fantasy roleplay server, and not schoolrp, also because i think schoolrp is more modern and i dont think its a place where you'd see big farms around growing crops and such

DylanDeNewb

Level 35
Helper
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
some sort of basic gardening system could be cool, and link into player cooking stats, though I think the proposed idea might be a bit too complicated for the majority of srpers.

Lizalopod

Level 130
some sort of basic gardening system could be cool, and link into player cooking stats, though I think the proposed idea might be a bit too complicated for the majority of srpers.
This tbh

I wish I could grow some berries in my appartment though or something, I think a basic gardening system to get some of the basic ingredients for cooking would be super cool

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We will look into doing something like this in future.​

Users who are viewing this thread