Snowy Season Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizalopod

Level 130
IGN: GemiLightning
DATE: 12/2/2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Currently, we've just started with winter in school roleplay! Snow's everywhere, people are meeting snowballs and its all fun and happy times!
However, there are currently some issues and things that I feel could be changed to be better pretty easily, which could make the experience better

Snow Plows / Snow shovers

I'm unsure as to how easy it would be to have a vehicle clear out snow in the road, but it could be an interesting seasonal job if it's possible! Alternatively, making a shovel custom item that can easily clear out snow would be awesome as well! (I offer myself to make the custom if needed)

Currently, the snow is everywhere, and it makes driving on the roads quite annoying, so having a way to clear them out easily would be amazing

Iced over Pools

Currently, the pools are affected by the winter plugin, as in they're all iced over. I would suggest making the pool area not affected by the plugin, so people can still grind out swimming and the swim teams can function properly

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

By continuing to flesh out the winter update by adding more features and fixing some things, I feel like we can make the experience much better! Those are my two suggestions, but I'm sure other people have thought of more things that could benefit the experience for the wintertime. (If you'd like to add onto this, respond to this thread below or make your own)​

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich

A thing for the roads yes, but the swim team shouldn't function in winter, neither should anybody be swimming

Lizalopod

Level 130

A thing for the roads yes, but the swim team shouldn't function in winter, neither should anybody be swimming
Why shouldn't they though? They're a team like all the others, having a sports team inoperable because of something that can be fixed is kinda meh y'know

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Why shouldn't they though? They're a team like all the others, having a sports team inoperable because of something that can be fixed is kinda meh y'know
last year they were made that sport where its like ballet on ice that they do on Yuri on ice (something the swim team should consider)

and the reason they shouldn't is becuase it's literally freezing ICly and its a IC consequence of the weather

Naishoten

Level 40
Naishoten
Naishoten
Omega
Unfortunately I'm going to have to agree with Totoro_Sam on the swimming thing. Usually pools are emptied during the colder seasons as to keep them from damage and to get a chance to clean them. I don't think they should be emptied because the ice skating idea tbh. Make it packed ice though.

Heated pools do exist, but I don't know if they can do this withing the winter plugin, maybe make the biome a desert.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
"(I offer myself to make the custom if needed)"

1638484868791.png

Oowa, Roasted, beat you to it.

florestia

Level 44
Community Team
Lore Team
florestia
florestia
Omega+
+1/-1

There has already been talks about the issues with swim team and the winter season, yes of course heated pools exist but unfortunately this is the way SRP has decided to run things. There are an abundance of things the swim team is still capable of doing in the Winter season instead of swimming, like swim based first aid training and other stuff. Although I do agree on the snow plows!

Tarxan

Level 25
I was previously one of the swim team captains and let me tell you winter was a pain in the ass in terms of trying to keep up with activity. Telling members to swim in conditions like this where the water is quite literally freezing over is realistically sending them to death. An alternative I came up with (as Totoro_Sam mentioned), was ice skating. I quickly scrapped this idea deeming that it was too similar to what cheer does and moved on to other things that involved water in a generality, extending as far as marine biology. There are plenty of alternatives as Hoeqq said, but swimming is just not possible ICly in weather like this.

Other than this, general +1 to the suggestion so far.

OGMint

Level 9
ScaryBook
ScaryBook
Notable+
I agree with the snow plow I'd like the roads to be cleared a bit, but about the swimming pool idea, I'd say that only in door swimming pools should be used, because of the ic consequences of swimming in water at freezing temperatures.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion! We've added Snow Shovels as today's Advent Calendar reward in-game, these allow you to clean up snow with a quick left-click. We'll also introduce these into a temporary NPC store on the 7th of December for those who missed out on the freebie. (Credit to Customable for the model & Zegevlier for the development)

As for the icy pool, as the Winter plugin comes with many features, we decided that removing the ice would take away a fun feature from the players and have decided to keep it for now. We may re-think this in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread