mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Sociology Teacher (Head of Department)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kawaii_Kittyxx

Level 13
GN (In Game Name): Kawaii_Kittyxx
Previous bans: I was banned on the old map for Power-Gaming, though I didn't know what it was.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes.

Describe your activity on the server: 1-2 hours on weekdays and 2-6 hours on weekends.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? Yes.

Do you have a microphone? Yes.

List your current and past applications: I did a School Inspector and a Secretary application.

What is your motivation for applying?: Most of the time when I'm on the server, I don't see much staff online and the server seems less alive. Also when it's school time, there are no teachers and I see people complaining how there needs to be more. I want to try my best to prevent that from happening. My main reason to become a teacher is that I want to help students succeed of what they want to be when they are older. I want to teach them things about different culture, personal lives, our communities and the world. I want them to understand the world so that when they leave school and go out into the real world, they will understand what it is like.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers? Yes, I have read it through many times.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): I haven't really role-played as a teacher before but I have an idea of what they do. Briefly, teachers educate students to help them succeed of what career they want. I have a little experience in real life of Sociology, I usually get As and Bs in the class, I help the teacher with some work and if any of my classmates need help, I usually give them a hand. In general, I go to school, participate in class and hang out with my friends.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee (Trainee).
2. Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT).
3. Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS).
4. Head of Department (HD).

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes, I read through it and I understand it completely.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? I wouldn't change it at all, I think it is fine just the way it is.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are there to help students succeed. They prepare them for when they go out to the real world and make them more independent. To help them be more independent and get prepared for the real world, teachers educate the students of what career they want, teach them about politeness and behaviour as well as independence.

Teachers in their spear time would usually get lessons prepared, mark homework, mark some tests and discuss some things with other teachers. They might even plan a mini support lesson for a student who needs more help in the subject.

The salary for a Sociology Teacher is $72,360.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: Teachers are very important to the school. Without teachers, students won't learn, get jobs and they won't have a successful future.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
1. Trainee (Trainee)-
These are beginner teachers, they are only given this rank for a few days. You don't have any permission to start a class that you weren't assigned to teach, you have to teach the class the subject you where assigned for.

2. Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)- You are now more of a higher rank, you are more of an advanced teacher and you have the right to start a lesson but before you do, you should check with the Head of Department (HD) and check in the role-play documents what you are suppose to teach. You don't have to cover everything from the book, only the key parts. You are allowed to make some errors . You are not allowed to let Trainees in to watch you.

3. Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)- You are now the norm for teachers, you now have permission to start a class whenever you want but remember to discuss it and organise it with other teachers. You shouldn't make much errors now. You are allowed to let Trainees in but you aren't allowed to trainee them yet.

4. Head of Department (HD)- You are now at the top of the rank. You must plan what lessons will be taught amongst your department. It is very unlikely you would get this rank if it's already taken but they can offer you Co-Head of Department.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

1. Learning Objectives-
For learning objectives, you use a must, should and could system (MoSCo) this is how is works:
Must: The main objective of the lesson. Students should know and remember this
Should: An important thing that should be done.
Could: Students don't have to do this but it would be great if they did. This is sort of like an extension last.

2. Plan your Introduction- The introduction is quite important, it lets students know what we will be learning. Check if they know any knowledge about the topic and make them brainstorm about the things they know.

3. Plan Specific Learning Activities- Don't start a lesson and have no resources on you, that is breaking the CoC. When you start a new topic, you should give the students a Diagnostic Test. When you write a Diagnostic Test you should consider these things:
  • How will I know the student knows or not knows
  • Why do I need it?
  • What questions should I include?
4. Develop a Conclusion- Prepare a summary for the topic so they can understand it better. It is best to end a lesson for them with
"This lesson we have learnt about..."
"Can you tell me about..."

5. Create a Timeline- Sometimes during a lesson you run out of time or spend to much time. You should use a timeline to organise the lesson out. With your timeline you might want to add:
  • Estimate how long each activity will take
  • Plan extra time for activity incase if they need more time
  • Plan an extra activity if they finish early
  • Prepare extension tasks

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Miss Amila is a very kind, helpful and caring woman. She will help anyone who needs it and she gives them extra support. She is only strict when she has to be. She has dark chocolate brown hair will warm brown eyes and her skin is pale with a slight shade of brown. She usually wears a casual top, cardigan and jeans. On her head she sometimes wears a black hijab.

Miss Amila has a great respect for teachers who took their time and effort to educate the students and help them get a great future. She also loves the students who are eggar to learn and she will never leave a student out.

Miss Amila's plan for the future is to carrying on teaching students about Sociology and enjoy her job as much as she can.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: I would tell them to stop swearing and then I will tell them what would happen If they keep on doing it. If they still carry on swearing I will put them in detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? I would tell them to be quiet in a loud but calm voice, I will then tell them the consequences if they keep carrying on. If they do keep on talking I would put them in detention or let them stay in for a few minutes of break.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? I would just sit quietly marking some homework, planning the next lesson or check my emails. I might have a little chat with the other teachers to.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me Looks over students work
/me Starts off the lesson with a starter activity
/me Checks some emails from other teachers
/me Makes sure the students are doing there work
/me Tells the students to listen and top messing around

BACKSTORY

Miss Amila was born in Iraq. She had a happy life there until she was 12 years old, . A war started in 2003 so she and her family had to go into hiding. 1 year later she was able to move to Japan as a refugee.

She didn't make much friends since everyone though she was weird just because she wore the hijab. She just ignored them and carried on with her life. It was hard for her since everyone though she was weird and she couldn't make a single friend.

Her favourite class in school was Sociology class, she found it very interesting and fun. She found out loads of things about the world and found out that she wasn't the only one who went through a lot of pain. Loads of people had the same problem as her. In Sociology she got A* or As and she was very proud of it, she wanted to do it for her GCSE's and A-Levels. She studied a lot about it and almost knew everything of it. She got A* in her GCSE's and A-Levels. She was so proud go herself.

Her plan was to become a Sociology Teacher so she could teach students about the world, how to behave, the laws etc. She went to a university in the UK and tried her best to get a Sociology and Teaching Degree. Lucky for her she did and she moved back to Japan to join her family and get a job. She is now trying to apply for this school.

IN CHARACTER
(
Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Amber Amila
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss Amila
Given Name(s): None
Preferred Name: Miss Amila

Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Half Iraqi and Half Emirati
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0
Working Experience (# of years): 3

Academic Degree: University of London Teaching and Sociology Degree.

Year of Graduation: University: 2012, High School: 2008
Major(s): Sociology
Minors: Music

Native Languages: English and Arabic
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: None
Preferred Teaching Group: Small

Additional notes about your application (if any): N/A

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread