mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Solorized's Counselor Application.

solorize

Level 50
Community Team
Media Team

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: solorize, solorized (account I’m applying with)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): solo#1218

How old are you? (Optional): I’m not very comfortable with revealing my age but I can tell you that I am under 18 and over 13.

What is your time zone?: ICT (GMT 7+)

Describe your activity on the server: I am active almost every day, around four or eight hours. I’m usually active around 10 am to six pm est. Sometimes if I have the time I’ll be on around midnight to four am(ish?) est.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?): I have never been banned and I will try my best to keep it that way.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I completely acknowledge and accept this.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Counselor

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
A school counselors’ job is to offer help, guidance, and support to students with troubles or issues they may have. Whether it’s problems at home, with friends, relationships, academic struggles/stress, etc. Their goal is to resolve or help overcome these issues and offer as much emotional support as they could. They may also help students with their college applications or scholarships.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Although I’ve only been playing on the server for a couple of months. I would say I’m quite experienced in roleplay in general as I’ve been roleplaying on other platforms for about six or seven years now. I actually started on FRP and gained a lot of roleplaying skills from there, and I got to practice a lot of detailRP, but I eventually left and moved to SRP after losing interest. On the server, I mostly just do casual studentRP and familyRP, but I’m currently branching out to do other things to make my experience on the server more interesting. In all honesty, I’m not as experienced in roleplaying in a school scenario as a staff, but I am experienced in roleplaying as a ther@pist/psychologist. (a changed to @ for censorship reasons)

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

CHINESE LANGUAGE APPLICATION | ACCEPTED
GREEK LANGUAGE APPLICATION | DENIED
GREEK LANGUAGE RE-APPLICATION | ACCEPTED
ROLE REQUEST | ACCEPTED
ROLE REQUEST | ACCEPTED

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

17 years old, grade 12.
16 years old, grade 10.

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
My character would politely tell them to stop as what they’re doing is inappropriate and against school rules. If they continue, I’ll gently ask them why they are so bothered, ask them why they are behaving that way. Maybe even ask what I’m doing wrong as a way of getting equal with them in hopes of the student compromising with me. I might even invite them to have a chat in the counseling room if the issue turns out to be much bigger. If they still continue, then they leave me no choice but to either give them detention or call an SLT member.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
I would immediately call another staff member to help separate them and break up the fight. Once the fight is broken, I will ask permission to consult them in my office and try to figure out why the fight happened in the first place, maybe try to understand the issue and resolve it. I will try to make sure everything ends in peace so the two students don’t get in a fight again. That is my job after all. Unless of course, if my higher-ups had other plans, such as giving them detention or a suspension.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Again, I’ll tell them to stop and that their actions are making me uncomfortable. If say, they have a weapon or something that could potentially endanger me I will try my best to stay calm when talking to them. I will warn them and tell them that their behavior is highly irresponsible and unprofessional, I'd remind them of how their behavior could risk their career and I will not hesitate to report them if they do not stop. If they continue, I’ll go straight to my higher-ups and report them immediately.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
I would greet the people in the room, smiling at everyone even when I’ve had a rough day. Just because I've had a bad day, doesn't mean I can't smile and make others better. I’ll most likely have an americano in my hand already, if not, I’ll make some using the coffee machine (if there is one), and take out my lunch if I brought any that day. I’ll try to start a conversation with my fellow staff members-- ask them about their day, how life is going for them. My character is definitely a listener. I’d most likely ask the teachers about their students and how they’re doing, always good to hear about the kids. As much as it is break time, my character will try to act as professional as possible.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me would be seated comfortably in his chair, nodding as he listened to the student in front of him speak. He showed genuine interest in the issue they were facing, you could see it in his face.

/me would greet the student entering the room with a smile, “Good morning. Please take a seat! Let me finish something up before I get to you.” He spoke in a warm and welcoming tone, before continuing to write something in his notebook. After finishing up, he would take off his glasses, folding them, and putting them down the table in front of him. “Talk to me.”

/me sighed, “Maybe it's best for you to apologize to your friend.” He’d cross his legs and shrug, “This feud between the two of you is starting to affect your grades. I know it's hard, but I think it's for the best. I don’t want you to flunk.”

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only): Elio Sava-Sheridan
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Preferred Name: Mr. Sheridan

Age (Minimum is 25): 31
Religious Denomination: Atheism
Marital Status: Not married.

Academic Degree: Master’s
Year of Graduation: 2011
Major(s): Psychology
Minors: World history, Education Psychology.

Nationality: Greek
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.
Native Languages: Greek.
Other Languages: Japanese, English, Italian.

Backstory
Despite being a man of Italian, Lebanese, and English descent. Elio was born and raised, somewhere in western Greece. He grew up living a somewhat simple life. His father was a painting restorer, while his mother ran the local cafe. Ever since he was little, he was always a little spontaneous. He was adventurous and active, often exploring the area he grew up in. He wanted to be an explorer, someone who was constantly moving. He’d always get in trouble for breaking into things and bringing home wild animals. He wasn't intelligent academically- often failing classes and flunking his grades. But he was talented in other departments. He was artistic, musical, he was a fast learner, and he had a strange talent for understanding and talking to people.

Seeing this, his school decided to hold an IQ, EQ, talent mapping, and a couple of personality tests for some of the students, including Elio. When the results came back, it was nothing like what he expected. The test results themselves were quite surprising, but we’re not going to get detailed with that. The way he received a whole book on his test- explaining the different terminology, the goal, the meaning, what works for Elio and what doesn’t, etc. He would spend days just sitting and re-reading his test results, trying to understand it. Trying to understand himself. This sparked a strange interest in psychology, which calmed his rather active behavior. How the human mind worked was so interesting to him, and he wanted to know more.

Who knew six years later he’d be studying psychology at a college in England. In all honesty, he just wanted to understand himself better, something he felt like he could never do. After graduating college and earning his master’s degree, he decided to lay off for a bit, he wanted to travel the world so he started going on charity expeditions, volunteering/joining charity organizations. He wanted to fulfill his childhood dream of being an explorer while helping others along the way.

He would eventually end up in Japan. He fell in love with the country and decided to settle down. He lived in Sendai for a few years as he had a relative living there and she’d let him stay with her until he got used to the lifestyle and language of Japan. He took up small jobs, tutoring English for kids in his area. A year later he decided that it was time for him to leave, he’s had his eye on Karakura for a while now. It seemed like a cozy small town, perfect for him to live in. The fact that there were also a lot of foreigners living there is just a bonus.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I think this would be a great opportunity for me as I’ve always wanted a counseling job. I’ve worked with kids before and I absolutely adore it. I minored in education psychology but have never actually worked in a real school environment, I think this would be perfect for my first job in Karakura. As I stated before, I love kids/teens and working with them so not only would I be working but also doing something I’m very passionate about. I also think that the high school students specifically are at the age where they’re having a lot of bottled-up issues but don’t know who to talk to. Hopefully, I could be the person they could open up to.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
In a way, I have. I volunteered as a school psychologist for a school in Africa for a few months. It was a temporary job as I was just a substitute for their Psychologist who was traveling at that time.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I think I’m the perfect person for the job because I’m hard-working, passionate and I understand my job. I’m very good at handling kids and teenagers and I understand them quite well. I take my job very seriously and I always try to do my best to get things done, no matter the challenge. Not only that, I’m doing this because I genuinely love helping people. I also think I’m pretty friendly, meaning I’d be a fun person to work with.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
n/a

Do you have any questions?
I do have questions but I’d rather ask them privately if I do get accepted​

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however, your School Employee application won't be accepted today.

After carefully reading through your application, I have found a few errors that could be improved upon should you decide to re-apply:
-
Unfortunately, there's no longer a position open for Counselor as another applicant has been chosen for this role. The only improved I could suggest would be to further detail your /me's, aside from that your application is good.

The School Employee faction has now reached its capacity (25)
If you wish to work within the school, I recommend applying for Teacher or Professor! Or wait until another spot opens up.

DM me on Discord if you have any questions regarding your application: @KimiNoUso#9999

Users who are viewing this thread