players online

Solution to the Exams

SG Roze

Level 2
What's your Minecraft Username?: SGRoze
What's the title of your suggestion?: Solution to the Exams

What's your suggestion?:
Making it easier for people to take the exam
  • By controlling the amount of people on the server at a time (capping it)
  • By making multiple times for people to take the exams at

Overall the examination system is quite broken, not everyone is able to make it and it is always crashing, so I propose a solution, not only to the lag and crashes but also people not being able to join at the times that are scheduled. It's simple, make the tests more common and make it over the entire weekend instead of either Saturday or Sunday, why not both. Secondly capping the server, the last time there was an exam it was at the end of November of last year, then being promised an exam in December that never happened. If we cap the player count to 100-200 and have multiple times of taking the test throughout the day, this would not only give more people a chance to get into college or higher in college but also stop the constant lag and crashing during the exam. I think this would help the server and be able to get more people to college or at least the chance to further their character lore instead of waiting multiple months if not years on end. Having a strict schedule of when exams are and continuing them throughout the entire year will make it more possible to do this, every 3 month (as said in srp rules and info) we have an exam, this will also help establish somewhat of a schedule, yes there of course can be some leniency with this, but an estimated time to establish would be the goal of this and to give more people a chance to take the exam as well.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
All this ^

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
-2 (me and my self-dignity)
Makes it easier for students, and harder for SLT. It just brings another whole ordeal and more complications. I highly doubt SLT would want to host multiple exams where there's a cap of 100-200, not to mention it'll make the exam so much longer than it already is... SLT have lives too you know.

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I was waiting for somebody to inevitably make another exams suggestion when it was announced that they were being postponed, lol

lobsterrdog

Level 32
lobsterrdog
lobsterrdog
Omega+
Not only is this an insane amount of work for staff that will only frustrate people more, but people are just going to keep retaking the exams over and over again, enviably having some people left out due to the amount of people coming back in to retake it.

mactatti

Level 14
Not only is this an insane amount of work for staff that will only frustrate people more, but people are just going to keep retaking the exams over and over again, enviably having some people left out due to the amount of people coming back in to retake it.
I do agreefor the same reason if we do make it common it will be reparative and players will get frustrated when they don’t pass and for the staff to do this they are In University and have a large amount of work to do and so doing it on the weekends won’t be achieved, on a daily basis but if it happend evrey other month it could happen.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- We already attempted to lower the player count, however there are multiple factors that would've caused the server to crash, and generally speaking the amount of players online is only the beginning; it's what they're doing on the server that causes it.​
- Whilst multiple exams would have been a very last resort, we avoid this due to the amount of time it takes to host each exam (both in players waiting, and in faculty monitoring In-Character), and then merge their results.​

Users who are viewing this thread