players online

someone start a debate

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
Movies or TV Shows?
I prefer TV Shows because I feel like they are longer than movies and you don't have to watch them all in one setting and you can pause where you left off. Sure you can do the same for movies, but don't you hate it when the movie leaves off on a cliffhanger or you feel like there is more? That's why TV shows are a thing because you can keep going until it's over but there are still cliffhangers sometimes- or it usually ends pretty well.

Kurooo__

Level 62
Kurooo__
Kurooo__
Omega
Movies or TV Shows?
I prefer TV Shows because I feel like they are longer than movies and you don't have to watch them all in one setting and you can pause where you left off. Sure you can do the same for movies, but don't you hate it when the movie leaves off on a cliffhanger or you feel like there is more? That's why TV shows are a thing because you can keep going until it's over but there are still cliffhangers sometimes- or it usually ends pretty well.
yea however a movie you dont have to put much effort into watching it. It shows everything in a shorter amount of time instead of having to wait until episode 20 to see who killed sally

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
yea however a movie you dont have to put much effort into watching it. It shows everything in a shorter amount of time instead of having to wait until episode 20 to see who killed sally
Actually if its a shorter amount of time then its rushed in a way- with TV shows you have plenty of time to provide the best entertainment and detail in the show. Which brings the Tradional Story Arc into play because with TV Shows you have a longer duration of: Exposition, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action, and Resolution.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Movies or TV Shows?
Movies in my opinion are far superior. I am a lover of all the scream movies, they're all interesting and I enjoy the comedy of it all. However if it was a series, for me it would be too dragged out. Let me explain. Certain stories can only fit into one movie, such as scream the original which would have far too low of detail to fit into a fully fledged out series with multiple after series. But also we need to take into account credits. I absolutely despise credits. Yes they show who worked on the show but I just wanna move onto the next episode pronto. With a series there's always that snippet of credits that ruin the emersion of what you're watching. With films, everything can be evenly placed, you can also have amazing sequels that the audience love and can add to the story. With series, I feel like you've seen it all. Series usually don't have a set story they follow, every episode is different and isn't really following the same storyline as the last, take Sam & Cat for example. Films can be watched for long periods of time where you're bored, or maybe even in short bursts over time. Series while yes it is easier to sit down and binge the whole series, seeing the characters faces often get tiring and if it is actually following a storyline, it'll span over multiple seasons and just tire you out. With films, it's usually one storyline that moves into a new one based on the last so the viewers don't get bored.

In conclusion, movies are superior to TV shows because TV shows are long and boring while movies are quick and snappy.

DylanDeNewb

Level 34
Community Team
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
Movies or TV Shows?
Movies.

I dont know about others, but if I sit down to watch a series and I get into it, I'll more than likely just sit and keep watching for hours. Don't get me wrong, they're good, but I really don't like the feeling afterwards of having wasted so much time.

Users who are viewing this thread