Soul_Demon_11 | Reporter Application #1

Soul_Demon11

Level 6

OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:
Soul_Demon_11
ALT - Soul_Demon_12

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
I have both discord and a working microphone.
Discord: soul_demon_11

List your timezone and country:
PST/GMT-8 | United States

Describe your activity:

I have my fair share of inactivity, though also my very active moments. If I am not exactly on the server it’s for many reasons such as my two ooc jobs, college, working on SRP things that may not need me to be on the server. Though when I am truly active on the server, I mainly look for detailedrp situations.
If I had to rank my activity out of 10, with me being directly on the server it would be around 5.7/10. This is because like I stated earlier, I don’t exactly spend most of my day on SRP due to ooc situations. Which also leads into my next topic. If I had to rank out of 10 how active I am in the context of SRP in general without being directly logged into the server, a 8.5-9/10. This is because by the moment I get home and get the essentials I begin to work on events for families, the gang I run, etc. Working outside the direct server gives me more focus without chat spam.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
[ACCEPTED] | Counselor https://schoolrp.net/threads/soul_demon_12-counselor-application.63178/

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:

I have a huge passion outside of SRP with writing, wanting to make my own characters to eventually stories later on in my life. I have always wanted to apply for a reporter but due to my focus mainly being on gangrp I saw no point in attempting due not knowing the rules.
I love working with other writers, or making interesting reports on events that occur on a day to day basis. I don’t want to just join to be inactive, I want to help produce more stories around Karakura for people to read about. News reports isn’t everything people want to read about. Being able to make them interesting is my goal and seeing people happy with my work is something that motivates me to keep on going with writing. Continue the one skill I believe I am good at further.
Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:

If we are talking about experience on SRP, not a lot. I do simple writing commissions for the Misfits tailoring server but that’s about it. I write my own character’s biography’s and more.
Though if we are talking about experience in general then yes I do. I am not only head of the debate club but I also take part in many writing club events. I am in honors English classes due to my skills of writing and more. As much as grammar isn’t everything to some, I prefer to ensure that I have good grammar to not confuse others.
Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Upon reading over the rules, I ensure that I am aware and will follow the rules given to me. If I break a rule, the consequences are something I have to deal with on my own due to my actions. I vow that I will do everything in my power to ensure no rules are broken.

Why should we accept you over others?:

I am sure there are amazing writers within the community of SRP, and I would love to give them any chance they have with the reporter faction. I have an intense passion for writing and I want to share that with the community that was built here. I have been around since 2019 and so SRP has built this connection to me.
I believe if I was accepted over others I would give the exciting stories that people want. I listen to a lot of things around the SRP community that aren’t ever heard of, allowing those topics to be brought out is a goal of mine. I believe I would be a valuable asset to the team with my skills and passion for this faction.
Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
One of my main morals is, ‘To stand with no bias.’ Being able to see every side of situations is better for the mind to process things correctly and clearly. I look around with so many people holding bias for specific people or subjects without seeing any other side and it truly makes me wonder what they see. I believe it makes things less stressful to not have bias sitting in the back of your head.
So I understand that I must stay completely neutral to all reports.
Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I trust myself to be able to complete the monthly quota on time. I promise to complete the monthly quota and more if I get accepted.
Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
This is only what I imagine what a reporter would be like, it may be entirely different to others but this is how I see it.
From server wide events, to small flash events; we make reports on them to inform those of what had taken place. Especially for those who wish to look back on them or those who were unable to make it. Speak about current events going on in the world, or the city of Karakura like a normal newspaper would.

IC (In-Character) Information:

Full Name:
“My name is Valentino Von-Moltke Chéreau, it’s a pleasure to have this conversation with you.”

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
“I prefer to be called Valentino or Mr. Chéreau if needed.”

Current Age (25+):
“I am currently 25 and turning 26 soon.”

Past job/work experience:
“I have worked at Daisuki Yohin for a long period and other shops around town.”

Degree/qualifications:
“I have a Bachelor's degree with literature as well as a Bachelor’s degree with Psychology. I was on my way to get a Master’s degree in Psychology before realizing I had more of a passion for literature.”

Nationality and born location:
“I was born in Moscow, Russia, I am mainly Russian though I have some aspects of French due to my biological father.”

Phone Number:
“I usually give people my card that has my number on it, but it’s (030) 911 - 8252.”

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:

“That’s a tough one… I would say I am very work motivated due, serious yet I have a very playful side of me that I express with my fiance and friends, as well as I have an incredible focus on my goals and morals. People will say I have a very gentleman-like personality yet also a more bland like vibe.”

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:

“I like writing about people specifically, such as their great works, as well as the amazing things we witness in our day to day life here in Karakura. I have read all of Karakura’s history from my time at Karakura high and it truly is an honor to have read from Hashirama Takagi. They would be an example as someone I would write about if I knew more about them. Though I would also be interested in writing more about the karakura police department and perhaps the EMS. Many things have happened with them and I don’t believe they get as much credit for their work.”

What are your expectations for the job?:

“I don’t expect high levels of stress like it is to be a police officer or a government official but still have that average amount of stress for working on a team, if that makes any sense. [!] A quiet, low and monotone laugh would be heard. [!] Though mostly team work, reading over other co-workers articles they are working on. Attending events around town and writing the highlights about them. I expect to improve with my own writing and learning new skills within the entire time I work as a reporter if I get the job.”

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
“I do not have any criminal record, if you like you can request that I be checked with the police. Though I prefer to stay away from dangerous situations.”

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
“I am fluent in Japanese and JSL, though my native language is Russian.

PROMPTS:

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

KARAKURA NEWS: Life with a Psychiatrist
By: Valentino Von-Moltke Chéreau

As we all know all too well… At Karakura hospital one of the fine types of employees is a psychiatrist! Not to be mistaken with school counselors. Psychiatrists are very important to the hospital due to their remarkable ability to ****yze a person. Though… Has anyone taken the time to see how they can even handle that job? Having to go through tough pasts of people all day without their own issues is incredible, wouldn’t you say?

If you don’t know what a psychiatrist is, well you are in luck! I am here to teach you about it.

Psychiatrists are medical doctors that mainly focus on psychological aspects of a normal person. Even though they are a medical professional, they may not be able to perform gruesome surgeries due to injuries. That’s now what one is, oh no no… There may be many reasons you go to visit a psychiatrist. Let me list them out for you.

It can be as simple as panic attacks, long term sadness, hopelessness, as well as anxiousness. Some even go to psychiatrists when they are hearing the mysterious “voices” in their head. To sum it up, people go to psychiatrists when they are not/feel like they have no control of their day to day life.

Some people believe this is an easy task, right? Some may say that it’s a very stressful job especially for patients they watch grow up have to deal with all the issues of the modern day.

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

[!] The sound of the tape starting… [!]

[Valentino] “Let's see… I think it’s playing now… Anyways. It’s a pleasure to speak to you again Mrs. Akamine! Today marks xx/xx/23 at 15:36. Today I'll be asking you some simple questions, all I ask is that you answer honestly and to the best of your ability. Is that okay with you?”

[Mrs. Akamine] “It’s a pleasure to be here with you! And yes, it is perfectly fine. I’ll try to reply the best I can… But you’ll have to give me a couple of seconds to process before hand”

[!] A quiet feminine laugh was heard [!]

[Valentino] “No worries. First question… When you first applied to be a psychiatrist, what did you expect? For example, did you believe it would be exactly how it is? Or is it completely different? Stressful? Pleasant?”

[Mrs. Akamine] “Let's see… I was a kid when I first wanted to be a psychiatrist because of my father. He would always share stories of his clients to me, almost like a bedtime story! They always seemed a lot happier than what reality was, but I understand why he didn’t say more than the happy parts. Growing up I soon understood what was excluded in those stories and I knew people had a lot of struggles.”
“I wanted to be there to help those in need as well as learn more about the human mind in general. I thought it was going to be a lot more serious than it truly is. I thought it would be like… I’m working alone? So yes, it’s still stressful. Though it has its good moments I would say.”

[Valentino] “How interesting! I would have loved to have those types of stories read to me as a kid. When things are stressful, especially during shifts, how do you go about coping with that? You give all this advice to others, yet do you take your word for yourself?”

[Mrs. Akamine] “I… I do have to admit I struggle with taking my own advice though things work differently for everyone. Some can only take advice with others due to the fact they can see a different perspective. Not everyone is perfect and not everyone can see every side to things. That is perfectly okay! I personally just take a step back from what is going on once I get a break, get a deep breath of clean air. Maybe listen to some music or get some coffee.”

[Valentino] “I think I understand slightly, man… I wish I could get a break sometimes- Haha! Onto the next question though! I see many psychiatrists at the front of the EMS building so you can see all the different injuries come through the doors. How do you feel seeing all of that?”

[Mrs. Akamine] “Oh gosh… It’s certainly a sight you can’t get out of your mind… I still remember the first night on the job someone came into the hospital with a full leg gone! I felt my heart shatter for them… They were 17 I think I heard from a co-worker and it broke my heart.. No one should go through something like that. I see that so often now and it makes me scared for my own children!”

[Valentino] “Karakura is surely a very dangerous city, though we have our trusted KPD always roaming around to ensure no one has to suffer through that. That must be horrible though… No one should have to go through that or even see that happen to begin with. To my fourth question… For a psychiatrist in general, what type of school did you have to go through to even become one?”

[Mrs. Akamine] “Like any other medical professional, we had to go through medical school. It was very different from my community college to jump all the way to Nihon University which is the medical school I went to. Not only did I have to graduate from that, but I had to go through an additional four years of resident training in psychiatry.”

[Valentino] “Oh wow?! Nihon University? That’s very high in terms of medical schools in Japan! You must have gotten some very impressive grades to have gotten there! Haha! Another question is… How do you go about a healthy work-life balance throughout time? Things must take a toll on your mental health as it is, how do you do that?”

[Mrs. Akamine] “Yes, yes… And well… It’s difficult. I get home very late and truly don’t have enough energy to do anything for myself. So constantly it’s a cycle from work and home with only a few amount of food breaks. I love my job, but yes I can admit there are times where I struggle keeping up my own mental health. But that’s everyone. I just remind myself of what a wonderful family I have and that I work hard for them.”

[Valentino] “I see… I am glad you have such a loving family that motivates you. I’m going to start hoping around questions to go into more depth about them if you don’t mind. When you went into school to become a psychiatrist, you learned the up to date terminology from them. How do you keep everything up to date in the modern day?”

[Mrs. Akamine] “We are usually informed when there are big changes to the latest developments by the director. Personally for me, I try to attend regular training held with the other psychiatrists in the building to keep things regularly in mind. Sometimes I wake up and I completely forget what I know, but with a simple reminder every so often, I get back into the swing of things!”

[!] A quiet laugh would be heard. [!]

[Valentino] “How interesting! Truly, there aren't many developments made that often but every once in a while they just magically appear!”

[!] A laugh would be heard from the male [!]

“Now.. For my.. Seventh question, I'd like to ask what are the first things you ask a client when speaking to them for the first time?”

[Mrs. Akamine] “You see… That truly depends on the situation. Some clients come in already prepared and know how a regular meeting goes about. It takes time before finding the right psychiatrist for a patient. Though if they ask for me to speak first then I usually go about asking about specific concerns they may have, or parents if they are underaged. I may also ask about medical or mental health history. There are many questions that I may ask a client. Maybe not at the start, but throughout the session or sessions I try my best to get all those questions out so I can further understand the client.”

[Valentino] “That’s a lot of questions… I think I remember being asked some of those when I went in a couple of times! We are nearing the end of our session but I still have a couple more questions I’d like to ask. I really do appreciate everything you have spoken about so far though Mrs. Akamine. For my next question, do you have any stories about successful patients you’ve helped in the past?”

[Mrs. Akamine] “Yes I do! I’m not going to go into specific detail due to that being classified but I can give this much. There was this little girl with blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes who came in. Her parents weren’t the best and she was suffering from some pretty bad anxiety and depression. It was such a heartbreaking experience but slowly I watched her grow up and slowly I saw her shine come back. It was maybe four years entirely before she could go off on her own without needing to see me and she was so happy about it. I am still in contact with her guardian and she loves visiting the office to say hello.”

[Valentino] “That’s such a lovely story. I’m so glad that little girl was able to get the help she needed. No one deserves to go through that, especially at such a young age. Do you think you can go into depth about what you did to help the small girl?”

[Mrs. Akamine] “Of course. We mainly worked on coping mechanisms like breathing as well as trying to get her emotions out to her parents a bit more. We found better coping mechanisms for when she has panic attacks instead of more self inflicting ways like listening to music, reading a book, playing with stuffed animals. As well as the simple 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 mechanism. Five things you can see, Four things you can touch, Three things you can hear, Two things you can smell, One thing you can taste. It is very effective and was for her. She still uses it to this day according to her guardian.”

[Valentino] “How wonderful! I might need to use that sense mechanism, haha! This is our last question. I know you spoke about your father being one of your inspirations before, but can you go into more depth on what were your inspirations to become a psychiatrist?”

[Mrs. Akamine] “As a kid I was very emotionally intelligent according to my father and other adults who worked with me. I also had a lot of empathy so being able to understand how someone was feeling came very easy to me. Not only that, I just found the human mind and peoples behaviors fascinating! Everyone acts differently for different reasons, and being able to learn more in depth about that was astonishing to me as a kid. Even going into my teen years, I always found psychology the main thing I wanted to learn more about.”

[Valentino] “That’s really sweet! I am glad you had those opportunities, and I am very glad to have this opportunity with you Mrs. Akamine! Our time is slowly wrapping up, meaning our interview is coming to an end. I appreciate this a lot and I look forward to hopefully future visits!”

[Mrs. Akamine] “Of course! I hope you have a lovely day.”

[Valentino] “You too! Ending interview #27 here.”

[!] The tape stops. [!]

Interview#27.mp3

Note: I would need to have my first character slot moved to my secondary for this if it does get accepted.​

Aania

Level 168
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:

Please get in touch with me via Discord @Aania to start the process and get you set up!

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread