Not Lana

Level 0
[OOC section]
In Game Name:

SourKeyss, but this is my alt im applying on. My main is Not_Lana

School Employee Role you are Applying For:

Office Secretary

How often do you log onto the server?:

Usually 3-4 days a week, But can do all seven days.

Do you have discord?

Yes, Its linked to the SRP Discord, its Lana@8076.

Do you have a microphone?

I do, although its a little sketchy, and I'm among family so sometimes I cannot use it.

Have you ever been banned, If yes when and why?:

I have not.

Can you ensure that you will often come on:

Yes, I can. I'm out of school, and mainly I sit around my house all day unless I get called into my job.

Do you recognise that you can be ICly fired?:

Yes, I do.

In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee:
The role of my character, would be as an Office Secretary. She would be one of the first people students or parents would see entering the school, and would greet everyone as they enter. In case any parent, student, or faculty member needed information, she'd be in charge of providing it to them, and keeping everyone informed of what was going on around the school, if they asked. She would answer, and make calls to parents, faculty members, students, or any other services or people who would have reason to call the school. She would also have to schedule any appointments needed in the school, and inform the faculty of when such appointments would be happening. She would also have to call to cancel or reschedule appointments, if an issue or delay happened that would interfere with the appointment. She would have to give administrative advice or support to any school officials who would be requiring it at the time. She'd be helping to maintain files, and records on students, making sure their information would stay secured, and available if it needed to be brought up for any reasons.

Do you have any past experience in this type of roleplay?:

Yes. Although not in this server, or Minecraft in general, I do have experience in a community-based roleplay. Adult characters, especially faculty members, must be mature and respectful towards other characters, younger or older. As for being on this server, I believe I have been around since late January, or the beginning of February.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

Although I have not played as a faculty member before, I've played as various characters. I know how to keep my feelings and the characters feelings seperate, keep a character true to themselves, and how to stay out of out-of-character conflict.

Are you familiar with what your job does? If so, describe it:

Office secretaries act as the 'face' of the school, as they are the first person you generally see when you enter. As the first person seen, they'd greet everyone entering the school, and be available to provide any information they may request, as a parent, student, or even a fellow faculty member. If a parent or student couldn't get in to the school to get a question answered, they'd be the one answering the phones to check on their question, and situation if something was going on, on their side. If another faculty member needed administrative help, support, or advice, they'd be the ones to offer it to them. They also keep files, either physical or online of the students, and usually help to keep them maintained and safe.

[Situations]

During a workshift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?:

I would keep calm as to not lash out at the student, and try to get an answer on what I did that offended them. I would keep my distance as to not make them feel threatened at my presence, so the situation wouldn't turn more violent. If the situation did turn violent, I'd try and keep the student safely restrained, or call in for help immediately.

You are doing a hazadrous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?:

I would ask for as much detail possible on the job, to lower the threat of danger on the job. I would either deny the job if there wasn't enough information, or request help from my other coworkers to help get the job done safely. If i felt I could handle the job on my own I would accept it, but always call in to update on what was occuring.

Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?:

I would try asking them why they were doing what they were doing if they were acting out of order, maybe to see if they've just had a stressful situation happen, and try to make them feel more comfortable, by giving them space or helping them. If they were doing something dangerous, i'd observe to make sure they wouldn't be hurt, or call it in depending if they were the perpetrator or victim in the situation.

[IC section]
Applicant Name:

August D. Monte*****

Chosen Job:
Office Secretary

Motivation for Joining YHS:

I lived in a very poor part of the Caribbean, with my mother and father. When we finally escaped to the Americas, I made it my goal to pay back all they spent to guarantee my safety. My father didn't make it long after we arrived, and he was my inspiration to move forwards in life, instead of backwards. I worked hard through my high school years, and graduated highly in my classes. I then pursued my education further in community college, just to expand my basic education. Sadly after I graduated from community college, my mother passed. I moved to Japan shortly after her passing to pursue a job, which is how I found this oppurtunity.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants

I believe I should be accepted as I know hardship, and I know struggle. I know how it feels to feel so helpless and lost, and turn that pain to motivation to push yourself to work, and get back what you lost. I am understanding of situations, and know that things may happen sometimes, but that should never change who you are as a person. I am willing to push myself in order to prove myself, and work hard for everyone who is relying on me. I have lots of enthusiasm in pursuing a job of this degree, and am confident I can do well.

Last edited:

Ehko

Level 31
ACCEPTED

- Thank you for taking the time to apply for the role of a school employee

- Please join the academics discord here: https://discord.gg/kBTyugq

- Please request your role in the SchoolRP OFFICIAL Discord server

If you have any questions regarding your application, please DM Ehko#0028 via Discord

Users who are viewing this thread