kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
What's your Minecraft Username?: circusjax
What's the title of your suggestion?: Spamming Snowballs

What's your suggestion?:
With it now being December it means snow has arrived in Karakura. Everyone's probably happy that snow is here along with the cold. However, one thing I find annoying is people spam-throwing snowballs. When you get hit by a snowball, a message appears in chat: "You've been hit with a snowball by.. so and so." I get it, everyone's excited that snow has arrived. However, I believe there should be a cooldown to throwing snowballs. To at least bring down the spam-throwing and the spam messages in the chat.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
With a cooldown being added, it will prevent others from spam-throwing snowballs. It can also potentially reduce lag as well.

DarkEclipic

Level 160
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
Neutral

Instead of adding a timer, you can get chat mods like AdvancedChat to filter out certain messages into different text boxes and hide said text boxes(you can do the same for the voting messages if they are too much in your chat)

ErikFinster

Level 116
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Being hit by a snow ball is annoying and startling. I think that is translated well into the game right now.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
It’s only been one day. They’ll calm down and stop spamming as much just like water guns

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
I personally enjoy throwing insane quantities of snowballs at other people, I suggest if they do it to you, just do it back :D

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
I personally enjoy throwing insane quantities of snowballs at other people, I suggest if they do it to you, just do it back :D
Yes, when you do it hard enough you make the person trip. It's funny. I love it on this server.

Classicalist

Level 87
You'll get used to it, As people have said above its all the hype around the snow coming back. Just try to enjoy it by throwing back rather than trying to get it removed!

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
You'll get used to it, As people have said above its all the hype around the snow coming back. Just try to enjoy it by throwing back rather than trying to get it removed!
Wasn't suggesting for it to be removed. Instead, I was suggesting a cooldown.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We recognise that unfortunately some people take it too far, however we still want everyone to be able to enjoy this fun Winter/Christmas plugin! So, we've created a command to disable the "You have been hit with a snowball" message; /snowball. Note this doesn't save between sessions just in case you forget to turn it back on after getting spammed
- I've also fully removed the "You must have an empty hand" message as its fairly self-explanatory to most players by this point that you can pick up the snow (newer players learn by example!). This means you can now shovel in peace.​
Have fun!​

Users who are viewing this thread