Not open for further replies.

NickiBoo_

Level 0
IGN (In Game Name): _ItzNicole02_
Previous bans: None :)

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes, I have read them all for teachers.

Describe your activity on the server:
I try to play every week, but with IRL sports, it is hard. I play on the weekends though.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?
No, because my parents would not allow me to have it on my computer.

Do you have a microphone?
Yes.

List your current and past applications:
I do not have any.

What is your motivation for applying?:
I really want to know what it is like teaching, and I would like to help kids progress in their education. Also, since I want to be a Spanish teacher, I thought it would be something a little new at the school, another language; a useful one too.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Yes, I have.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
On other servers, I have been a teacher for Math, English, and Spanish. I think that I have a very controlling character, and that this job should be easy. I have also been a normal citizen of cities on other servers, and have contributed a lot.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee, Newly Qualified Teacher, Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills, and lastly, Head of Department.

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes, I understand it and I have read the megathread.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
There is a lack of classes throughout the day, and I hope that more teachers will hold more lessons to make it feel like an actual school day.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
For outside of the game, a teachers purpose is to build up learning skill to the students, so that they are ready for the next school year. Teachers outside of game try to make learning fun and easy. Their salary is about $20/hour. In-game teachers are supposed to do the same thing, with adding more discipline and shorter class times. In-game teacher salaries are about 250000¥/month. I would try to achieve all of these things in the game, such as making learning fun and easy, and providing as much discipline as I need to.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Because without teachers, students would not get uneducated, but they would also get out of hand. There would be littler everywhere, bullies, and crazier things on campus and outside of campus.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee:
If you are a new teacher, you are a Trainee. Trainees will only be trainees for a few days. As a trainee, you cannot teach without the Principal's permission, as you would stop by a lesson (ask the teacher first), and learn from them.
Newly Qualified Teacher: Next up is Newly Qualified Teacher. NQT's are more advanced than the Trainee, and they get to start up their own classes, but still have to check in with the HD. But, with the trainee, they have to learn from teacher. NQT's are NOT allowed to take in Trainees in the lesson.
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills: Now, we have become Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills, or a QTLS. QTLS's are in the "norm of teachers" and are allowed to start classes whenever they want, but still have to discuss and organize it with the other teachers.
Head of Department: Last but not least, is the Head of Department, or HD! HD's must plan lessons that will be taught in your department, including lesson plans. To get above this rank, you will have to apply for Senior Leadership Team.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The school works on the MoSCo system (Must have, Should Have, Could Have). Here is how it works:

1. Must:
The main objective and topic for the lesson and what you mainly want your students to learn. What you directly want them to focus on and ensure that they complete this objective
2. Should: A important thing that needs to be done, and should be done, but the Must objective needs to be included
3. Could: This is not expected to be completed, but would work as a good extentsion taks

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Miyu Ohayashi a 26 year old with black hair, is short, has brown eyes, fair skin, and a round face.
Miyu usually wears a casual blouse with black leggings.

She is a very talented person. She likes to ride horses, she paints, and loves to teach! Miyu has been teaching for over 3 years and would love to transfer over to Taketatsu Highschool.

She would always like to have a good conversation with students and other teacher. She always wants to be friends with a hardworking teacher that takes their time. She looks for oppertunity in students and expects highly of them.

She is very helpful, could always lend a hand, she is very kind to others, and is strict when she really needs to be.

Her plan in the future is to fully educate students and prepare them for the next school year.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Try to put a stop to it, if they don't stop, I give them detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
Try to quiet them down, if they don't, I warn them of consequences, if they still don't, I give detention.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
I would start planning the next lesson, grade homework, and join in on any important conversations.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.

/me starts to grade homework
/me makes sure the students are on task
/me prepares for next lesson
/me starts monitoring the classroom.
/me writes homework on the chalkboard

BACKSTORY

Growing up, Miyu Ohayashi's family owned a farm. They grew corn, carrots, potatoes, apples, wheat, and squash. Miyu had two personal horses named Cherry and Blossom. Yes, she liked to joke around like that. She had two older brothers and one younger sister. Miyu was the hardest worker of all her siblings and rode her horses on her free time. She was the first to finish harvesting all of her family's crops and loved to make meals out of them. But, her family’s farm was not making enough money to keep it, so the government took it from them. Cherry and Blossom were sold to separate farmers, and Miyu was devastated. Her parents then bought an apartment in a city called Tokyo. It was very crowded, because of 6 family members, including Miyu. The apartment only had four rooms, so all of the kids had to share one room...
As Miyu grew older, she took every opportunity to learn Spanish and get a good job so she can buy Cherry and Blossom back, and not have to live in a small apartment again... Since most countries spoke Spanish, she thought it would be useful to become fluent in it. Her high school career was very good. She got straight A's all throughout her four years, and graduated with a 5.0 GPA. But, for her siblings, they barley got 3.5 GPA's. Her college years were just as good as her high school. She majored in Spanish and minored in English. Miyu went to college for four years at Aichi University of Education.
Once she graduated, she spent 2 years at Tochigi High school and one year at Shiga High. She left those schools because she likes to transfer around, but she doesn't want to do that anymore, she is looking for the perfect high school to teach at and she wants to stay at that high school for the rest of her teaching career. Hopefully, she will find Cherry and Blossom and reunite them and Miyu will be able to own her very own farm again.

IN CHARACTER

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Miyu Ohayashi
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): None
Preferred Name: Miss Ohayashi

Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Half Japanese Half Korean
Current Location: East Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 5
Working Experience (# of years): 8

Academic Degree: Aichi University of Education

Year of Graduation: University: 2011 Highschool: 2007
Major(s): Spanish
Minors: English

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: French, Spanish, English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: None
Preferred Teaching Subject: Spanish

Additional notes about your application (if any): My IGN will be different than my char's name... I just tried to keep it with the theme of the role play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread