mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SPECIAL SUGGESTION FOR GANGRP- PLEASE READ

soda

Level 12
Hello, my name is Soda.

I am a fairly active player on SRP, and recently through In Character and Out Of Character thinking, I have drawn the guidelines for a potential brand new system for the face of GangRP. But first, I will have to go over some of the basics.
I don't mean to be stereotypical, but I just want to outline the main qualities that a GangRP'er has, such as:
-Unable to take insults without responding via violence
-Part of a group
-Will serve anyone who causes trouble to any member of their group extreme punishments (broken bones, scars, cutting off limbs, death, etc.)
-Usually have an objective or common goal (making money, becoming the best gang, etc etc)

Now with these in mind, I'd like to describe my main idea.
The idea I have in mind is a simulation. Further elaborating, a VR game via roleplay that allows players to do whatever they feel in the game. The game could be gangster based, sort of like the THEME of the Yakuza franchise- not the actual game itself, but the theme.
This would allow players who tend to focus on the GangRP aspect of the server to migrate to this VR game. A couple of huge potential benefits to this idea include:
-If a character cannot actually die, less arguments will occur OOCly
-If its a game, everyone will be on an equal playing field. There will be no advantages other than having skill in the game.
-Everyone can enjoy GangRP equally.

There are also a few disadvantages that should also be noted. These are:
-Possible decrease in the amount of work the KPD would have to do
-Threat of death is no longer a major factor in moving roleplay forward for some people's characters.

Of course, GangRP outside of this VR simulation should still be possible. The entire objective of the VR simulation is to make roleplay less restrictive and gangRP based in some situations(The server is named SchoolRP, right?). You could argue that some people log on to the server simply to participate in GangRP, so this could be a healthy solution for the better. Also, SRP players seem to enjoy competing, so I think this would be interesting to see.
Something else I would add is that SRP should become a little more city-based roleplay wise, with the addition of more jobs and institutions, which will allow more people to become different things. I think this will add to the realism of SchoolRP as a whole.
I would like an opinion from a staff, though. How do you think this would benefit OOCly? ICly? Perhaps I could add or get rid of a piece of the idea, in order to make it better. Anyways, thanks for reading my post, I wonder what you think of it.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
Asleepaholic
Asleepaholic
Fundraiser+
SRP should become a little more city-based roleplay wise, with the addition of more jobs and institutions, which will allow more people to become different things. I think this will add to the realism of SchoolRP as a whole.
A fat agree to this one.

I got lost in the vr idea but maybe because I don’t really fully understand it but I guess you want a simulation inside a simulation. Inside a simulation. Inside a simulation. In any case, yeah sure.

soda

Level 12
A fat agree to this one.

I got lost in the vr idea but maybe because I don’t really fully understand it but I guess you want a simulation inside a simulation. Inside a simulation. Inside a simulation. In any case, yeah sure.
That was sort of the gist of it. Maybe some kind of plugin, or a mini game, that was kind of the idea I was going after.

pashy

Level 183

Look at everyone forgetting about SRP point and just jumping with a VR like weirdos.

Or telling your gang to use the VR we gon kill some dudes '-'​

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
i don't see what this would change gangrp In Character, i think its a different suggestion but i don't see this idea working. OOCLY i think this can happen but not related with SRP itself

soda

Level 12
+1

Look at everyone forgetting about SRP point and just jumping with a VR like weirdos.

Or telling your gang to use the VR we gon kill some dudes '-'​
the point is so everyone can have fun meanwhile in a real gangrp situation, its usually one-sided and unfair for the victim. Thanks for the input anyways.

soda

Level 12
i don't see what this would change gangrp In Character, i think its a different suggestion but i don't see this idea working. OOCLY i think this can happen but not related with SRP itself
it has a lot to do with my character wanting the murder rates to decrease so maybe i shouldve elaborated a little bit. In short, if the laws were enforced more and the actual server became more realisticly school based, that would be the outcome. People who don't want to gangrp can roleplay without having to worry about it. Also less disputes and arguments would occur, but I've already brought those points up. Thank you for the input, though, I appreciate it.

Customable

Level 139
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
thats an extremely odd concept- the VR simulating a Role-play game in a role-play game. The idea itself is fun and unprecedented, it would be interesting to see where it went. The only problem i have with this is that, it just wouldn't decrease GangRP and homicide rates.

No matter how you employ techniques or strategies to decrease GangRP there are a lot of factors that feed into why it functions, the main ones being fear and power. People do not want to create fear over people in a simulation, they want that feeling of power in a situation that can genuinely effect things, a lot of gangRP also bases itself off the gain and stockpile of useful weapons, money and/or items. In a simulation non of those can factor in to be used effectively, especially money.

I'm neutral on this one.

+0-

Minobu

Level 218
Minobu
Minobu
Notable+
DENIED

- After the Staff-Team's discussion on the topic and my personal opinion as the Crime Faction-Lead on the matter, we have chosen to deny the following Feedback. We cannot change qualities that players approach their own RP with behavioral features that they exempt such as being overly violent; as that is their personal character design. As for the VR Idea, I do not see this being smoothly implemented without coming off odd. Gangs can come in many forms and don't only pertain to killing characters, while a majority do, not all. Say I want to make a school gang who goes around the school and roleplays out just being rude as a group of friends, there shouldn't be a limit or line to where we should draw things into a VR setting and actual in-character setting.

Thank you for your patience, though unfortunately, we have chosen to deny the following

Users who are viewing this thread