mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Specific Channel for Sports Tryouts (Academics Discord)

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
The majority of messages in the #announcements channel in the Karakura Academics Discord are for sports tryouts, which many players simply don't care about. Though, some of us care about the other announcements, and can't mute the channel as it would no longer ping us for those other announcements.

I suggest that another channel, #sports-tryouts (or something similar) be added, so that people who don't care about tryout information can mute it, and still get information about clubs and events from #announcements.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1
Little bit of a first world problem but that doesnt mean it wouldn't be nice, useful idea.

fentias

Level 14
I think this in itself is actually a rather good idea, though I think it should also be reconsidered as aside from said tryout announcements there isn't actually much else announced on a frequent basis. Of course, there is school-related events from time to time however these aren't as often as some may of hoped.

Therefore, creating a whole new channel just for announcements that honestly are a little infrequent and varied would risk having a quote-on-quote 'useless' channel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do also believe the staff would want to prevent having many, many channels - some of which could just be paired with something else - for example, tryout announcements and school event announcements. Realistically, they can just be grouped together as school related announcements and therefore breaking the two up creates unneeded channels.

Users who are viewing this thread