IGN (In-Game Name):

TragicCarousel
SporkKitty (Alternate account)
QueensGambiit (Alternate account)
Sporkmoment (Main account)

What is your discord username?
kismetsfate

Describe your activity on the server:
Since starting on the server a year or so ago, I've always kept up a steady activity depending on my schedule. Though with my current one, and likely remaining, I'm able to be as active as wanted. Usually staying on for at least 3-4 hours a day, if I were to rate my activity daily on a scale; it'd be a 8/10. Though, I've had my share of a break. At one point I didn't get on SRP consistently for about a month or two, even considering quitting until a friend of mine had invited me to the Heddo family. I can safely say that it's boosted my adoration for the server again, and even while the character I'm applying on isn't in it; I'm frequently seen and known by most on 'Himawari Heddo'. It's amazing what a breath of fresh air and new friends can bring to what originally felt overplayed, while I do not feel as bored as I once did.. I do wish to see what else I can do. If you do check for activity, I ask of you to look at the account 'Sporkmoment'.

What is your timezone?:
EST
List your current and past applications:

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
My experiences come far and vast, yet remain in a common category. They've all gone throughout changes over time, as the story of different characters progress. From being a simple, teacher's pet student looking to do their very best while caving into the pressure of their peers, to a medically obsessed, cheerleader, PhD-genius convincing herself that she'll be the top of her personal food-chain; a tea party. Or, a modest Priestess trying to do her part, covering some rather unsavory past experiences under the guise of being a caretaker towards the kami. I've played the role of a caring parent, an abrasive woman, an isolative-nuisance; But overtime, there has been a re-occuring theme. All of them have been wanting to become doctors. As a non-EMS working player of the server, I could only do the bare minimum (unless allowed otherwise by staff) of helping. Either it being able to identify a concussion, helping with migraines or temporarily patching wounds, to even having a niece save her uncle with sutures. (Albeit, he likely would've been fine and figured it out). This continues from my motivation below, the desire of genuine Medical roleplay. Helping people for either the best, or the worst reasons.

What is your motivation for applying?
Throughout my experiences in roleplay on the server, they've all been primarily school-focused. Yet, I find myself interacting with the city factions more and more as time goes on. The characters, and the people playing them; are all interesting, and lovely people. My motivation for an application has only been followed through once, and that was with the 'Priest' role. I adored my time in the shrine faction, and left almost a year or so later. It taught me a lot, not just about Shintoism and the server's lore, but also working with faction members. Under the right circumstances, it can feel like a closely knit group. One that has to rely on each other to carry out tasks properly. It's social, and you can't be afraid of asking for help. I find that amazing, and the EMS faction is a prime example of it. A doctor can do a task alone for the most part, but what if their patient needs surgery? They'll radio a surgeon to complete the task. Patient is feeling mental distress? They'll need a psychiatrist. It all comes down into a perfect circle.
-
Another point of motivation, story. To me, doctors in media are fascinating. The way they're portrayed all depends on the director or author's experiences, one of the most common human fears being the hospital, or a doctor. While I'm not playing into a horror element, my point continues. The story of a character that is meant to save, sounds so simple on paper. Until you think about their reasonings, their motivations, selfish nature or selflessness.

Which role are you applying for?
I'm applying towards the 'Doctor' role!

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
My knowledge of ICly and OOCly hospital work is a tad limited currently. Though, I've interacted and seen enough from most EMS to grasp the concepts simply. Each portion of the hospital all has their purpose, and when they'll need help from the other roles. Said roles that I'm familiar with are the Doctor, Surgeon, Psychiatrist, and the newly added Paramedic. Each department has their own leads, being overseen by the Director.

Doctor - The Doctor role is the most commonly seen one, but that doesn't make it any less special than the others. While yes, they do simple tasks such as handing out medication from over the counter, or diagnosing patients and doing checkups—They also do minor surgical work, sometimes complex if they're a surgeon. While I'm unsure if these roles have been combined, I know at one point they were separate. Anyone who walks into those hospital doors should expect a Doctor at the desk or standing in the lobby to see to their needs. At least, any need that isn't mental. They, probably need that help too. After surgery or such, they'll likely give the patient a prescription for medication to take, or maybe they have a condition that needs it. This little slip will show your eligibility of taking a certain kind of medication. From prosthetic limbs, sutures to MRI scans; a doctor is an important role. Not just a glorified Nurse from the school. Afterall, if they put an icepack on an open wound.. I think we'd all be concerned.

Psychiatrist- A psychiatrist doesn't do physical health, rather the more internal parts and strings that lifts fingers; mental health. No one in society can function without a proper mind, and Karakura is probably the most traumatized city in Japan. Mental struggles are often in and outside of the town, though everyone deals with their lowest of lows in other ways. This job provides therapy to the citizens, and can diagnose someone with enough time and details. These diagnoses can often lead towards you getting a prescription like a doctor would give you, a slip signed by a Psychiatrist to show you're eligible for a certain type of medication; though unable to prescribe pain killers or such. It isn't a cake walk either, a psychiatrist must keep each movement, every sound or sentence a patient speaks in their head at all times with narrowing results. To be good with the people is their job, understanding those who seldom make sense in the hope of helping.

Paramedic - The newest role of EMS, a paramedic. While I haven't learned much about them, a paramedic seems to be on the go constantly. In and out of the hospital, bringing in patients from next door or the haunted forest's caves. Risking their life and working closer to the KPD, it's a great addition to the lineup. Though, there is a downside, like with the roles above. These emergency service workers can only perform tasks to make sure a patient won't, kick the bucket. Unable to perform surgery, or prescribe medication. I also believe they can't do MRI scans or such, but they can do X-rays!

Hierarchy - These are the server roles, but what about the hierarchy? Afterall, everyone needs order, and the director can't do it alone. This leads to resident, Attending, Senior, Clinical Lead and Clinical Manager. They're here to land a helping hand, while still performing the usual tasks of their respective job.

Equipment - Often times while on-duty, the Paramedics and Doctors have a medkit at hand, able to temporarily patch things up. Meanwhile, all three roles come prepared with a syringe—usually filled with 'midazolam'. An injection from this can knock out an unruly patient, or dangerous criminal for 5 OOCly minutes. A must-have in Karakura.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
I acknowledge, and understand the chances of this happening.
Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I've been dedicated to it since writing this very application, I acknowledge this and find it exciting.
Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
I acknowledge, and understand the chances of this happening.
Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I acknowledge and agree with this entirely.

In-Character (IC) Section
1698237119325.png
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:
Vivienne Vie-Miyamoto | V. 'Vivian' Vie
Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Female, She/Her
Character’s Age (if accepted):
Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

PhD in Biology
Masters in Anesthesiology
Minor in General Medicine

Character’s Nationality:
French-Japanese
Character’s Marital Status:
Single
Character’s Religious Denomination:
While raised to be a Christian, she now lacks any form of religion or belief system.
Character’s Spoken Languages:
French, Japanese, English

Backstory (100+ Words)
Amélie was her name, she had beautiful eyes
Vivienne Vie-Miyamoto, rather.. Vivian Vie for simplism, was born into a home of poverty in Hauts-de-France from a rundown, probably illegally ran hospital in 1995 on the 14th of February. This region in the country of love, is commonly known as the second highest rate of poverty and crime despite sitting on the border of Belgium and the English Channel. She managed to have the luck of two parents, but if they were lucky was another thought. Mister Miyamoto and his wife, Miss Vie; were, struggling to say the least. So much, that upon marriage, she refused to take his last name. Some say it was a wish out of keeping her identity, others say it was out of pure spite. Since birth, Vivienne was destined to a broken family portrait, the glue of a marriage built on the idea that they're the best either one of them deserved. Almost nothing. It was pathetic, really. As years flew by of babbles and confused fuss of a baby, came the time of elementary school and socialization.

The doctor said I had tomato loss
Growing into the world around her, young Vivian was forced to understand her surroundings quickly. The lack of new clothing, gifts being stolen from stores or street vendors. Day in and out of wondering where her father was, alone at home playing with dolls made of paper or old barbies found on street corners. Genevieve, the original 'Miss Vie', had quite the problem. One that included shattered wine bottles, late night sobbing of holding onto her dear daughter's hand while praying for a better life. Vivienne often had to do the cleaning, managing the home in it's concerning state. Mister Miyamoto wasn't horrid, he was strict; and busy. The only job he managed to rustle up was a mystery to his own wife, it got them a tad bit of money. That's all that mattered.
-
'Yes, that's all that matters'. A sentence often spoken in the household, or 'We'll figure it out'. They always did, but never for long. Sometimes just being there isn't what matters. Going days without food, or the worry they won't be in their home, that all never went away with just being there or a 'tad' bit of money. Genevieve was always hesitant to put her daughter into schooling. What would other kids think, or say of her? Though with a heavy heart, she tended towards her daughter's hope of education. Her and her husband were too late to put them in a better spot, but maybe with enough work, Vivian could save them. So, she worked to give her baby the illusion of a normal life, trying to keep her sane through childhood.

We had spaghetti, with long term memory sauce
February 12th, soon was Vivienne's eleventh birthday. Tomorrow her mother promised to take her shopping, new clothing. All young ladies in France got excited for new clothes, but Vivian was ecstatic. Hand-me-downs or second-hand pieces would be a thing of the past, she hoped. Laying on her bed in the beige room, as a knock was sent through the door. "Darling," Genevieve spoke out, even just a word being stumbled on as her door's knob twisted open. That day was a good day. Her father was off from work, currently napping in the living room, 6:31 PM. A drive, her mother wanted to take her on, the family's old, breakdown-prone car. Who was Vivian to refuse? Strapping herself in the, passenger seat.
-
A ringing sound, buzzing like a fly that won't leave a corpse. One that makes the dozen of voices shouting at her turn into nothing but static. A cold sensation running down her frontal lobe. A heavy feeling dragging down her clothes, stuck onto the floor spiked with thousands of glass shards like the old picture frame. Sirens blaring with car horns dragging like a burnt out cigarette, eyelids pinned down to her tear-stained cheeks with the distant noise of her mother calling out;
❝Ma Fille!❞

Can't remember how she sɯᴉlǝp when she said my name
Pitch black, not even specks of light or sound; just the world shrouded in darkness as time felt like it had jumped. That is, until an unfamiliar sound poured into Vivienne's ears with sudden pinching and prodding at her. Sharp pains from doctor's silenced of shock, eyelids opening quickly in realization. Surgery. Needles, no, blades carving into the flesh while removing the bloodied shards and dislodged debris, horror fell across Dr. Beaumont's face as his own eyes met with the patient's. The very last thing a surgeon wants to see, is an open pair of eyes staring right back at their own. ". . NURSE!" He shrilled, as a woman ran over in panic of the failed sedation. Negligence.
-
Thankfully, they had managed to keep the young Vie knocked out for the remainder of the procedure. Vivian's eyes opened once more, scanning the surroundings of an overnight recovery room, a faint beeping sound of a heart monitor covering the room's silence in a blanket of comfort. A whiteboard nestled infront of the medically white door, text written but barely able to be made out other than, 'Paitent's name:' She was alive, that's all that mattered. Except, for one part;

What's my name?
Shaking, quivered hands raised to brush unkept hair out of her sight. The girl's memory was no more, lines blurred like a failed tape across film. Her thoughts were kept silent, nothing to think about, only that one question. Flipping through the pages like a storybook, writing smudged from water. Just barely there, stretched across the damp pages to only seep through onto the cold hands holding it. What's a human being, if they cannot remember their name? Fortunately, the thoughts were interrupted by steps of a professional. A confident stride for someone about to tell a child of their newly given curse. "Good morning, Miss Vie. I'm Doctor Beaumont, and you've just finished surgery. It went well, with the rather large setback."
-
Setback? What setbacks could possibly be given, surely she was just tired. "You've been in a car crash, your mother is currently being held by the police for questioning. It seems she was intoxicated," He paused, that was the least of his fears to admit. Though, sometimes as a doctor, you must bring the disappointment. "You are suspected to have long-term memory loss, amnesia. We're terribly sorry for this result, and your father is on his way." Vivian could only stare at him in utter confusion, information spat at her like chewing tobacco. Faces in her memory jumbled, mixed like paint from an old painter's cleaning cup.

Amnesia was her name, she had long-term memory loss.
The drive home was filled with silence, the other car's front dent remaining. Mister Miyamoto was unable to speak to his own child. No, no longer that. The person made with his blood, who cannot remember their memories or hardships together. A lack of connection, the arresting of his wife. Perhaps this was karma of his own deeds, the only words leaving his mouth being, "I hope you make different memories, Vivian." Was that, her name? He knew very well, what he did. So, how could Miyamoto ever make it up to this soul, one lost in the soul's conscience. Apparently, putting her throughout school was the only thing he could think of. New memories, a better illusion of life.
-
Once her mother was released, almost nothing changed. She couldn't look Vivian in the eye anymore, her own negligence. The self-swallowing pity of knowing the torment she'll be given each and everyday, humans and their selfish nature.

And every word she said, it was a little surprise.
Over the years, it was no-longer filled with isolated family moments. The insurance gave her parents enough to support themselves properly, medications and such. It didn't seem they were willing to try to repair her memory, only making sure the chance of current memories being lost was lowered. Highschool was, rough. The looming thought of her past being completely unknown to even her, haunted Vivian. The thought whispering in her ear each moment when someone asked her a simple question. 'What's your favorite color?' She doesn't know. She believes it to be blue, but was it always? A constant stir of questioning yourself, not knowing who you were. Just a blank slate, trying to become something new in the place of people 'finding themselves'. It was a task given to her much later than her peers.
-
Though, she kept a focus of the future ahead. With no past burdens, other than the slightly traumatizing awakening during surgery, it was easy to keep a plan of life aligned. She found interests along the way as any human would, along with a few friends here and there. The new 'Miss Vie' was set for life, wasn't she? Well, it appears so. Vivian managed to gather a PhD in Biology, with a Masters in Anesthesiology, along with the expected minor in General Medicine. However it felt too early to be a doctor, though it was foolish of her to take one of the first jobs she was offered.

The doctor said, I had beautiful eyes.
When finishing her degrees, it was almost a 'Well, what now?' moment for Vivian. So, she decided to move from France for a little while, seeing the opportunities (or.. Lack of,) in America. Just on her way out however, the sound of a shrill scream escaped from the alleyway towards her lift. Quiet sobbing through the brick walls as Dr. Vie rushed over, clutching a small kit she was sorting previously. A victim, a soon to be patient. The stranger was unable to explain the situation, clutching his stomach as a familiar crimson hue passed through his dress shirt. That day, she saved someone and felt damn good about it. So, instead of just moving.. Vivian canceled her flight to America, running into her local hospital's doors once again, asking for a job! Sadly, it wouldn't be her desired position.. They'd be flying her around to different hospitals across the country, helping as many as possible. Sounds easier on paper, than it really was.
-

After a few years of this position, it grew to be an inconvenience. Constantly on the go, never seeing your patients again? It was hard on Dr. Vie. So much, that when she was about to go into her final destination, she let her boss know it'd be the last one. And, not to fly her back? Well, looks like Vivian Vie is coming to Karakura. ".. What now!?" She likely would've asked, but this time? Well, the answer was clear! Get a residency at the town's hospital, A.S.A.P.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical specialty? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

As her primary specialty, Vivian decided to aim her personal focus towards Anesthesiology. After
her surgery when she was younger, it horrified her. Feeling every motion and pinch towards her innards, it was nothing short of traumatizing. The failure of proper dosage and calming on a doctor or nurse's end caused the body to become reactive too quickly. The work and studies of anesthesiology became a priority after her PhD.
-
It wasn't a subject taken lightly to Miss Vie, learning the simple explanations towards patients of the procedure to calm them—To the very breakdown of different anesthetics and their lasting times. Giving patients precise dosages of different anesthetics to keep them pain, and care-free. Of course, there happens to be a lot more that goes into it. Surely if asked, she'll spend hours upon hours speaking about it. A worry, became a hobby, then her job.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Technically, she has taken two forms of residency. Though, not the one she would've wanted; A three year apprenticeship and residency at.. a Morgue! Not, her favorite thing in the world, but it's a newfound skill that seems to have it's uses. Alongside smaller workings with her local hospital, primarily being a sort of travelling doctor. Which, has lead her to Karakura of all places. Now hopefully, working under the lovely.. Director Heddo.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
As stated above, somewhat she does. For a while Vivian dedicated herself to helping as many as possible, but a travelling doctor cannot really perform surgery. It was often just going into different cities for things actual doctor's didn't want flooding up hospitals. It was good experience for Miss Vie of patients, but not so much co-workers and the like. Afterall, if you're constantly on the go, why even bother interacting with those around you?

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Again, her three year apprenticeship accompanies the degrees Vivian owns, working at a French mortician's parlor for three years.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Vivian is a woman in her late 20s that stands at a confident 5'3, the unfortunate height didn't come into her self-esteem though. Well, not more than everything else already did. Despite her professions and interests, Vie tends to remain a bit.. Unkept. Her hair is always down, straightened terribly with the messiest ponytail in the back to keep some hair out of her face. Terrible posture, but an amazing mind! Despite the brace on her arm, from being injured by playing a concerning amount of Wii Tennis. Though, one beauty was her heterochromia of brown and silverish blue. Two different tones of eyes both with a lower lid, almost tired look to them with her eyebags having their OWN eyebags! Why bother covering them with concealer? Too much work. Girl is almost thirty, she has more priorities! . . Okay, she really doesn't.
1698277125904.png
How does your character act on and off duty?
On Duty - Often sitting down behind the desk rather than standing, would be a mildly more professional Dr. Vie. Often times she tends to act calm, with lower energy to save for any emergencies. This wouldn't mess with her speed however, easily able to rush up and tend to a patient if required. Interacting with co-workers to Vivian is a no-brainer, the few times you'll be able to keep the brain mostly intact. She tends to crack jokes, more like terrible puns.. and often sparks up conversation when able. During times of distress, the jokes will increase and become a bit more concerning as the situation continues. Towards patients, Dr. Vie will do her best to speak towards them with lower, more gentle tones when able. You know, when they're not stabbed by a spirit or mauled by a bear..! Sometimes Vivian found it fun to give them a little scare, until actually doing her job and caring for them.
-
Off Duty - As soon as she's off duty, the old tanktop that has a mysterious stain is thrown on with some old, plaid sweatpants which are absolutely from her Freshman year of highschool. If not staying in her home, locked inside to play Wii Tennis for absurd hours of the night—She's likely going out of her way to make plans with co-workers, ones that might never happen, but it's the thought that counts. Along with calling coffee 'An ole cup of joe', Vivian tends to be a more extroverted soul for the worst reasons. She doesn't have gossip, or 'tea', but she will tell you all about a franchise you've probably never heard before if you talk about mutual interests. At the end of the day though, she will always do her best to be a comforting person, even if it fails most of the time.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
When working alone, Vivian Vie can often find herself being able to focus her thoughts clearly. Instead of worrying slightly about those around her, she can remain focused during work. Though, if she had it her way? Working with multiple people is a lot more fun, while working alone is rewarding. A group with multiple minds, no matter how small they are, will always be more effective than just one.

What plans does your character have for the future?
While Vivian was a 'planner' in college, she only has concepts now. At this current time, she considers the idea of retiring late, getting married and raising children to be the ideal follow-up to her completing this aspiration. A quiet life of love, and life. Life itself is a portrait, why would she blur the brush's strokes in between? That's almost as terrible as her lack of history; the lack of a future. Completely, and utterly unpredictable.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Often times, Vivian is portrayed as a sort of slob. While she does her job well, others tend to consider her lazy nature the most unattractive feature of Miss Vie. Thankfully, this 'laziness' doesn't bleed into her work day. She often looks like a mess anyway, why bother contributing to the idea more, when her job is something she loves? Though, everyone who has been asked, can agree that Vivian is a sort of 'safe' friend. Often talked to as a sort of big sister, when they're all just confused adults. One just has the illusion of experience.

While, her own perception isn't too far off from that. It can be a bit more, self-deprecating. Just doing the bare minimum never feels like enough, but going overboard is too much. Riddled with anxiety and overthinking when left alone, Vivian can often feel overwhelmed by herself easily. Though, it's nothing a bit of meditation and Wii Tennis can't fix! ..Right? Absolutely! In reality, Vivienne is riddled with anxiety she isn't aware of. During work, the focus of patients drowns those worries out. She really seems to love her job, but maybe for the worst reasons? No, far from the worst.

Attachments

• 1698237226351.png
    1698237226351.png
    755 bytes · Views: 3
Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted!

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread