mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SRP Suggestion | Addon role; Forensic Team.

F1F4

Level 7
F1F4
F1F4
Notable+
1689796862795.png

IGN: F1F4
DATE: 7/19/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
An addition of a role; a forensic science department.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: We can start with the obvious element that this role would bring to the table; the investigative element. Generally, we acknowledge and know that apartment/house/location raids do occur for very fair reasons though the main objective is always seemingly the person, or seeking weapons. This for now is just an assumption of what I have seen in this community roleplay server. Indeed, raids on apartments and locations are common to address specific problems related to individuals or weapons. However, with the possible introduction of the forensic science department, a fresh dimension of investigativeRP could emerge. Instead of just focusing on the immediate suspects and weapons, the forensics team delves deeper into the evidence and the intricacies of each case. However, I am still under the assumption that they only focus on suspects and weapons since I am not a KPD and not fully knowledgeable of their procedures but you still may get the initial point. Expand the roleplay, and investigate. This in return gives EMS/KPD and other battling factions (BMD) to expand their roleplay aspects and their roleplay care. What do I mean? Let us say, a formal gang member decides to carry out risky permissions. In one way or another, if a plugin or an idea by staff would be implemented with this, it could leave incriminating evidence behind such as blood since it's KPS for instance. The gang member will have to hold the responsibility of cleaning out the blood or carrying the body away at least. What does this do for all of us? More roleplay! More actions! As the forensic science team gathers evidence, they collaborate with law enforcement (KPD) or other factions to share their findings. This collaboration would not only encourage roleplay in that field but also roleplay between players from different factions. Imagine how dangerous a combination of a detective (KPD) and a forensic (EMS) would be. This also means more story-telling. High-profile cases would involve elaborate plots, red herrings, etc. This would make GangRPers and CrimeRPers more thorough with their actions, doings, and anything they do that is putting their character at risk to fully prolong the roleplay.

In a crime examination, the forensics science team can be called to the scene to investigate a location, or a person scientifically whilst the detective does its job to pattern all the puzzle pieces together, etc. This obviously involves substances, footprints, fingerprints, etc. I acknowledge that this idea is very straightforward and specific and therefore the likeliness of this being implemented is probably near zero. However, I still wanted to express this idea to if any staff member would like to test. I also wanted to express this suggestion for opinions, as I do not post suggestions; I think this may be my first one but besides the point! Thank you for reading.

Hirathex

Level 257
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+

Speaking as the lead of Detectives currently, I'd rather not pass off forensics to other people since is something we teach in detective training. 6Pancake and I both wrote it. The plugin portion is OK but I'm not sure if it's that necessary, if people decide to leave a crime scene in their apartments/house/etc we will investigate it but that's not the case for everyone

EMS are also already partially involved in forensics, they often test blood/body parts KPD bring to them to get a match and see who the victim is

Last edited:

SIMPL3Z

Level 102
Community Team
Lore Team
NEUTRAL

I like the idea to say the least, but my only worry is the actual useage of it, i like the expansive idea and what not but I feel like in my eyes it would add a bit too much to the table.. Also kinda exactly what Hira said: KPD gets it in training already to some level and they do already work with it a bittt

F1F4

Level 7
F1F4
F1F4
Notable+

Speaking as the lead of Detectives currently, I'd rather not pass off forensics to other people since is something we teach in training. 6Pancake and I both wrote it. The plugin portion is OK but I'm not sure if it's that necessary, if people decide to leave a crime scene in their apartments/house/etc we will investigate it but that's not the case for everyone

EMS are also already partially involved in forensics, they often test blood/body parts KPD bring to them to get a match and see who the victim is
Ahh! That makes more sense. In that case, forensics wouldn't be necessary for the extra add-ons to what an EMS and KPD can do. I did state I was not knowledgeable of both factions and their capabilities so that cleared things up. However, the suggestion alone can be interpreted as an expensive addition to what both factions can do. I definitely do agree that it is not necessary at the time!

6Pancake

Level 233
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
-1 Read Hirathex's response

Forensics is mostly assigned to all EMS workers (in a sense of identifying a victim from a blood test and so on) whilst also shared to Detectives. There's no way to add a separate role for this function without decreasing the size of the Hospital or Police departments and even if it was implemented, there'd be little for them to do due to the lack of proper crime scenes and information shared after a crime is committed.

F1F4

Level 7
F1F4
F1F4
Notable+
-1 Read Hirathex's response

Forensics is mostly assigned to all EMS workers (in a sense of identifying a victim from a blood test and so on) whilst also shared to Detectives. There's no way to add a separate role for this function without decreasing the size of the Hospital or Police departments and even if it was implemented, there'd be little for them to do due to the lack of proper crime scenes and information shared after a crime is committed.
I definitely get your point. There's not much for an extreme measure of implementing a forensic to investigate crime scenes when there is no room for the scenes to be complex by other players; deeming it unnecessary.

xBonnie

Level 70
Community Team
Media Team
Event Team
yBonnu
yBonnu
Omega+
-1 Tasks easily completed by the current teams available, I see where you were going with this though!

sperst

Level 9
frettrick
frettrick
Omega+

this would be a great suggestion, but it wouldn't really work with how the server is now;
- most gangrpers dont leave 'evidence' behind and this team would go unused a lot
- on the rare occasion roleplay situations like this do happen, it's left for EMS to process the evidence gathered as stated before.

i'd partly understand if this were a suggestion for a new rank for detectives to be promoted to, a new expertise that they can discover in roleplay, but the amount of usage that you'd get out of a whole team would be pretty small

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- As we already have a Detective division in the KPD, the responsibilities for this role are assumed by them. We don't currently feel that a separate role for this would be necessary and may hinder KPD if they're not active, however, maybe in future if there is a demand for this​

Users who are viewing this thread