st4rl0v3r
Omega+

IGN:
st4rl0v3r - College

tpture - Adult + Grade-12
th3gr1mmr3ap3r - Adult

List your discord name and tag (name#0000):
elliot3670

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes! For both.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
EST, USA.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
Denied - HYPNOT1Z3's Event Team application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server - Denied

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Of course.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Easy way or saying it, mainly school, motivation, mental health and time.

Going into it more ;

School; I already have many classes and it stresses me out; due to it being the start of the schoolyear theres already been a lot of work being put onto my shoulders work wise, especially with going into certain classes. And especially going onto with clubs and counsel starting up shortly, (within a few weeks of 9/10). First year at a completely new school, everything is bound to be stressful; yet I am doing good so far as I have started school about two weeks ago, especially with my activity.

Especially with the classes I have this quarter, it will affect my activity; especially in writing out things. Due to me having a writing class, and putting that first; due to it being apart of my education.

Motivation; My motivation HEAVILY fluctuates on if I am in the right mental headspace, and going along with what I have going around in general. If I have a lot of school work; my progress on certain things will decrease a lot, especially with how quickly I get to writing something, and maybe even going into if I need an idea for it or not. Especially with certain subjects; my motivation will almost immdeiently drop. It all matters on how interested I am in it; even if I don’t have motivation for it. I always try to at least get it done, and get it done well.

Mental health; This one is obvious, if I have mental health issues, its going to affect how quickly I can get something done, or the efforts being put into it. That one in my opinion, is an obvious one.

Time; I had no other words to label this one, yet when I write I make many many drafts of it. Meaning, I could write something once, and I don't like it so I write it again, I continue this process until I am happy with what I have written. It can take many drafts ; on the writings in here, I have written each one up to 5-6 times before submitting it. And I probably am still continueing to change these to make sure I am happy with it.

Note on activity ; I am inactive on discord during the day (while at school.) Yet, active on the SRP website if it is dire.

What makes you passionate about writing?:

Freedom, being able to write away at anything you want it to be. Theres no text-book definition of it being good or bad, just how people view it. Meaning; you can write anything. Anything you so desire, of course some people will hate it. Yet if you have the right confidence in your own writing; then of course you can give people the world in writing; giving them a new experience just by reading something. Is something I’ve always wanted to do, and whenever I have done it, is something that gives me even more motivation to write.

Another thing is being able to create your own story, creating a character backstory, being able to basically be able to make your own person, original character, from scratch. You control their backstory and how their character traits formed. You are able to create uncomplex characters and complex characters, ones that have a deeper meaning behind every word they are, and just ones that blabber away! Being able to write a person from scratch, honestly is amazing in my eyes.
Also being able to write in many different writing styles, in my opinion is another amazing thing that you can do if you are a good writer, detailed and not detailed, straight forword and something that is held back.

To add on, even reading peoples writings. If they are a detailed writer, and they have original ideas. Gives me my own motivation to write, with new ideas and even being able to look at it another day and be able to make small or large edits in something, is something I look forward to doing whenever I start typing away at a story.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:

On SRP, nah. Outside of it though, yeah. I’ve been apart of writing classes before in my OOCly life, and going along with writing backstories, lore, or just short stories in general. As an example I’m currently working on a characters backstory; a better one that is a bit better would be in specifics; Rei Chinatsu-Helvete; a forever WIP of lore, adding and removing to make sure it fits.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:

Writing a backstory, an old story. Even a short story that is yet to happen; yet is planned and will soon be in the past. Whenever you read a history book, you are looking at a lot of lore from reality! Lore is anything, just in past tense of telling a story. Folklore, backstories, how something was made; ext.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

My favourite way one of my characters has died yet.

‘Down with the devil.’ - 870 words

‘Dom’ adjusted his own jacket before he began speaking; ‘Are you comfy in such attire? It seems… very professional. Wanna take it off?’ Before Samuel began speaking he placed a hand on his hip, ‘I am comfortable in it, but thank you for asking.’ The front door to the apartment opened and closed, yet neither of them paid attention to who entered, or maybe even who exited. A muffled and low voice spoke up, it came from behind Samuel. ‘He’s coming… Goodnight.’ A loud WHACK! Being heard soon after, a bat hitting Samuel’s skull from behind; a small stumble forward, he faceplanted into the wooden floor. ‘Dom’ smiled at the masked person who just sharply knocked out Samuel, giving them a thumbs up as well. ‘Great! Love it.’

Dom quickly hoisted up Samuel, shifting him as he walked up the stairs. Entering the bathroom; a convenient chair is placed in front of the sink and mirror, the chair being cemented into the flooring below. Chains clanged against each other as Samuel was soon tied to the chair, even gagged with a towel; stuck as he was still in la-la land of being knocked out.

The two; now masked people. One adorning the same jacket he did, a black one; a gray skull on the back. A loud inhale was heard as he choked on the towel. The person with the identical jacket stepped forward; Solomon. She sat in the chair across from her leader, twirling a knife between her fingers. Standing up, she approached. Grabbing his arm, she cut off one of his fingers. Chains clanged again as Samuel awoke, looking around the room. The only thing able to keep him sane while he watched was him digging his feet into the floor below him, he knew screaming would make this worse... He tried his hardest to not focus on the pain, but instead on the pressure in his feet as his feet dug against the tile.

‘Dom’ standing in the corner watching, Solomon and Dom swapped places, Dom standing in front of Samuel. A knife in one hand, Samuel’s hair in the other. ‘I know who you are Lucifer, I’m happy to say you’ll be meeting your favorite person today. Isn’t that lovely?’ Taking the knife, he removed Samuel’s arm. Samuel instinctively went to speak through the towel.. ‘Cry for me, we need more tears.’ Samuel did the exact opposite, he didn’t want to cry, no tears from him. Fixing his focus onto Solomon as his eyes finally started to tear up from the pain; he questioned his trust in people. Sol slid the mask up; betrayal filled Samuel’s eyes. Samuel was met with coldness, she was holding back her own tears, taking her knife she stabbed him right above the knee, still staring. Shutting his eyes, one of his murderers finally got what they wanted out of him; tears. Trying not to scream, he knew better.

Isn’t this sad…?’ Swinging a knife, it landed straight into Samuel’s right eye, he wasn’t paying attention enough to even flinch, tears filling his left eye as his head dropped; staring at his lap. He hissed at the pain, squeezing his eye shut, his feet still digging into the tiles below. Solomon and Dom quickly swapped places, removing the mask that kept on his face, Samuel didn’t know him either way! ‘I mostly did that to feel included. He doesn’t know me anyways.’ He gripped the Nagi in his hand, pointing it against Samuel’s neck, Samuel raised his head, staring dead ahead; he found some of the inner confidence his friends and family knew him for, it looked like he was staring through Dom’s soul, reading his mind it could seem. ‘█████ ███████ - Please go to hell with that name in mind.’ Dom dragged the Nagi down, making contact with his chest, and stomach. He made an upside-down cross-fitting for somebody like Samuel! Solomon stared, Hearing the name of an ex-cult member, realizing. All Samuel could do was stare, biting down on the towel between his teeth, tears now going down one side of his face. ‘Give us one last attempt Lucifer; To speak your mind.’

‘I’ve been looked at so much worse these past few days. I look at myself worse in the mirror.’
Dom adjusted the Nagi, pointing it at his chest. Directly where his heart was beating, speaking one last time as he stared at Samuel. ‘I feel horrible for killing, not you. Close that eye of yours; either if it's void or hell you see next. I’ll be happily visiting you one of these days.’ Giving Samuel the forever silence, thrusting the Nagi into his heart. Samuel was now dead, lifeless.

Dom, turning to Solomon, he spoke. ‘You helped. I don’t care if you had an input on █████, in the end, you made up for it. Besides; you’re bad that has nothing to do with it.’ Dom faced forward again, picking up Samuel as he left the room to prop it up against door.. Someone will find him later, ‘Wait.’ Dom stopped, staring at Solomon; who was taking the knife out of Samuel’s eye.

Dom and Solomon both left the apartment, the body of ‘Lucifer’ being left.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Hoshiko Matsushime

‘The numbing.’ | 801 words

The first Yuki-Onna of Karakura.

The small hill that resides over Karakura, it watches above the Shrines, old and new. Yet unknown to many, it holds a tree that holds the rocks together by its roots. With a small burrow bellow. The current history of it is unknown, yet you can find yourself holding an interaction with a woman as old at 300 ; Hoshiko Matsushime. Her presence is able to be told if the water near the bottom is iced over, even during the summer months this is one of the places that keeps snow and freezing cold temperatures around all year.

Hoshiko Matsushime, adored by her own family but loathed by the common eye. She holds the characteristics of ice; and holding an unsetting deamenor. During this time she was labeled as the city outcast during the 17th century, meanwhile a man named Kaito being the exact opposite, just like Hoshiko he held an ice like deamenor, yet he was popular instead of the city outcast. Fear followed Hoshiko like a burden, while inspirtation followed Kaito like a gift.

Hoshiko and Kaito then stumbled upon eachother in the zen garden one day. Due to them being so similar, they quickly became friends. Being attatched to the hip due to their bond in the chilled months. Following soon after, they fell in love. The talk around town of the outcast and the star. Yet Hoshiko was met with heavy shoulders, the words of her family not liking the relationship she was in; a quick engagement pursued due to both of them wanting to anger the parents. Even with this, she continued on with the relationship, following Kaito around like a lost dog.

Their wedding soon arrived about a year later, it was greeted the day before with Kaito leading Hoshiko up the Shrine and by the small hill with the tree. Kaito caved, he got enough of the hate from around the towns people to end Hoshiro’s life by burrying her deep in the snow; carving her name into the bark of the tree, where she froze to death hours later. She never found peace in the afterlife, she resided near the tree. All she wanted was vengeance; which she was soon gifted with.

For a few months, some people came to the tree, especially family, to visit her death. They were all met with a gruesome demise of being pushed under the snow, being greeted with no escape they all perished like she did before. After each and every attack, she became more and more violent with them. Some of them being burried underneath the roots of the tree she was attatched to, greeting them with no escape. Kaito soon approached one day, months later. Burdened with the murder of his dead-wife. He was greeted with Hoshiko offering a hand out to him, seeming to be unthreatening; she soon led him down into the burrow bellow the tree. Drowning him, freezing it over. She finally found some-sort of peace, yet she was not able to get out of the limbo of between the mortal world, and heaven or hell.

Hoshiko stayed, she watched over Karakura like a hawk; like a mother to a child. Generations flew past as she was kept silent, staying in the shadows left of Karakura. Every few winters she appeared, sometimes helping people that got stuck in the mountain; sometimes hurrying their soon-to-be death. She was able to help people get out of their own limbo as she was stuck in her own.

Hoshiko was greeted sometimes with smiles, she was the mother figure to the very few that knew of her existance and survived her violence. Yet she carried the burden of her lost-love and the many murders she has done, carrying it on her shoulders she made herself a promise ; to never harm an innocent human being again. She didn’t want to live with the guilt anymore to just herself, she was rather open to the few that met her gaze about her past. Nobody knowing of her name, she gave them a fake. ‘The Snow Grimm’ or ‘The one that Numbs’, she turned a new page in her book, she went silence and in watching for about 50 years after one of her encounters; one which ended in another dead.

The days passed by, soon becoming weeks, to months, to years. She stayed silent. Until the education boom; she came out of her hiding; her shell in a sense. Nobody knew of her, or so she thought at least. She welcomed anybody that stumbled upon her and her tree with open arms, charming.

After one mistake, she was called the Yuki-Onna of Karakura, her ice-cold deamenor and her freezing touch. The bodies that hid below her tree that sucumbed to her numbing grasp.​

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying. After discussing with the team, it was decided to deny your application.
Factors for your denial are listed below:​
  • Your first prompt started strong, but had many abrupt stops which hurt the flow of the story.​
  • The second prompt had a unique idea, but an ineffective execution.​
  • The second prompt felt underwhelming, with no build-up to the events.​
  • Make sure to work on the storytelling aspect of the writing, as opposed to relaying details of the event.​
  • Make sure to use consistent tense in the writing.​

For any questions relating to the application, DM rexypoo on Discord with said question. Feel free to reapply and address these factors for the next wave of applications.​

Users who are viewing this thread