Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Unshared

Level 9
IGN: Unshared
DATE: 03/06/2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: The server should make it staff cannot AFK, it is usually very fustrating with you need staff's help and you see them in the server but they dont reply to /help. They might be busy and most of the time no one gets replies. Feels like being ignored
Another suggestion is giving more perms to Senior Admins, they are a trusted staff member and they should have more perms regarding the server, like restarting it when the server is lagging every 2 seconds. Or restarting lobbies if they are down.

The server should make it staff cannot AFK, it is usually very fustrating with you need staff's help and you see them in the server but they dont reply to /help. They might be busy and most of the time no one gets replies. Feels like being ignored

While one can clearly understand and relate to the frustration that you feel when staff is not there to assist, there are no substantially beneficial effects from this suggestion. If the staff cannot AFK, then they would go offline instead. They become AFK for a reason, such as being busy or being called unexpectedly. In addition, they may miss out on any important /help's when they return from being AFK, to which therefore, this suggestion actually weakens the entirety of the staff team.

Another suggestion is giving more perms to Senior Admins, they are a trusted staff member and they should have more perms regarding the server, like restarting it when the server is lagging every 2 seconds. Or restarting lobbies if they are down.
'To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved.'
-Anonymous​

Last edited:

Unshared

Level 9
While one can clearly understand and relate to the frustration that you feel when staff is not there to assist, there are no substantially beneficial effects from this suggestion. If the staff cannot AFK, then they would go offline instead. They become AFK for a reason, such as being busy or being called unexpectedly. In addition, they may miss out on any important /help's when they return from being AFK, to which therefore, this suggestion actually weakens the entirety of the staff team.

'To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved.'
-Anonymous​

The thing is, players see there are staff online and none replied to their /help. I get that if they are busy, everyone have their own lives. But maybe a small reply to /help such as "Hi, I am busy right now. I will get back to you soon!" rather than ignoring it or not replying at all. Which makes players think that someone actually knows their help is ackownledged.

NukaRndz

Level 53
The thing is, players see there are staff online and none replied to their /help. I get that if they are busy, everyone have their own lives. But maybe a small reply to /help such as "Hi, I am busy right now. I will get back to you soon!" rather than ignoring it or not replying at all. Which makes players think that someone actually knows their help is ackownledged.
The issue with that is then the player base ends up getting upset with us because we forget and then log of and never do get back to them, if there was a way we could like open a ticket and keep it open untill we were finished then itd be different but /helps arent saves, theyre a on the spot thing.

Since the idea of having standing tickets has been brought up, let's ****yze the benefits and shortcomings of such a system. For our purposes, we assume that in order to create a ticket, a player shall do '/t create <their situation/complaint>'. It will be part of a list of tickets that the staff can view with '/t view', whereby the username of the player is the title of the ticket. They can click on each ticket and the entirety of the text containing their situation/complaint will be in full view.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Benefits :
It allows staff members to deal with situations that they have missed while they were offline/AFK, therefore solving the problem whereby a situation is going on yet no staff members are online.
2. It opens a new avenue for players who require help (side-by-side with /help and #help in the Discord server). This particularly helps players who do not have Discord and are unable to access the forums.
3. The listing of tickets would be compact and the likelihood of staff members missing situations/problems would become plummet, as one can imagine that /help and #help may be relatively messy at times.

Shortcomings :
1. It still does not solve the original issue of staff members being AFK and therefore being unable to respond while the situation/problem at hand is still ongoing (which seems to be the main concern of the original poster @Unshared).
2. It creates a possible scenario whereby trolls may spam the creation of tickets, causing genuine tickets to be flooded along with the fraudulent ones.
3. It requires a completely new plugin to be created for this purpose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What shall you make of it, it is up to you.

slimester

Level 79
The best fix to this is to resend your /help message a couple of times. There's really no need to bring about a whole new system just because a few people get their /help's ignored / a staff member didn't see them. I try and answer as many helps as I can but I also have other things to do. My opinion is to either, message a staff member on discord, use the #help channel located in our discord, or resend your help until someone actually reads it and responds to it. I understand it's frustrating to get it "ignored" or "unseen" but we aren't robots. But just know, the ingame /help system isn't always promised, but the #help channel on the discord is.

Rebel

Level 53
The best fix to this is to resend your /help message a couple of times. There's really no need to bring about a whole new system just because a few people get their /help's ignored / a staff member didn't see them. I try and answer as many helps as I can but I also have other things to do. My opinion is to either, message a staff member on discord, use the #help channel located in our discord, or resend your help until someone actually reads it and responds to it. I understand it's frustrating to get it "ignored" or "unseen" but we aren't robots. But just know, the ingame /help system isn't always promised, but the #help channel on the discord is.
I do agree, staff are always busy especially S.A's, if you need anything just get a screenshot and DM it to a S.A, its an easy fix

paigles

Level 3
I believe that a plugin that would allow members to open one ticket at a time could be very beneficial. A command could be set to open a ticket, and a staff member could do a command to view the current open tickets and answer them. When your ticket is picked up by staff, it could open a chatroom that only the player and staff could view. When your question is asked/when your problem is fixed, staff could click a button to close the ticket. This would prevent ticket flooding and could be extremely helpful, especially if staff got a chat notification when someone opened a ticket. While the AFK issue would still stand, this could help staff see the problem when they get back and fix it.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
The server should make it staff cannot AFK, it is usually very fustrating with you need staff's help and you see them in the server but they dont reply to /help. They might be busy and most of the time no one gets replies.
Though I completely understand where you're coming from with this, I feel as if making staff inable to be afk would be overworking them. They have things to do and aren't always online able to answer peoples questions. If nobody answers your /help after trying it like 3 or 4 times, I'm sure they wouldn't mind being dm'd about the problem. As long as it's something actually serious and not just you messing around.

Also, about the ticket system that was mentioned. Though it is a nice idea, it'd probably have to be created at a later date. An easy way to get this feature implemented faster is creating a ticket system in the discord server itself. Though one problem is, not everyone has discord. This would make it harder for those players that do not have access to discord. Just a short fix though.

NukaRndz

Level 53
Since the idea of having standing tickets has been brought up, let's ****yze the benefits and shortcomings of such a system. For our purposes, we assume that in order to create a ticket, a player shall do '/t create <their situation/complaint>'. It will be part of a list of tickets that the staff can view with '/t view', whereby the username of the player is the title of the ticket. They can click on each ticket and the entirety of the text containing their situation/complaint will be in full view.
Benefits :
It allows staff members to deal with situations that they have missed while they were offline/AFK, therefore solving the problem whereby a situation is going on yet no staff members are online.
2. It opens a new avenue for players who require help (side-by-side with /help and #help in the Discord server). This particularly helps players who do not have Discord and are unable to access the forums.
3. The listing of tickets would be compact and the likelihood of staff members missing situations/problems would become plummet, as one can imagine that /help and #help may be relatively messy at times.

Shortcomings :
1. It still does not solve the original issue of staff members being AFK and therefore being unable to respond while the situation/problem at hand is still ongoing (which seems to be the main concern of the original poster @Unshared).
2. It creates a possible scenario whereby trolls may spam the creation of tickets, causing genuine tickets to be flooded along with the fraudulent ones.
3. It requires a completely new plugin to be created for this purpose.

What shall you make of it, it is up to you.

I appreciate that you took the time to cover these points, I feel as if there would be some downfall to adding a whole new plugin for /helps and such, but I also feel as if something like this would be beneficial at the same time . To cover the Shortcomings you mentioned, Staff will go AFK, or they will just plain out end up logging of when they need to do so, this being that we are human too, and we do have lives aside from Minecraft. We get to /helps when we can, and with the efficiency of responding as fast as we can, if a staff member is AFK you can always just find another that isn't AFK. Indeed trolls could cause issues with the tickets, however spamming multiple tickets would likely become a warnable offense if this were to be added. The biggest point would be a whole new plugin, which I feel is slightly unnessicary.

Im6

Level 184
DENIED

- Thanks for the feedback however we've chosen to deny this.

- A new system however is already in the works to the point where it even feeds /help tickets on & through to our Discord which staff that aren't even present on the server & just the discord app itself can tend to whenever & wherever, hopefully increasing the efficiency of the support system.​

Users who are viewing this thread