byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
IGN:
imgayforwomen / Ordinqry

DATE:
August 5th, 2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I would like to suggest adding a self storage area to SRP, equipped with storage units varying in size (such as a CubeSmart).

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I know that many players on SRP find it extremely difficult to find an available housing space, including myself. Even worse, is when your inventory is filled with so much stuff that you cannot afford to buy anything else because you cannot carry it. We all know that there are only a limited amount of housing, and some people rarely ever even roleplay within their housing unless necessary and only use it to store their stuff, disregarding team houses. Regardless, finding an apartment or house is still hard.

Not everyone REQUIRES a housing space to roleplay, but everyone requires a space to store their stuff. This is why I am suggesting to add a self storage area.

How would it work?:
Obviously, a storage unit will not be free, however, it can be made cheaper than most other apartments, depending on their size.

Large Storage Unit: 50k/mo
Mid-Size Storage Unit: 25k/mo
Small Storage Unit: 10k/mo

Prices and size not set.

Like a housing space, you need to pay rent per month, as well as be active on the server to retain the storage space, due to the 30 day inactivity policy put in place.

Unlike a housing space, you would not be allowed to edit the interior of your storage unit. A pre-made interior would be made and chests (or barrels) are put in place for the actual storage. (This is to retain realism of how a storage space wouldn't just be a bunch of chests stacked upon each other.) You wouldn't be able to add anyone to the storage space either, meaning no commands are necessary.

(This is still only a rough idea, and it probably needs a lot of refining)

For someone who is currently storing about 7 chestfuls of stuff in the HS Male Volleyball house because they can't find a viable storage space, PLEASE!!!! consider it!!!

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
This has been suggested many times. You can probably find the responses from Kimi somewhere in reviewed suggestions
Kimi has mentioned a backpack plugin being made in past posts but I don't think I can fit 7 chestfuls of stuff into one or two backpacks... or even four. unless those backpacks are like fucking huge. O_o

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
Or, make it like a locker, but will charge in-game currency in the form of a monthly rent (10k or 5k yen = 54 slots?), which won't take up existing space on the map, and players can go to a location to open it.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- Backpacks are still planned, however we may instead look into doing storage units as well, but they would be shared.​

Users who are viewing this thread