Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

StrawbeeViniq

What is your discord name & tag?:
stwooooobee

Previous bans:
None

Describe your activity on the server:
Im way too active for my own good. I'm on daily besides on Thursdays, typically on anywhere from 5 - 8+ hours

What is your timezone?:
MST

List your current and past applications:
(main)Gaelic Application - Accepted
(main)KPD Detective - Denied
(main)Doctor Application - Denied
(main)Doctor Application #2 - Pending

(Alt)Gaelic Application - Accepted
(Alt) - School Nurse Application - Pending

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I have quite a bit, I’ve played DnD for a while, WoW, SRP of course, Roleplay Universe and some others. I’ve got about 4 years under my belt or so and have figured out how to properly adapt my Roleplaying emotes and speech to the person I am interacting with. I've also played some RPG games like' The Witcher, Persona 5, Final fantasy and Arma 3.

What is your motivation for applying?
My motivation for applying for EMS but more specifically paramedic is because I’ve always enjoyed seeing medical Roleplays and it’s been an experience I wish to be a part of, Ems have always been underrated in comparison to the KPD. I’ve thought about the KPD but the more I’ve looked toward EMS the more I’ve noticed I’d rather be with this ‘faction’ over the KPD, I wish to help out and grow my Roleplay experience and practise DetailRPing when it comes to medical overall and EMS will do that for me over the KPD. I’d love to Rp in the Medical World of EMS and that’s why I want to apply. I haven’t gotten the ability to Roleplay in a Medical setting even when I rp in more Medieval RP’s, which experience from MRP’s doesn’t help as their healthcare systems and tools will be significantly more different. I wish to expand my learning and RP experience and I think a Paramedic Position with SRP’S EMS will give me just that.

Which role are you applying for?
(Surgeon, Doctor, or Psychiatrist):
Doctor

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
I do,
I know that EMS are there to help care for wounds, no matter how drastic, each EMS member has a role to play, whether that's the mind, body or soul. They work to keep someone alive the best they can. But sometimes, a character's death is inevitable and some EMS cannot save them no matter their efforts.
Emergency​
Colour Codes​
Code Red
Fire
Code Orange
Hazardous Material/Spilled incident
Code Yellow
Disaster
Code Green
Emergency Exit
Code Blue
Medical Emergency
Code Violet
Combative/violent Persons
Code Pink
Kidnapping or abduction of Child/infant
Code Brown
Severe Weather​
Code Silver
Active shooter​
Code Black
Bomb(Extreme danger)​
Code White
Evacuation​

---------------​
Highest rank to lowest - Departments​
Hospital Positions​
DIRECTOR
A hospital director oversees every single physician on staff, and he or she is a leader in the industry. He/She is the main person people go to, including the Clinical Lead.​
PARAMEDICS
Paramedics are the ones who arrive on scene to a call with the ambulance, for example, sudden illness, collapses, car accidents. They are to provide emergency medical care or care in route to other medical facilities. Use proper techniques for first aid, medical treatments, etc.
CLINICAL LEAD
Clinical Leads are responsible for overseeing the delivery of high-quality patient care and implementing best practices and guidelines to ensure that clinical standards are maintained.​
DOCTORS
Doctors are often the ones treating the wounds, working the pharmacy or giving medical items such as canes, eye patches and looking after patients in the ICU or in recovery. Helping them get better and send them off to their correct department, Doctors also tend to be the ones performing checkups, diagnosing patients that are not mind related, help surgeons with some surgeries if required to and over all to ensure the best quality of a patient's health.​
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Top management is directly responsible for each department's functioning, so these people are more time-intensive in their organisational and strategic duties. Often monitoring their department's members.​
SURGEONS
Surgeons are often the ones sewing up leg wounds, working with amputations, internal bleeding and internal injuries and performing surgeries regardless of life threatening, critical or minor. They often can be saving someone's life or giving a minor surgery of plastic surgery to fix a nose or giving lip fillers depending on their specialty.​
ATTENDING
An individual who completed a residency program and is currently practising medicine in a clinic or hospital.​
PSYCHOLOGISTS
Psychologists are people within the Hospital who mainly focus on mental health, looking after those who need mental help or need someone to call and or talk to. They often are the ones prescribing medications and ensuring their Patient is in the best possible mental state and looking after themselves via selfcare.​
RESIDENT
Residency is a training which leads to a specialty (or subspecialty) certification, most Aspiring EMS take on the Residency role in order to make it past Residency and become an attending physician.​

Along with those, all Emergency persons are often taught Call signs; they are often used through radio and are quick numbers to remember instead of relaying long sentences. Some of these include

10-4 | Understood/Okay/got it
10-20 | Location?/where abouts?
10-26 | Clear/Safe
10-23 | Stand by/Hold position/wait
11-99 | Ems persons needs assistance/help
10-97 | Arriving on scene/at location

Equipment provided

Radio - Important equipment to have as EMS, KPD or any form of frontline emergency personnel. It is the main part of equipment to communicate within the hospital and to the KPD depending on what the call requires. EMS and even KPD are required to have them and keep ready encase it is needed. EMS are often given these on their first day.

Med kit - THE MAIN kit given to EMS on their first day, it holds everything one could possibly need, Bandages, gloves, facemasks, disinfectants. It is to be on EMS as often as possible.

Hospital I.D - One of the other items you receive on your first day, it is ALWAYS worn with uniform in order to not only have access to hospital but also so people know who you are.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
I understand

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Absolutely do, and I'll do my best to be on as much as possible to dedicate most of my time as hospital staff.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
I do, and I’ll make sure to go to as many training sessions as I can if I’m online and if I am not online I will make sure to tell whoever is hosting a training when I will be available or go to them later if they are on to play some catch up.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I understand.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:
Orlain Jovanny Quirke

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Male - He/Him

Character’s Age (if accepted):
26 years old

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):
Bachelor's
Majors(s) - Internal Medicine
Minor(s) - Human Biology

Highschool: Psychology and Biology

Character’s Nationality:
Irish

Character’s Marital Status:
Complicated

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Non-Religious

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese
English
Gaelic

In the early stages of Orlain's life, he entered this world in the picturesque city of Galway, Ireland, a place known for its rich history, stunning landscapes, and vibrant culture. Alongside him during his formative years was his twin sister Nadine, an inseparable bond between siblings that would prove to shape their lives in remarkable ways. His parents work tirelessly to provide a nurturing environment for their children. Orlain's father, in particular, had an essential role in the community as a paramedic, dedicating himself to helping those in need within the bustling walls of the local hospital.
However, the demands of his father's profession often led him on a journey of relentless service, rushing from one emergency to another, saving lives and bringing comfort to the afflicted. While Orlain admired his father's noble work, it also meant that he didn't get to see him as frequently as he wished. The unpredictable nature of his father's job meant that family time sometimes took a backseat to the call of duty.

As Orlain grew older, he realised the significance of his father's dedication to his profession and the sacrifices he made for the well-being of others. Orlain's passion for becoming a doctor or paramedic was a calling that echoed from his childhood years. From a young age, he was fascinated by the idea of healing others and making a difference in their lives during times of distress, not just because he lived within a family of EMS, but that his interest in medicine was not merely a passing fancy but a deep-rooted desire that seemed to have been ingrained in his very being.
During his formative years, roughly between the ages of 13 to 18, Orlain's passion crystalized, and he became resolute about his career path. He firmly decided to pursue a career as a paramedic, drawn to the dynamic nature of the profession that allowed him to be on the front lines, providing immediate care and assistance to those in critical situations.

However, he also recognized the significance of gaining a solid foundation in medicine, which could open doors to a broader range of opportunities and enhance his ability to serve others effectively. But, He found a requirement to learning the inside knowledge of the Hospital, thus aiming to become a doctor first in order to become the best paramedic he could be.

With determination and dedication, Orlain embarked on his academic journey, enrolling in medical studies to obtain his DOM (Doctor of Medicine) certification. He understood that this path would lay the groundwork for his future endeavours and provide him with a deeper understanding of the human body, illnesses, and treatments. Throughout his studies, Orlain demonstrated an unwavering commitment, pouring his heart and soul into absorbing knowledge and honing his skills.
He secured an internship opportunity within a hospital close to his school, a chance to gain practical experience and insights into the daily realities of a medical environment. This internship proved to be transformative, as it offered him invaluable exposure to real-life medical scenarios, patient interactions, and the teamwork involved in healthcare settings.

Orlain's internship experiences reaffirmed his passion for medicine and deepened his conviction to become a competent and empathetic healthcare professional. Every day spent in the hospital fueled his determination to make a meaningful impact on the lives of those he would serve in the future.
With graduation on the horizon, Orlain stood at the threshold of adulthood, armed with a profound love for medicine, a clear vision of his career goals.
At 19 years old he had chosen to go to a College for Emergency Medicine, Human Medicine and Veterinary Science.

He passed Emergency Medicine and Human Medicine, though dropped out of Veterinary Science.
Having successfully completed four rigorous years of college, Orlain emerged at the age of 23 with a wealth of knowledge and a sense of accomplishment. His academic achievements had laid a strong foundation for his future aspirations in the medical field. His unwavering determination led him to secure a coveted spot at the esteemed St. George's University of Medicine. Pushing Orlain to expand his horizons and deepen his understanding of medicine. Immersed in an atmosphere of excellence and surrounded by peers who shared his passion, Orlain's two years at St. George's were transformative, shaping him into a more competent and confident future doctor or paramedic.

As Orlain approached his 25th birthday, he stood at the threshold of a significant milestone in both his personal and professional life. Having successfully completed his two years of residency at the university, he felt a mix of pride and excitement as he looked back on his journey thus far. The rigorous training during his residency had exposed him to the realities of medical practice, allowing him to put his theoretical knowledge into action while working alongside experienced mentors. Throughout his residency, Orlain had encountered a diverse array of medical cases, from routine procedures to challenging and complex diagnoses. These experiences had honed his clinical skills, developed his bedside manner, and fostered a deep sense of empathy for his patients. He had learned the art of balancing medical expertise with compassionate care, understanding that healing extended beyond physical treatment to encompass emotional support and understanding.
In celebration of his 25th birthday, Orlain couldn't help but reflect on the incredible support he had received from his family, friends, and mentors. Their unwavering encouragement had been a pillar of strength, motivating him to persevere during the most demanding times of his medical education. He felt immense gratitude for their belief in him and knew that their faith in his abilities was well-founded.
As he blew out the candles on his birthday cake, Orlain made a silent promise to himself – a commitment to continue learning, growing, and striving to be the best version of himself as he progressed on his medical journey. Though. His sister was still in med school for another 2 years and they promised to wait for each other to finish school before finding a respective hospital to work at which made Orlain want to go back to focusing and becoming a doctor one day.. A Paramedic where he wants to be

Motivated by a profound longing for new experiences and cultural immersion, he eagerly booked the next available flight from Galway, Ireland, embarking on a journey that would span approximately 20 hours. Despite the lengthy flight, Orlain's enthusiasm was unwavering as he envisioned the adventures that awaited him in this foreign land. During those long hours in the air, Orlain seized every opportunity to prepare himself for his upcoming stay in Karakura. He diligently utilised his time, immersing himself in learning the Japanese language and familiarising himself with the local customs and traditions. His passion for medicine extended beyond borders, and he was eager to explore the opportunities that this vibrant city had to offer for his career.
With the plane finally touching down in Karakura, Orlain stepped onto Japanese soil with an invigorated spirit, ready to immerse himself fully in the city's rich tapestry of culture, language, and medical opportunities. The voyage from Galway to Karakura marked the beginning of a new chapter in Orlain's life, one that would undoubtedly shape his identity as a medical professional and as time went on he found himself taking side classes in Psychology, and Biology before eventually aiming to become a Resident Doctor at the Karakura Hospital.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY

What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Emergency Medicine
Orlain had specifically chosen this specialty within the medical field as his father was a paramedic and due to admiration he found a joy for learning it which made him want to pursue it as he went forward as a Medical Professional.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Orlain did two years of medical school in Galway, Ireland.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Yes, Orlain has had a Nursing internship at a Hospital in Galway in his high school and college years before moving onto his career as a Doctor with the knowledge he gained as an Intern and Student

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
schooling in Paramedic Studies/ Emergency Medicine
Hs level Biology and Psychology

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Orlain is standing at roughly 5'2” with semi wavy yet soft and fluffy ginger hair with green- avocado looking eyes. He has slightly tanned skin and his shoulders, collarbones and cheeks are dosed in little Freckles, scattering throughout his body.
He’s a fairly quiet man, often keeping his head down to his work. Speaking softly, though it carries some stuttering with it. He’s often in more pastel colours and smells of Blackberry and green tea

Disabilies/Ilnesses:
Disability - Childhood-onset fluency disorder aka Stammering (Causes stuttering)

Disability - Undiagnosed Autism

How does your character act on and off duty?
On duty; Orlain is usually quite reserved but will speak up if he must. He tends to prefer looking after himself and his patients unless a colleague needs assistance. He aims to be the best he can be when helping those in need. Orlain is often times finding himself spending time at the front desk when he isn't doing too much, or ensuring stock is full and ready for people who may need prescriptions or any kind of pill or item from the pharmacy and staying at front desk to help patients who are in need for other EMS.

Off Duty; Orlain normally likes to leave a stressful job with a cosy rest of his day/afternoon/evening.. Making a nice meal and relaxing, often times taking a bath to doze and in the morning spend the rest of his day in pj's, Fuzzy/cosy socks under a blanket, reading with some tea and toast. Unless, some of his friends wish to spend time with him. He is often perceived as a puppy the atmosphere around him only adds to it.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Orlain usually prefers being on his own, as being soft spoken it’s harder for others to hear him. But, when it comes to medical settings he’s more than happy to welcome anyone to help him or come to help someone else. At the end of the day, he puts his wants aside to help the patient as most EMS all have a similar goal when it comes to Health Care.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Orlain plans to stay in the medical field for as long as possible, he wishes to leave a legacy behind with the Hospital as one of the best. Though, he does have plans to get married and have a family of his own and have a place to call his own.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
People often see Orlain as gentle, and warm hearted. Despite being quiet he is often seen as hard working and does his best to have a keen eye and ensure the best quality of treatment. As for personal matters, Orlain is often helping his friends in need regardless of what it is. He is often someone who could easily be pushed around as he will bend over backwards for his friends and any partners he may have, though he is very respectful and usually doesn’t do something without permission or unless he knows he’s allowed to do something. He cares a lot for people and himself though his friends often say he should work on making proper home cooked meals than take out food and worrying about the past and what could have been.

Though, Orlain often views himself as lowly and cowardly. Often finding himself running from himself and worrying about others rather than himself, finding a high selfless nature. He isn’t always confident but wears, and does what makes him happy, not letting his thoughts of himself disrupt his relationships with family, friends and future partners. Nor letting it interfere with work, his coworkers or his patients.​

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 228
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the faction, we often have to deny good applicants because there are others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to server reputation or due to the detail that was put into their application.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 4lx. - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread