mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

strcssed's reporter application

strcssedd

Level 3
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:

strcssed (Main account)
distrcssed (Alternate account, the account I am applying with)

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
Yes. strcssed on Discord, and yes! I have a microphone. (HyperX Cloud Stinger in Pink… #notsponsored)

List your timezone and country:
I am from Singapore, which runs on SGT or GMT+8.

Describe your activity:

Monday​
Tuesday​
Wednesday​
Thursday​
Friday​
Saturday​
Sunday​
12pm-6pm and/or 8pm-3am​
12pm-6pm​
12pm-6pm and/or 8pm-3am​
12pm-6pm​
12pm-6pm and/or 8pm-3am​
1pm- 4am​
1pm-2am​

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
NIL

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
I truly enjoy reading the reports that get published by the esteemed Reporter faction in SRP. It provides differing views and styles to the viewer, opening their eyes to the different standpoints during different events and affairs in Karakura. I feel that having this faction in place in SRP adds to the experience of Karakura being a full-fledged city, making RP more effective and giving it a personal feel through the form of journalism. As such, my motivation in putting this application forth stands in my eagerness to convey information in interesting and unique ways through my flair for writing! I am very inspired by the unique ways that the Reporter faction puts forth their works, that view into the lives of very diverse communities in Karakura, and opens our eyes to situations that have occurred previously.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I love writing, be it writing factual reports, or fiction! As someone who has dabbled in the public speaking scene IRL, I am no stranger to writing transcripts, interviews and scripts for other occasions. I have also done Mock UN, having tried the Press side of it, I am familiar with writing styles, and how news can be skewed in certain ways to fit certain audiences. As mentioned, I enjoy writing thoroughly. I enjoy putting my heart into writing about events, giving rundowns of occurrences, and interviews that can strike at heartstrings. I hope to be able to give my articles a personal touch all while being objective as per the regulations of being in this faction, that is what I aim to achieve through this role, should I pass the application.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes. I am aware that not following these rules will affect my, and the Reporter faction’s reputation, and I am aware that it will result in my expulsion.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I believe that I have an unwavering passion for writing. I truly enjoy writing content of all kinds, in all tones, from sombre to lighthearted! Should I be accepted into the Reporter faction, I am sure of my effort to put quality content out for the faction, and my involvement in the city’s affairs, so that I may be better immersed. I believe that I have a unique style of writing, which would bring in more diversity in the faction! I feel that I am able to appeal to the emotional side of things, and provoke thought with my writings.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
I am aware that should I have biasedness in my content, it would hinder my reputation, the faction’s reputation and would also be pretty unfair on the groups I show biases to. I understand that the Reporter faction should stay neutral and not take sides be it subtly or blatantly, so as to not create tension between groups. By being discriminatory or prejudicial to any group or entity in my content, I am targeting said group or entity, and might cause unneeded tension between groups, or myself and others.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I trust that I will be able to maintain activity as a Reporter. I aim to not only reach, but hopefully do more than enough every month!

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
I imagine that reporters are like journalists, they are on the ground and out there to receive information first-hand as much as possible, and turn that information that they see into articles for others to read and gain awareness about. I understand that reporters are encouraged to be present during city events, such as court proceedings, governor speeches and the like, so that they are able to give transcripts or summaries (objectively, of course.) for others to understand.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
“I am Jeong-Won Maeng.”

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
“Mr. Maeng in formal contexts will do, and Jeong-Won in informal ones.”

Current Age (25+):
“I am 25 years young.”

Past job/work experience:
“Does it count if I was a student journalist in my university? Haha. No? Well. Not that I know of then.”

Degree/qualifications:
“I took my Bachelors in International Relations at Seoul National University.”

Nationality and born location:
“I was born in Busan, South Korea. That is my hometown. I am born Korean, and proudly Korean.”

Phone Number:
“I can be reached at 030-515-6171 . Please, don’t call me after 7pm on weekends. I take family time really seriously.”

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
“I have been told I am an empath… That means I empathise with people a lot, right? I would agree with them on that. I think of myself as someone who will get what they want if they work hard enough. A hard worker. Hey, I sc****d through SNU with my blood, sweat and tears! I think I can get anywhere with hard enough work and sheer effort. I am determined like that. Oh, I also treasure my family a lot. I will do anything for my nephews and nieces… Maybe except for sacrifice work. That’s caused some problems. I’ve been told I would do better as a Law major over International Relations. Apparently it’s because I talk a lot. I am sure I will make good use of my talking time… I hope.”

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
“I think the state of education is an interesting sector in Karakura. You know, youths will take over one day… It’s important to find out and dive into what they go through in their experience in the education system. I’m sure I will get to reach out to the administration about their views, and hopefully even the students themselves on their views. After all, they are the ones bearing most of the brunt. I do think the state of businesses are also an interesting topic, with the unique style of businesses that run here. Heard of Yeobo, right? A sweets store, AND an arcade? I would love to find out from the owner of that place about how they run this!”

As for comfort zones… I think I can do okay with them. I think reporting on the less-talked about topics or anything stranger to me might be an uphill task, but I’ll do it anyway. I’ll soldier through it. No big deal, I hope.”

What are your expectations for the job?:
“Go out there, get myself out there and open my eyes to the sights. I know what this entails. I know some reporters can get really burnt out with the work, especially with articles and deadlines piling up on them. I do not think I will have my work piled up on me, I usually get it done well and fast when asked.”

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
“No, I do not. I am clean.”

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):

Korean
Japanese

PROMPTS:
You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

The city of Karakura’s prominent landmark; The Torii Gates just a glance away from the plaza, stands the city’s school, Karakura High School and Community College. The average resident in the city is familiar with the school, for they may have gone through their formative years in the institution, or have passed by the iconic Torii Gate on their daily commute. As we pass by the gate, or a passing glance into the campus, we wonder what the students in Karakura High School and Community College (KHSCC) go through in their endeavours of education.

The writer would like to clarify that they had not studied at KHSCC, but in Busan, South Korea. However, ample recounts and anecdotes from his family and the public who have studied there has contributed to this article.

In Karakura, the average child goes through 12 years of education in Elementary, Middle and High School. Some go on to College, where they finish their Bachelors, Masters or PhDs. For most Karakuraians, that happens at Karakura High School and Community College. In the school, one would be very familiar with the vast diversity in the student population; people hailing from all corners of the earth, with different stories to tell, different goals and aspirations, all coming together in the renowned institution. KHSCC has much to offer, not only does it have an established academic standard, it boasts diverse sports teams and interesting clubs for students to express their passion in their extracurriculars. To name a few, the school has talented athletes in their Football, Basketball teams, among other teams of students who put their blood, sweat and tears into their sport.

In the school, lessons are optional to attend. That means, students absent for lessons are not penalised, but students present for lessons are rewarded with their participation going onto their record. This record will be taken into consideration when students apply for scholarships into the Community College, or when students take exams for their High School diploma, or to move on from their Bachelors. In recent events, the school rescinded a rule that made College class participation compulsory. Critics of this rescindment have quoted the change as ‘a poor decision due to either monetary gain, or sheer laziness’ (Nahn, 2024). The rescinding of the rule has caused some discourse among students, faculty, and parents alike, with some expressing their dissatisfaction that the already-low presence of college students in class will be exacerbated by the new rule. Some students express that the rule has allowed them more leeway to pursue other things in school, such as give them more time to practise sports for upcoming school events. However, in recent events, some have lamented that making classes optional have caused more harm than good. The school administration has come under much scrutiny as of late, around the issue of making College classes optional, among other issues. The reasons cited were poor student participation.

As for the High School side of the institution, lessons have always been optional to attend. Students are plenty, and classes sometimes even face a shortage of desks and chairs for students. Needless to say, educators on the High School faculty mention that they face issues with understaffing, while the Community College faculty may beg to differ. Karakura High School and Community College has a hardworking team of faculty members, teachers and professors alike. In the following interview, the writer will be interviewing an esteemed member of the High School teaching faculty, Mr. Holger Krieg, a Physical Education teacher.

Got something to report about? An interesting event happening in the city? Call me today, at 030-515-6171! Please do not spam my inbox.

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

[!] A modernised audio recorder started rolling. The audio was crisp, one could hear the occasional fan blade turning and the shuffling of shoes. [!]

[!] The affirming voice of a man started speaking, one could hear the cadence in his speech. He possessed an odd accent. [!]
Jeong-Won Maeng: Hello Sir, I am Jeong-Won Maeng. I am here to interview you about the state of education in Karakura. Could you please introduce yourself briefly?

[!] A separate voice was heard. This time, the man possessed a huskier tone. He sounded more charismatic and seasoned to this as well…! He cleared his throat.[!]
Holger Krieg: Hello, my name is Holger Krieg, and many of you may know me as the best P.E. teacher but anyways!

[!] The differently-accented man spoke again. [!]
Jeong-Won Maeng: Thank you, Mr. Krieg. It is a pleasure to have you here today. So, as you know, the Education system in Karakura has come under much scrutiny as of recent events, and many questions remain on how the administration plans to move on from there, which begs my first question. How do you feel about the current state of students? Would you say that there have been any changes since you were a student yourself?

[!] The man inhaled sharply. [!]

Holger Krieg: There has been many changes to this school since I was a student here. When I was in Grade-12 here, everyone wasn’t getting into fights and doing a lot of things that could result in a detention. I remember going to school and hanging out with my friends, and nobody would fight each other. Although, every once in a while, there were fights, but that’s nothing compared to the amount of fights we have now. In (the) recent days there has been a fight every day. I could say the same with disrespecting faculty and walking into school drunk.
[!] He clicked his tongue. [!]
Like back then, we didn’t do any of that! We knew better but that’s all I can think of… But there are also a ton of students that don’t do any of those things and (they) obey the rules. Those students I love, because they make my job (easier), (the) same with other faculty members.

[!] Some fabric shuffling can be heard. [!]
Jeong-Won Maeng: Sounds like a lot has changed indeed. Speaking about activities in school on the more civil side, do you feel that the youth are passionate about their interests? If so, how do they show it?

[!] The sound of a school bell could be heard. The first few words were slightly muffled from the sound of it. [!]
Holger Krieg: Well, there are a lot of young people that (show) their true passion by attending the classes that could help with that passion. But, I will say that from some of the way (they) act, I think that they don’t really have a passion for the future… Or at least, not yet. I’ve seen students express their passions many times throughout my… About a month of being here. And it really warms my heart knowing that I could be a part of their lives and help them succeed in that passion. But, like I said previously, some students don’t really have a passion, and that’s okay! We all have time to think of something that we want as our passion!

[!] The tone of the oddly-accented man seemed to lighten up. He sounded more eager. [!]
Jeong-Won Maeng: I am pleased to hear that you feel very warmly towards your students. Would you say that your students are placing more importance on their academics, such as attending class and preparing for examinations, or placing more importance on extracurriculars such as sports and club involvement?

[!] The shuffling of feet could be heard, followed by a door knob opening and closing. [!]
Holger Krieg: Well… I personally think that others may argue differently, but i’m just stating my personal opinion. I really do think that students are placing their extracurriculars in front of their academics. Because, when a teacher is having class, I see a lot of students wander around campus looking super bored, when they could just attend a class, and maybe learn something that will help them personally! Additionally, I see students usually around the sports areas like the basketball court, the baseball pitch, et cetera. It makes me feel like students just don’t care about the grades they make, or their academics. If you want to get a scholarship into college for a sports team, you will need good academics too! They don’t just take you for your talent, they want intelligent people too!

[!] The rustling of paper was heard. [!]
Jeong-Won Maeng: That is interesting to hear. I had not known previously about scholarship requirements. You mentioned that you see students wandering around campus often. Do students still feel motivated to come to class? Why, or why not?

Holger Krieg: Well, from the time that I have worked here, students have been wandering around the campus like I said previously… and there’s nothing that we can do about it, since classes aren’t required and it’s just optional. Now that students have a passion, like I said in a previous question, are motivated to join a class that relates to their passion. (This) warms my soul, because it shows that they are dedicated to their passion. But mostly, I feel like students aren’t really motivated to go to class at this time.

[!] Rustle rustle. [!]
Jeong-Won Maeng: Oh, that is eye-opening. From what you mentioned, I understand that there are students who come to classes they are interested in, and students who do now show up since classes are optional. Do you think that having a reward system can still motivate students to participate in class? Do share your experience with this system.

[!] The man cleared his throat. [!]
Holger Krieg: Yes, the reward system is an amazing way and such a good invention to motivate students to participate in class. Students are thrilled when they hear the word "Reward Stickers" because they know if they get enough of them they can get some money out of it. I like watching students' eyes widen when they hear I'm going to give out a reward sticker. It also shows true competition.

[!] The rustling of paper could be heard. [!]
Jeong-Won Maeng: The reward system seems like an effective way to promote competition in class! Conversely, what do you feel can be done about low participation in classes?

Holger Krieg: What could be done about low participation in class? Hmmm… (I) would think for a moment, making attending classes (compulsory). That's the only way I can think of to eliminate low participation, or if a student is caught running around school they would get punished for it. Other than that, I have no other thoughts on resolving that issue.

[!] A cough was heard, followed by the sound of throat-clearing. Shoes rustling on the carpet were also heard.[!]
Jeong-Won Maeng: So, reversing the rule on optional classes would improve participation. If you could change something about the schooling system, what would you change?

[!] The faraway yell of a younger person could be heard, followed by some heavy footsteps that got closer and closer. [!]
Holger Krieg: Ooh! This is a hard question, but also a good one. One thing I would change about the school is the lack of events. I feel like we should have more events for the school as it would add more joy to the school. People wouldn't be so bored running around the school and (always) fighting each other. They would wake up and be excited to go to school because the school is hosting a fun event.

[!] The sound of the fan blades were heard. [!]
Jeong-Won Maeng: So in summary, you feel that if the school hosts more events, the students would feel more excited to do something productive in school. Moving on, do you feel that students will remain the same for the foreseeable future, or would their mentalities shift as time passes?

Holger Krieg: The way it is looking right now, I personally think that their mentalities will stay the same. The internet is getting engraved into these students' minds and it's causing us problems, because they want to do trendy stuff and look cool around their friends.

[!] The rustling and flipping of paper could be heard. [!]
Jeong-Won Maeng: Thank you for your response. Lastly, what do you hope to see in your teaching career? It can be anything, such as inspiring or heartwarming things.

[!] A subtle chuckle was heard. [!]
Holger Krieg: What I hope to see in my future as a teacher, is becoming a HD, which is the head department of the subject I'm teaching. I also hope to see that I inspire students to be interested in teaching and knowing that I could be the reason they become a teacher. It makes my soul warm just imagining a future faculty member coming up to me and saying that I inspired them to become a part of the faculty.

Jeong-Won Maeng: That is indeed heartening. Well, thank you, Mr Krieg for participating in this interview. Your responses have been very thoughtful, and have provided much insight.

Holger Krieg: You’re welcome.

[!] Some rustling could be heard, followed by the cut-off sound of a button being pushed. [!]

I would like to thank LuvBelak, who plays [Teacher][UT] Holger Krieg for letting me interview him ICLY!

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
ApplicationStuffs.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:

Please get in touch with me via Discord @ aania to start the process and get you set up!

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread