mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Stricter Shopkeeper Quotas

mori

Level 8
What's your Minecraft Username?: yozb
What's the title of your suggestion?: Stricter Shopkeeper Quotas

What's your suggestion?:
To quote the official forum post for shopkeepers, "Whilst owning a shop, Shopkeepers are expected to reach 12 openings per Out-Of-Character month;"

Although the number may arguably be a bit excessive (and possibly subject to change), many stores have been practically inactive, or borderline inactive, for long periods of time.

I propose that a quota for openings is more strictly enforced.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
1. Items that enhance roleplaying experience become more accessible to players.
2. Workers of stores/restaurants are able to have a more profitable income.
3. Considering that the shopkeeper role is highly sought-after, this would ensure the title isn't being held captive by inactive players.

kustomzero

Level 129
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
Currently there is no Shop Faction Lead, which is why there is a lack of shop openings. Only a few shops do open every now and then during the week. Once a Shop Faction Lead is chosen they’ll go through applications and get more Shopkeepers in. Which will bring more shop openings and plenty of opportunities to work at the shops because I’m sure the newest shops will be in need of workers. It’s also up to the shopkeepers when it comes to income, that’s if I’m correct about that. For items to be more enhancing for roleplay experience it’s up to the shopkeeper if they want to buy a custom item it to be sold in their shop. Or players can sell their custom items to a shop for it to become public. There are items that do enhance roleplay such as musical instruments, furniture items, food, alcohol, beverages, etc.

(I’m writing this at 3 am ignore anything that doesn’t make sense or not related to the suggestion)

spxcegrl

Level 1
There have been shops that have opened several times in the past week, even if its only a few. Shop quotas are already enforced as is and I feel being harder on shopkeepers is only going to demotivate them. The lack of a lead also contributes to the lack of shop openings as the rules and quota can't be enforced. I would enjoy the shops that open for now until there is more activity on the server in terms of shops.

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
Hi bb, we can log only 2 adverts per day! Its not needed bc in the theory it will take a shop to open a week in a row which non of the shops r doing, even in thr last months most of the shops didnt even complete their logs(shocked, right?) I can tell u most of the shops r finishing their adverts only in the end of thr month and it looks like we're not opening bc we're doing it only once per few days bc if it will be in a row at some point the shifts wont have a profit at all! of course it is related to the no faction lead exists but even before it sometimes people not finishing their quota(due to irl life, kinda obvious. . .I didnt complete mine on October bc my country is in a war)

In conclusion: its already hard enough for us to complete it, theres no reason to make it be worse, instead of making active shopkeepers have a more painful months it is better to just kick inactive shopkeepers! Im the owner of Sayonara Gift shop btw.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+

What's your suggestion?:
To quote the official forum post for shopkeepers, "Whilst owning a shop, Shopkeepers are expected to reach 12 openings per Out-Of-Character month;"

Although the number may arguably be a bit excessive (and possibly subject to change), many stores have been practically inactive, or borderline inactive, for long periods of time.

3. Considering that the shopkeeper role is highly sought-after, this would ensure the title isn't being held captive by inactive players.
The reason shop openings seem rather scarce is because there’s realistically no one currently holding us accountable for staying on top of quota. It’s not a matter of quota being “too hard”, it’s just a matter of no one’s really telling us what to do and making sure we follow the rules. I do still try to meet quota nonetheless.

That said when we get a new faction lead I’m sure the quota will be a lot more strict.

robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
The shopkeeper quotas are as strict as they can be, is what I think.
12 openings/month is about one opening per 2-3 days. If you can't catch one, it's unfortunate, but it happens. Maybe try asking a shopkeeper when they plan on opening, if there's something you'd really like to buy?

whozits

Level 2
Community Team
Event Team
whozits
whozits
Notable
-1 ~ In my respectable opinion as a shopkeeper, I believe that 12 openings per OOC month is plenty. Of course, shops are allowed to open as many times as they want during the month, but only 2 times a day. We also at the moment DO NOT have a shop lead, so quota isn't enforced. But yes as stated, it's 12 openings per OOC month we're required to open.

Reasonings for Opening a Minimum of 12 Times Per OOC Month
There are convenience shops such as Okinasa and Daisuki Yohin that open rather a lot, possessing items such as ingredients, alcohol, and food items that enable them to open much more often without loss of profit. For gift and accessory shops, instrument shops, etc. It's not a good decision to open as often. This is because shops will most likely have the same for a long period of time, gaining a few new item every so often (could be a few months at that). If these item shops were to open more then 12 opening per OOC month, their items would lose their value, and shops would lose their profit over time, very quickly.

Referring to the "How will this benefit the server and community?"
Of course shops are there to allow items, accessories, to enhance roleplay activity. And there are currently 17 (I believe) active shops that allow players to do this. Again, we currently don't have a shop lead so quota isn't as enforced. But, shops will open when they can, due to the shopkeeper's availability. Hopefully it's around 6 times a month, which is the required quota.
2. Shopkeepers are permitted to allow their employees to keep a certain percentage of their makings. For example, my shop allows employees to keep 30% of their makes, which earnings depend on the opening, but they make anywhere from 50k - 300k per shift. You're allowed to work at as many shops as you'd like, which better increases your chances of making profits from working within a shop.
3. Yes, shopkeeper is a highly sought-after role, and takes a lot of responsibility and managing skills to be successful at (which we def all are). But again, we're just players, and we do have lives outside of SRP. It's ok to go inactive for a period of time if needed. I personally haven't seen a shopkeeper be inactive for more then 2 months. But we're all trying to open for the community as much we can, I promise! :D

Conclusion
In CONCLUSION, and apologies for the paragraphs, once we get a shop lead I'm sure we'll get a bunch of new shopkeepers to run stores, and quota will be more strict/enforced so that the community is able to gain items they wish to have. It's unpredictable as to when a shop can open, but usually if you're in a shop's Discord, you'll be pinged when their shop opens! Thanks for reading my T.E.D. Talk. <3

draculary

Level 41
Authorization Team
draculary
draculary
Omega
Some shopkeepers also go on inactivity for personal reasons or waiting for new items/new shop build & as others said, there's no lead atm to make quota stricter but all shopkeepers are doing their best ^^

Haneshii

Level 12
Haneshii
Haneshii
Omega+
What other people said, currently we don't have a Shop lead which means no rule enforcing. (However, KimiNoUso is checking our openings, so shops SHOULD be opening at the required amount of openings.) Something some people may not know is, we must have 12 openings per OOC month, however, each [ADVERT] is considered an opening with the restriction of only being able to log two per day. So, you can have 3 adverts per day however only 2 of them would count towards quota. So, if it seems as if we're not meeting the 12 openings per OOC month rule, we probably are (at least I know I am!) but it's only 6 times a month we're actually open a day. [Ex: "Shop is open!" = one opening, "Shop is STILL OPEN!" = another opening. which in total equals two openings.] I believe HATOLA explained this above as well, this is only just a more in depth explanation.

We are trying our best to open! It's unfortunate as some of us may be on different time zones as other people so they don't get to see our shops open. My shop tends to open around 1-8PM PST time, so people who are usually sleeping by that time don't get to come to my shop. I own Kirei Hana the flower shop.

flowersak

Level 120
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+
Shopkeepers generally have reasoning for not opening for the 12 quotas a month. As everyone else has said, when there was an official lead, shopkeepers were reaching quota within reason. However, at the moment, they have no one to keep them up to reaching quota or working with them if they need some time.

The shopkeepers work really hard and I believe that they should be given leeway at the moment until they can get an official lead again! There is no one there to guide them into being able to reach the quota through other means. ♡

5SHU

Level 98
5SHU
5SHU
Omega

I just don’t get it why do shop keepers need more ‘strict’ quotas. Lots of them have trouble due to life issues like taxes.. taxes.. etc so it’s a negative one for me.

Kurooo__

Level 61
Kurooo__
Kurooo__
Omega

What's your suggestion?:

i can see why people want more shops as back when i was online they were almost never open but they got lives -1

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- At the moment they're already being monitored with their quotas, however 6 days out of 30 is about average for reaching a quota within a faction (even shorter in some cases).​

Users who are viewing this thread