Student Teacher Interns or Assistants & Education Classes

wethecreature

Level 97
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
IGN: wethecreature
DATE: 4/22/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Teacher Interns / Education Classes (I will elaborate)
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

First, before I go over exactly how it will benefit the community, I will elaborate on what I mean (since this might confuse you)

I think that there should be the possibility of having Student Teacher Interns, or Students that are basically assistants to the teachers and professors, helping them during lessons and with their out-of-class work. Students would have to apply for this position, and along with this position, classes would be given to those volunteers so that they are more prepared.

I think this could benefit the community as a refreshing roleplay experience and an interesting way to develop a student's character if the roleplayer wants to put them into education in the future.

THIS WOULD NOT BE A ROLE! Similar to Swap Day, student teachers/student teacher assistants would NOT receive a role and would do the job with their student tag.

VOLUNTEER CLASSES, TEACHER ASSISTANTS, AND HOW THEY FUNCTION:
After a student asks for the job (via an application), they will participate in classes hosted by Professors about Education and how to teach!

This is how professors who teach will be chosen:

Who can host these education classes? Any Professors that are trusted by the faction lead and have been AP for a while or are QP+

(AP = Associate Professor)
(QP = Qualified Professor)

Lesson plans for these classes will consist of handling disruptive students, making an engaging lesson, et cetera. After multiple classes, these volunteers will receive proxy classrooms.

Proxy-Classrooms will be classes that are taught by a volunteer. These volunteers will be assigned to an experienced NQT/AP or a QT/QP+. Before hosting a class, volunteers must know that their mentor is online so they can do the commands for the volunteer. The volunteer's proxy classroom will be their mentor's classroom or a proxy classroom made for them prior.

(NQT = Newly Qualified Teacher)
(QT = Qualified Teacher)

The kind of students that can teach these classes and enroll in this program would go as follows.

Highschool classes - Masters, PHD

College Classes - PHD

KEEPING TRACK:
A spreadsheet would probably be made to document who each volunteer's mentor is and where they are in the program.

PROGRAM MILESTONES
1) Newly Enrolled (Interning)

2) Enrolled (Interning)

3) Proxy Teacher/Professor (No Longer Interning)

4) Finished Program

THE END OF THE PROGRAM:
I'm not sure exactly what might happen at the end of the program.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
One idea could be that the finished interns/proxy teachers & professors could bypass the age limit on the Teacher Applications (depending on their age icly) and become a teacher at an earlier age.

There could be different Education Class Hosts based on timezone correlation.

Mentors could choose which interns they want &/or could be assigned (by random/faction leads choice or by timezone correlation)

DivingBlues

Level 55
Shrine Lead
Builder
+1 / -1 Neutral!!
I love the idea and it sounds really good, this can happen in roleplay I know it can after seeing students working with me in my time as a teacher! However, with this there are some issues, classes will need to be watched a lot by the teacher and their little helper. They MUST share or be in the same Timezone which can be complicated, if times don’t match then they may never be together in the same class. Also as well SOME people will apply for these roles and get in however, not be fit for these roles at all! This means they can be mucking around, causing chaos, yelling and abusing their titles which I know does happen sometimes. If we are to do this I think there should be training ICLY and also OOCLY so they know and are aware the persons fit for the roles.

Other than that I believe this can be possible, it just will need a lot to it for it to work! I’d love to see this though as an ex teacher. Having a councillor in my room at times has been super helpful. It helped me with the students I couldn’t deal with, so I think it would be good to have these guys running around.

Kasien

Level 40
F0llowGh0stface
F0llowGh0stface
Notable
+1
It would be nice to see this in roleplay plus useful for students trying to pass and go to college. I also agree with DivingBlues.

CTC0

Level 25
CTC0
CTC0
Notable
+1
I think this is a brilliant idea! Imma be honest I think it might also be a good idea to put in a new role for teaching assistants or replace it with something similar, maybe the interns would only be allowed to teach people after they've hit a certain quota, similar to teachers gaining the adult tag after their requirements! But overall this is a brilliant idea and I'm all for it!

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Tutors are already able to be assistants in teacher/professors classes, so I dont think its needed for students to do that job

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- You may apply for 'Tutor' which is the same role, but in future we may add something for college students to assist college classes.​

Users who are viewing this thread