SamFlynn82

Level 4
SamFlynn82
SamFlynn82
Rich+
IGN: SamFlynn82
DATE: 04/25/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I would like to recommend allowing college students to either serve as high school teachers and/or be teaching assistants for high school teachers.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
During certain hours I have seen people asking about high school classes and I thought this would be a good way to resolve this issue since college students also don't typically have any classes during these hours as well. This would allow for high school students to have a teacher when none are available, and it'd provide college students with an opportunity. Also, teaching assistants could be used if classes are full for college students or during times when there are no classes available for college students but classes are available for high school students. This could also be viewed as a teaching internship/apprenticeship or even a long-term swap day.

V_Is_Fruity101

Level 114
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
NEUTRAL

As a college student rper, I don't but do like this.

What's wrong with this?!?!?!?
TEACHERS. TEACH. CLASSES. Us college students are NOT qualified for teaching.

What's great?!?!
TEACHING ASSISTANTS

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Professors/Teachers are already allowed to have teaching assistants, as long as the student isn't the subject of favoritism or the "position" isn't abused. If a college student wants to assist a highschool teacher for a lesson, they need to get prior permission from the SLT (or maybe a teacher HD, don't quote me on that).

Students should never be allowed to teach their own classes outside the context of an event or special class. For starters, they don't have FearRP authority, meaning that if someone is misbehaving, there is nothing that could be done. Additionally, these students would not be paid (similarly to how the council isn't paid, despite the fact they have similar authority to faculty,) meaning that there wouldn't be much of a consequence for producing lessons of poor quality.

In regards to the times where professors or teachers aren't available, this is just an unfortunate aspect of a roleplaying server, as there is never a guarantee that people will always be available to play important roles. If you want to teach classes so that professors are available more frequently, just apply for the role yourself.

SamFlynn82

Level 4
SamFlynn82
SamFlynn82
Rich+
NEUTRAL

As a college student rper, I don't but do like this.

What's wrong with this?!?!?!?
TEACHERS. TEACH. CLASSES. Us college students are NOT qualified for teaching.

What's great?!?!
TEACHING ASSISTANTS
I guess my thought behind teaching is that us college students have passed the exam, thus we should have satisfactory knowledge in order to be able to teach, plus we have our college where we’re learning even more

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Tutors are already able to be assistants in teacher/professors classes, so I dont think its needed nor a good idea for students to do that job

yazure

Level 32
Community Team
Builder
yazure
yazure
Notable
I'm just trying to think of more ways that students can have jobs while still retaining the student role as opposed to being an adult where their only role is their job if that makes sense.
I've seen you've mentioned only college students, but professors are more active than you think, and we're literally forced to join them (as a col student) or we'll have ic concequences if we get caught. we wouldnt have time, and if we did, just a period or two. so since tutors exist they can help the teachers and the students, without any student RPing as faction. Maybe this idea is only for councillors, but idek either.

SamFlynn82

Level 4
SamFlynn82
SamFlynn82
Rich+
I've seen you've mentioned only college students, but professors are more active than you think, and we're literally forced to join them (as a col student) or we'll have ic concequences if we get caught. we wouldnt have time, and if we did, just a period or two. so since tutors exist they can help the teachers and the students, without any student RPing as faction. Maybe this idea is only for councillors, but idek either.
I do like this idea of it being applicable for councilors since students are already supposed to FearRP the council, but I'm not saying so much for all the time, but later at night when the server's activity kind of dies down and there are no high school teachers and maybe one professor online. This is the only instance in which I'd say we should have a go-ahead, like I mentioned too it could be treated as an internship, but I think the other person mentioned earlier in the thread has a much better idea for a system as to this idea.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- You may apply for 'Tutor' which is the same role, but in future we may add something for college students to assist college classes.​

Users who are viewing this thread