mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Study Rooms: A Feedback

eto

Level 15
IGN: flizzier
DATE: 29th April, 2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Over the past few days I have noticed that a new "Spartan" study room has been put on the top floor for all of the College students. However, clearly this is not needed. On the same floor, there is a huge Library that is never used (I am the Library-Manager, so quite frankly I witness this on every shift) with all Librarian spots taken. The Library is supposed to be open to ALL, no matter if you are of High-School or College. The idea of having an inclusive study room diminishes the Library's worth, making our jobs useless as we sit on a floor for two OOC hours per shift with nothing to do. This is the same case for Private-Tutors. They have their own area on the bottom floor where only rarely, people enter to actually get tutoring.

I understand that your wishes are to make the College "prestigious" and "elite" however, this new study room takes away a lot of roleplay experience for myself and my colleagues who enjoy their jobs with special areas that are made for the same purpose as study rooms like the Library or Private-Tutor's room. Promote us more; barely anyone knows where we are situated. That way, both Spartans and Bobcats can truly utilise these areas. Instead of the study room, maybe make it more into a "common room".

I completely agree with what's mentioned.
I find this new room quite unnecessary. There are already multiple places in which students can chill and relax, as well as studying. As it was said, Private Tutoring room and the Library are places that aren't visitted for actual studying, for most of the students who actually come here. From my personal experience, most of the students just come to see around, or just to jump out of the window (which i find useless to have it open).
Besides, I believe that these two places, specially the Library, as its location. was changed to one that's way further than the original location of it. So far, I've only seen a couple of messages promoting these places, yet there's still a great ammount of unawareness amongst school grounds.
Some minutes ago, I went to the college studying room, and apparently, there was an activity involving a murder mystery. Now, I don't mean that college students can't do this, but if one's hosting such event to teach criminality subjects, one should do these in one's classes, since they have 4 periods to do so. In addition to this, I've seen a lack of college classes, yet this event was still hosted.
I wouldn't ask for a direct removal for this area, but instead, make it just another room which could have other purposes, such as informational board, or a collection of annual high school pictures.

eto

Level 15
I find this new room quite unnecessary. There are already multiple places in which students can chill and relax, as well as studying. As it was said, Private Tutoring room and the Library are places that aren't visitted for actual studying, for most of the students who actually come here. From my personal experience, most of the students just come to see around, or just to jump out of the window (which i find useless to have it open).
Besides, I believe that these two places, specially the Library, as its location. was changed to one that's way further than the original location of it. So far, I've only seen a couple of messages promoting these places, yet there's still a great ammount of unawareness amongst school grounds.
Some minutes ago, I went to the college studying room, and apparently, there was an activity involving a murder mystery. Now, I don't mean that college students can't do this, but if one's hosting such event to teach criminality subjects, one should do these in one's classes, since they have 4 periods to do so. In addition to this, I've seen a lack of college classes, yet this event was still hosted.
I wouldn't ask for a direct removal for this area, but instead, make it just another room which could have other purposes, such as informational board, or a collection of annual high school pictures.
Oh definitely! I do not mind having a "Spartan's only" area in the school itself however, the study room concept is completely unnecessary. I know that for myself (I don't know if I can speak on behalf of the Library-Staff for this) the motivation to come online and do my job when no one is interacting with me is hard to find. I believe the unawareness is what led to it being built in the first place.

Xangaji

Level 78
Oh definitely! I do not mind having a "Spartan's only" area in the school itself however, the study room concept is completely unnecessary. I know that for myself (I don't know if I can speak on behalf of the Library-Staff for this) the motivation to come online and do my job when no one is interacting with me is hard to find. I believe the unawareness is what led to it being built in the first place.
Spartan only area sounds a little unfair just for the spartans a study lounge.

Xangaji

Level 78
yeah me too, they were a bit random.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
DENIED

- This thread may be placed as 'DENIED' but that doesn't mean I am denying ALL of it. Your points on the College Study Room makes it sound as if it is taking your 'customers' away. Personally I see no issue in having the room. As College Students must work on WAY different topics and subjects to High-schoolers it only makes sense they have a separate area to be able to study. High-schoolers can also sometimes be disturbing in the library so College Students wish to go to an area they know they can go and relax to finish up on any last minute studying. I am not saying this is what ACTUALLY happens but we have to look at it from the perspective of being an actual active Japanese High school. I understand it may seem unnecessary to have this room due to all the other areas but again, High-school is High-school, College is College.

- On the topic of the Private Tutor Rooms & Library not being used. We can definitely work on that, so I suggest if you REALLY would like the area to be advanced I suggest @'ing me in the Employee Channel to get a discussion going or DM me personally.​

Users who are viewing this thread