mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Subarctica | Event Team Application

Subarctica

Level 6
What is your Minecraft Username:
Subarctica

Describe your activity as a player of the server:

Daily activity: Currently I have a character within the School Faction as a professor. Though the past few months have been shakey due to personal reasons, I am returning back to School Roleplay as now I have more time to devote myself to the community. Given now I am in an up and coming gang roleplay experience, on top of being the head and creator of the Sanbuon families, I'm a lot more active and online more often whether with friends, or out making new ones. A lot of times I find myself in drag races, gang meetings, teaching in my classroom, our out around plaza andother parts of the map. Did I forget to mention how much I orchestrate events within my family for parties, get togethers and other various activities?

Please provide any previous faction applications you have created, whether accepted or denied:
Councillor Application - ACCEPTED
Lawyer Application - ACCEPTED
Professor Application - ACCEPTED (Still within this faction)

Provide your Discord and confirm if you have a microphone:
subarctica (with microphone!)

What is your time zone?:
Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Are you aware that if you are inactive on the team you will be demoted?
Of course!

What is your motivation for joining the Event Team:

Tippie threatened me! Just kidding... Anyways my motivations are quite simple. I see myself as a perfect fit for the team. I know myself to be a person who easily gets along with others and can be easily worked with. The Event Team for me is a lot of future potential to become someone more involved with the community and the evolution of the server! Having been a member of the server for years on the server, I've seen a lot of positive change after events that have taken place both on the School Roleplay Server, and the Event server such as the Zombie Apocalypse, Tornado, Flood and wrecking ball just to name a few. I personally have many ideas that I want to see implimented as well as getting to have a portion to work on when helping others with their ideas and events.

What makes you a suitable event team member:

Time Management:
I am a person that loves getting things done so that there is no stress to rush things to meet the time. My experience in work and the military has told me that I am here to have fun, work is just in the way. Anything done in a timely manor is my forte and I believe shows my commitment to the task and the team. To be early is on time, to be just on time is late and to be late is to be irresponsible.

Positive attitudes:
I always bring a positive attitude to any project I come across. Trying something new is always something I cherish as it expands my view and perspectives so that I can become a better member myself. I am all about growth and I see this as an opportunity to expand and definitely contribute as much as I can to the server and the Event team.

Prior staffing experiences
Though over 7 years ago, I had staff experience on the old server most know to be Mineplex. Though I never made it past the moderator positions, I worked a lot with the development and Event teams which worked closely on your holiday events. This included games such as Halloween Havoc and Christmas Chaos, events such as calendar and server wide games, and to finish it off, the evolution of the lobby tree to include easter eggs (both literally and metaphorically!).

Experience on SRP
I've been off and on SRP many times in the past. This includes seeing the map evolve and change between locations and the overall layouts. Though my involvement in the community has been off and on given friendgroups come and go, I've seen a lot change in the server with the cool events of the past that I feel can be used again. I have a lot of ideas for such for both small and large events that can change the map a bit and keep the community engaged so that it does not feel as though the server is moving at too slow a pace, but not so many events that it is overwhelming and taking away from the RP experience.

Please provide three detailed event suggestions that would work for our server:
1711855285180.png
Event 1: Karakura Comic-Con and Anime-Con (Small Event)
[!] Sounds of anime fights would be coming from the stadium as the convention has begun [!]

Time of Year: Summer Event

Number of Event Team Members needed: 5+

Length of Event: 2-3 oocly hours

Event Start: 16:00 EST

Description of Event:
Small booths where staff members can roleplay as various representatives from popular studios such as Marvel, DC, Ghibli, etc. A stage can be set where a costume competition will be held. Booths will hand out raffle tickets based on the criteria that you have a costume and make a purchase. Various local shops will have booths to sell their goods or anything that is comic or anime related. This should help with their sales. On top of that, there will be music playing via watch2gether as per usual. The music selection will be your more popular anime OST's massaged into party music. This can include J-pop, pop, and etc. After each purchase, a raffle ticket for that specific shop will be given out where the shop owners will draw the numbers and the winner will get a prize or free item/coupon from the shop.

Event Planner:
To start, we have the announcments and the flooding in starts. Of course the KPD will stand guard and give patdowns so that real weapons aren't admitted.

After a majority have entered, everyone will be able to go around to the various shops and buy things before making it towards the main stage where just like the dances, there will be a dance floor in front of a small stage. This will be the main course of the convention. There will be many games and photo booths to play, and this gives way for an event that adults and other non-school roles can also attend.

Towards the middle of the event, the costume judging will begin. This means the various people who have dressed up their characters would be able to enter via a booth near the stage to fill out a google form and secure a place to be judged by a committee who will consist of different faction members on a score they all base out of 10, added up and tallied off.

At the end of the event as the booths start to close up, the raffle tickets will be drawn as the shop owners have used their own method to draw a number and the raffle tickets towards their shop can be redeemed. This will be done on stage as the winners are congradulated and the finale begins.

After the shop raffles, the costume competition will begin and the top 5 will receive money prizes so there that there is more incentive for people to compete and more have a change to win:
1st: 500k Yen
2nd: 350k Yen
3rd: 200K Yen
4th: 100k Yen
5th: 75k Yen
This will conclude the event!

1711855178333.png
Event 2: 6.0 Richter Scale earthquake.. But its not all just what it seems (Large Event)
[!] The ground would begin to violently shake as windows shattered and cracks formed in the earth. The sounds of explosions could be heard from the Powerplant and the shopping district [!]

Time of Year: Anytime of the year

Number of Event Team Members needed: 7+ (For slight map destruction as well)

Length of Event: A few oocly minutes

Event Start: At times of high server population

Description of Event:
Japan sits on the ring of fire and Karakura just so happens to be on the shores for it. However, we have an abandoned powerplant that we know isnt stable, whats left over of HAARP that is not really just all put away and a lot of mountains for a landslide. How will this work? Well around the shopping district where the HAARP is located can be used the area that has been sealed off will be revealed again. This could absolutely lead to another HQ Virus outbreak with the sink hole, a possible radiation leak which will require the Japanese Government will have to step in and send in hazmat teams to come and dome the powerplant off while its being studied. This will give the areas more use especially since they are only used for gangrp and absolutely could be altered a bit to give them a new look.

Deaths and casualties:
Whats a a disaster with some dead or harmed? The hospital members will of course need to be online for this so that for those who become trapped in buildings that are damaged, or fallen into sinkholes will be helped or pronounced dead. This one can involve relatives to certain characters so that there will be city wide mourning.

Aftermath:
The map will look a bit different with the Eden tree in the center of the shopping district being the one thing standing above a sinkhole. As for the Powerplant, the japanese government will commandeer the area and begin to study the ruins and eventually dome it and even remove any left over toxic waste and clean up the area. This will develop a pandemic of radiation sickness around town and stir up more people to be cautious about the town. Similar to Chernobyl, but not rendering Karakura to an uninhabitable wasteland. This could lead to more of the island opening up incase any residencies were replaced. Minor building damage would be visible and another water break in the school!

1711855138857.png
Event 3: Solar Flare (Event Server)
[!] As the sky illuminated with vast colors of blue and green, there would be a sudden failure in all electronics reverting all of Karakura and the rest of the world to the stone age [!]

Time of Year: Summer or any time during periods where the server has high population

Number of Event Team Members needed: 4+

Length of Event: 2-3 oocly weeks of play. Each week is a different portion in the story. (I.e. present day -> 150 years later -> 300 years later)

Event Start: 13:00 EST

Description of Event:
Similar to the TV show Revolution, this will be an event server about a global black out due to a solar flare. For around a week, players would be in a crumbling version of Karakura where the island has been fortified following the combined efforts of Karakura's most powerful families. Though this would be restricted to the school, Police Station and shops behind the school the rest of the map would be a wasteland of what the city once was. Each of the classrooms would be made into different areas where after centuries since the Great Solar Wave of 2024, there would be storages, weapons and other great deals of means to preserve what once was. During the week there would be various challenges for players to do, such as stocking up on gear and ultimately leaving the island as the goal. Not so much as mazerp, but in this instance, getting to the mainland, where more resources would be. Players would play each week as a portion in history as the island shaped from a modern civilization, to warring states and territories, to the eventual fortress and crumbling wastelands of what was once the city we all know today.

Lore/Backstory:
In the year 2024, a the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency detected an abnormal amount of Solar radiation on a collision course for Earth. As the Governments around the world issued their emergency sirens, everything cut off. Cars, phones, lights, everything that relied off electricity shut off all at once. At this time, anarchy across the world took place and Karakura was no exception. Looting, riots and uprising of powerful figures emerged as eventually, the most powerful families of Karakura, Akihito and Saiky banded together to define order in the city through their own martial law. Striking deals with major black marketed weapons from the United States and mainland Japan allowing them to build their own militas and eventually establishing their estates, the school and police station as their marked territory. With the bright minds who once worked on HAARP returning to the island, eventually, small generators could be constructed and lights within the borders of New Kurakura would shine bright. As the times went on, the Akihito and Saiky families ruled under Martial Law, where their words were absolute law. Though this process took nearly 300 years, and seemed that the Japanese government was going to be of no help, so the most influential and most powerful have to step in and do the work themselves.

Playstyle:
In the beginning, players would go about their usual day as citizens around the city as the event took place. The following day, everything would shift to a lack of power as the first instance of the Akihito and Saiky would be their own separate factions and split the map. The next week, we would be at the point of the joint rule where players can be guards, explorers, medics, educators, farmers and soldiers. Other players can elect to be wastelanders and wandering travelers who make a living away from New Karakura City where there are no laws, and can be scavengers, raiders, traders, or even the excommunicated. Staff members would be the members of the Akihito-Saiky royal families.

Roles: all of which can be NPC's to get quests/items from, or players that have jobs to complete
Guards - Those who protect the city from those outcasted to the wasteland. They are incharge of the gates and prevent raiders, excommunicated and scavengers from getting into the community and disrupting the clear dystopia.

Explorers - Those who are permitted to go out into the wasteland and look for things that could be of use to the new civilization. They are usually your resource gatherers and the ones who meet with the traders in the wasteland.

Medics - Medical staff that ensure the health and safety of those in the city.

Educators - Former HAARP workers that are geared towards keeping the lights on.

Farmers - Responsible for feeding the citizens of the new city.

Soldiers - The cities military and police. They are like guards but will often times go out into the wasteland and go to war with those who oppose the new faction. A lot of times, they are your heavy hitters and conduct trainings. Everyone is mandated to have served in the militia where after sometime, you will either be able to retire to another job, or maintain their position. Sometimes your small allied factions around the wasteland such as those of traders and scavengers will often be helped by soldiers in time of need.

Scavengers - Those who elected not to follow the ways of the New Karakura City rules and choose to live outside its borders in peace. Can visit the city under close watch and buy products within. Though could at any point apply to become a citizen, these are your peaceful people who often band together in small factions around the city.

Traders - Your wasteland explorers. These do not have any loyalty to the new city, however, they do trade resources to the city for the currency. Of course its none of ther than bottle caps! So instead of buying like scavengers, they are the ones who supply the city and are most trusted by the heads of the Royal Family.

Ex-communicated - Ex-citizens who violated laws that forced them to be casted away from the city. Though they can be redeemed via returning a bounty of a raider, or by committing to the wasteland and even joining the raiders, this is these are your outcasts and can often referred to as "sinners".

Raiders - Those who chose not to live within the borders due to their dislike of the faction. These are often non-peaceful wasteland dwellers who seek to overthrow the family, steal from the New Karakura City, or cause havoc. They are not allowed in the city and often times have a bounty on them that soldiers can hunt them for. However, they are more accustomed to the wasteland and have a lot more tools at their disposal. Whether in the old crumbling towers, or the dark dank sewers, they build smaller factions in the wasteland and do not take regular people lightly in their territory.

This gives players something else rather than just the regular day-to-day SRP and even can one day evolve into its own server of play.

Additional notes (You may leave this blank):

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Denied
Thank you for your application, unfortunately, we have decided to deny this application. Whilst your application was good, it didn't stand out and we preferred to give other players the chance for the event team! Feel free to reapply next time.

Users who are viewing this thread