Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
IGN:
Love_In_Space & MayoGulper

DATE:
29/07/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

The Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Lanyard as an in-game item. This lanyard originated in the United Kingdom until it spread across the world to places like America and Japan (Although not all countries that do recognise them are listed).

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This will make SRP more inclusive in a way. The sunflower lanyard means the person has a hidden disability and could possibly (not all the time) need extra help or a little bit of space. Yes, this could be added to descriptions but nobody takes that in mind nor really bothers with the sunflower lanyard. These would be available at the Hospital (possibly the front desk at the school or the Town Hall) but, unlike irl, the person will be asked oocly what hidden disability their oc has so people don't just get them, I know they wouldn't get perks for it in game but it kind of just makes someone seem extremely shitty. These would (most probably to keep it realistic) be free of charge as it's kinda shitty to make someone pay for something that shows they're disabled. These items wouldn't be required if your character does have a hidden disability. What's classed as a hidden disability is people who are neurodivergent (Autism, ADHD, PTSD, PoTS, Tourette's, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Anxiety etc.) or people who have asthma are eligible to get one. This would probably be a handheld item but it goes around your neck (kinda like the backpacks but around the neck instead of the back). And let's be honest, most characters are neurodivergent or have a hidden disability.

TO BE ADDED SOON FR

V_Is_Fruity101

Level 114
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
Have you seen SRP Black Friday? Wait until November and go crazy >:) (get a custom for cheap(er)!)
Yeah but this would end up benefitting most of the community and I don't think I can get a custom into the hospital or Town hall or possibly school front office as they aren't shops. Plus, most people probably wont bother spending quite a bit of money (icly and oocly) for something so small

V_Is_Fruity101

Level 114
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
I don't see how this would benefit. -1
Obviously not trying to force an opinion off of you but
This would benefit the (invisibly) disabled ocs/community of Karakura (Pretty much everyone has smth atp if Im honest..) as it kinda shows "Hey, I may need some more time to respond to things" or "Hey, I may need extra help in some places.", it will help in more public buildings like the Town Hall, Hospital and School.

markoos

Level 28
Obviously not trying to force an opinion off of you but
This would benefit the (invisibly) disabled ocs/community of Karakura (Pretty much everyone has smth atp if Im honest..) as it kinda shows "Hey, I may need some more time to respond to things" or "Hey, I may need extra help in some places.", it will help in more public buildings like the Town Hall, Hospital and School.
People would wear it as a fashionable item. There would be many people who don't even know what it is and just wear it anyways. This only benefits a small minority of the server. Again, nobody knows what they are, many teachers or workers wouldn't think anything of it.

V_Is_Fruity101

Level 114
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
People would wear it as a fashionable item. There would be many people who don't even know what it is and just wear it anyways. This only benefits a small minority of the server. Again, nobody knows what they are, many teachers or workers wouldn't think anything of it.
Like stated in post, the person will be asked oocly what hidden disability their oc may have (sure they may lie but that's just shitty). It's not a small minority when p much most of the people I've met icly have like fuckin social anxiety or depression or anxiety or smth like that, trust me, its more "popular" than you think to be neurodivergent. /nm /npa

Neutral to +1 (heavily leaning +1)

I have one irl!!! It's slowly being recognized in more places outside of the uk which could make a good argument for having it on the server (the airport where I live just got training and offers them conveniently after I paid a ton to get one shipped to me lol)
I would be a bit afraid of (mainly greenies) using it improperly and I'd be a tiny bit concerned about how asking for one would go like would u get denied if u don't explain well enough, what would happen if u were denied it but are actually disabled? not saying any staff wouldn't do it properly I've just had 20+ years of people going "u can't be autistic because (insert ridiculous reason here)" so I tend to assume I won't be believed
If it could be implemented well I would be super hyped! It could open the door to other cool accessibility items being added potentially!
I think it would also be a good way to open a conversation around disabilities ic and ooc if that's something the wearer is comfortable with!
Out of curiosity is the suggestion for just the lanyard or the lanyard with the lil card thingy attached too?
(if it doesn't get accepted I'm totally adding it to my skin so rat can have one decorated with pins like I do)

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Yeah but this would end up benefitting most of the community and I don't think I can get a custom into the hospital or Town hall or possibly school front office as they aren't shops. Plus, most people probably wont bother spending quite a bit of money (icly and oocly) for something so small
I hear you can sell customs to shops/hospital!

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
I mean.. it could be only purchasable with an active prescription from a psychologist or doctor?

Users who are viewing this thread