Suggestion | Add Rugby

Hamburger

Level 185
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
IGN: Arocatula
DATE: 2022 - 29 - 3
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I suggest adding rugby to the server and somewhere in the map!
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I have recently searched it up, and saw that rugby is a really popular sport known to play in Japan. I think adding it would give players another sport to play, instead of the other ones that most people always play. Rugby is pretty fun in general, and will give players a whole other possibility for sports!

I am unable to provide a Minecraft-like picture of a rugby field :(

Note: Maybe not in the school because it's known to be kind of rough

1648608474928.png

UPDATE: Things may include certain actions and rolling, since there is some possible wrestling in rugby. Plug-ins may include: A sign popping up when one scores (Like football), and other basic things in the subject of scoring, throwing the ball to one another, and actions known to play rugby with.

Last edited:

Teikko

Level 7
Teikko
Teikko
Notable
I don't know where they would put it, or how they would make a plugin for it, let alone how long it would take, but it could be a fun new sport. But if you have a solution for those things +1

But if as it stands if you don't then -1

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Fourth largest, yet 10th place internationally? Massive L for Japan.

I'm not opposed to the idea of introducing a rugby team to Karakura's lineup, but from your proposal I don't see how it would work. It's most likely possible in some way, though I personally couldn't imagine how it would translate into minecraft while also working with SRP's restrictions. As of right now, I'm neutral until there is more information.

Hamburger

Level 185
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
I don't know where they would put it, or how they would make a plugin for it, let alone how long it would take, but it could be a fun new sport. But if you have a solution for those things +1

But if as it stands if you don't then -1
Fourth largest, yet 10th place internationally? Massive L for Japan.

I'm not opposed to the idea of introducing a rugby team to Karakura's lineup, but from your proposal I don't see how it would work. It's most likely possible in some way, though I personally couldn't imagine how it would translate into minecraft while also working with SRP's restrictions. As of right now, I'm neutral until there is more information.

UPDATE: Things may include certain actions and rolling, since there is some possible wrestling in rugby. Plug-ins may include: A sign popping up when one scores (Like football), and other basic things in the subject of scoring, throwing the ball to one another, and actions known to play rugby with.

ItsLucrator

Level 11
grp3
grp3
Rich+
Neutral

If they find an area to put the rugby field, I think it's a great idea to add plugins. Players are looking for more things to do in SRP and a new plugin might be it. But definitely not in the school, personally I find there are more than enough teams on the server especially if there are two college and two high school teams, due to separating players of the opposite gender. It would also be dangerous if we made it mixed teams!

Hamburger

Level 185
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
Neutral

If they find an area to put the rugby field, I think it's a great idea to add plugins. Players are looking for more things to do in SRP and a new plugin might be it. But definitely not in the school, personally I find there are more than enough teams on the server especially if there are two college and two high school teams, due to separating players of the opposite gender. It would also be dangerous if we made it mixed teams!
Agreed!

Demurity

Level 35

Unfortunately, probably won't happen. Sports plugins are already a big consumer of effort from our developers and plugins and rugby is too similar in the ways that it is played to demanding the space of football fields that it is something that we wouldn't likely want to put time and resources into. Plugin-wise, it would probably be a mix of the current football and basketball plugins which makes it all the more pointless to add considering that you can already gain similar game experience from those sports.

Hamburger

Level 185
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+

Unfortunately, probably won't happen. Sports plugins are already a big consumer of effort from our developers and plugins and rugby is too similar in the ways that it is played to demanding the space of football fields that it is something that we wouldn't likely want to put time and resources into. Plugin-wise, it would probably be a mix of the current football and basketball plugins which makes it all the more pointless to add considering that you can already gain similar game experience from those sports.
I agree, though I suggested similar plug-ins just for the game to be fun, not for game experience... idk :\

Users who are viewing this thread