Level 46
IGN:
ThatDealer

DATE:
30 / 4 / 2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A Bank System Overhaul

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
A bank overhaul would add more realism to the server and make more players use the banking system.
My first suggestion is to add bank interest. To add realism you would get a 1.9% bank interest rate each OOC week, which is one month in ICLY.

My second suggestion is to add a 0.65% withdrawal fee and a 0.50% deposit fee.
Though I think this should only apply to players that have a OOC 24 hours playtime to let new players store their money in the bank with no fees.

My third suggestion is that you should allow one player have two bank accounts at the same time.

This will allow players keep their money in two different sections if they want to separate their money into two different sections for example:

One bank account could be for food.
And the second bank account could be for personal uses.

And my last suggestion is to bring back the old bank.
This way there would be two banks and players could easily access the bank near plaza instead of having to walk all the way to the bank in the Shopping District.
The old bank spot is completely empty other than being penthouses on top of it, it has no use. So it would just make sense to bring back the old bank.

Lizalopod

Level 130
I will say yes, it would be more realistic this way, but currently the banking system works fine enough and was already remade. It's better for the dev team to be working on other stuff, and it's not like the current system is bad

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Sometimes too much realism is too complicated, you’re trying to trade off more complex functions for easier access.

the general ideas are good but I feel like they’re unnecessary for SchoolRP.

There are additions to the bank planned in the future which you can scope on our trello, like a new banking app for the phone.

pashy

Level 183
Really cool ideas but, unnecessary for SchoolRP like Customable said. Not to mention the bank plugin have been having alot of issues and bugs I don't think it'd be helpful at all adding more new things into it but bring back few bugs or create few new ones. It's a shame because the idea is very cool and smart!

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
-1 / +0.25
for the 2 first ideas I have to disagree, but letting 2 people have the same account will be cool(e.g for a married couple)

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

As much as I'd like to realism in the bank system, SRP itself isn't realistic enough for this. If we want to update the bank system to be ultra-realistic, it'd only be right to change everything.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied

- Due to the current inflation with the economy, getting interest on your money would only cause more problems.​
- Withdrawal and deposit fees will make it less common for players to want to use the bank.​

Users who are viewing this thread