Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
IGN: Oliverium
DATE: 9-22-22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Add fish to bodies of water on SRP (ocean mainly)
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
The ocean in Karakura is fairly bare. It has some underwater sand hills and kelp along with boats, but it would be more lively with fish. The fish would be unkillable NPCs. This can have many benefits. First off, it can enhance people's RP quality. Goggles and masks can actually be used to snorkel, seeing the vast wildlife. It will make the ocean more lively and attract people. Second off, I have played SRP regularly for more than a year now, and the only ocean related animal whitelists I've seen (outside of events) are one. And even they don't come online much. Adding fish will allow for the dolphin and fish whitelist to be used (and bought) more often. The fish themselves can just be cod (and salmon?), since it would be most realistic. The ocean itself can be improved, and I think adding some fish can add life and interest to it.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Lag
verb

Lag is a slang term for a noticeable decrease in application speed, due to extreme network congestion or insufficient processing power. When traffic is heavier than network capacity, the network requires that a program wait before sending or receiving data.

okay but in all seriousness! This could potentially cause a lot of lag. While it could be tested perhaps, i dont think it would really add that much.

Neutral

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Lag
verb

Lag is a slang term for a noticeable decrease in application speed, due to extreme network congestion or insufficient processing power. When traffic is heavier than network capacity, the network requires that a program wait before sending or receiving data.

okay but in all seriousness! This could potentially cause a lot of lag. While it could be tested perhaps, i dont think it would really add that much.

Neutral
Never thought of that, but I was thinking more of a small amount (maybe 10?), just enough for people to notice but not enough to affect it too much. But now that you mention it it may not be as good of an idea as I thought.

philbertman42

Level 136
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Adding fish will allow for the dolphin and fish whitelist to be used (and bought) more often.
People don't buy and use aquatic animal whitelists because they aren't fun to play. The novelty of being certain animals (such as a bee, snail, or fish) wears off quickly once you realize there isn't anything interesting you can do with them roleplay-wise. People would especially avoid buying these whitelists if actual fish NPCs were added, because what's the point of being a fish if there are already fish in the ocean?

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I honestly like this idea! It'd be neat to go swimming and see a few fish and dolphins around (not an excessive amount, I'd say about 10-20 max to prevent any sort of serious lag issue). Due to people not really utilizing the fish whitelist I agree that the ocean is quite bare. It'll be nice to see some fish NPC's swimming around just like the NPC's on the beach. It'll make the ocean significantly more entertaining and possibly create room for future events!

+1 for me, I'd like to see it on the server.

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Lag
verb

Neutral
I don't believe it will cause any sort of lag if at all. SRP has loads of NPC's, adding about 10-20 fish NPC's in the ocean will not harm the server. As you said, "a noticeable decrease in application speed, due to extreme network congestion or insufficient processing power." Roleplay Hub's servers have a great amount of processing power and can handle a lot more than what it's currently taking on. Even if it cannot, RPH can also afford upgrades within their servers.

That said, lag wouldn't be a problem if implemented properly.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
I don't believe it will cause any sort of lag if at all. SRP has loads of NPC's, adding about 10-20 fish NPC's in the ocean will not harm the server. As you said, "a noticeable decrease in application speed, due to extreme network congestion or insufficient processing power." Roleplay Hub's servers have a great amount of processing power and can handle a lot more than what it's currently taking on. Even if it cannot, RPH can also afford upgrades within their servers.

i'm pretty sure they get hosting for free and wouldn't want to detriment that deal for something as silly as a few npc fish.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Lag
verb

Neutral
But fish ):

DarkEclipic

Level 157
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
Neutral

I can understand like a few fish in like some of the ponds by plaza or even up at the shrine. maybe in the ocean you can add more like, a coral reef

Lizalopod

Level 130

Tbh you might be right, but it's probably something that should be atleast tested to make sure it doesn't cause any lag. It would be very cool to have fish and dolphins

fuwwa

Level 21
fuwwa
fuwwa
Rich
anything that adds life to an otherwise static world ( excluding players )
is a huge bonus . another layer of dynamic movement would be pretty
cool from an aesthetical standpoint ; but lag is for sure a factor to keep
in mind ( like what has been already spoken for ) ! ! ! ◟꒰◍ ´꒳` ◍꒱ +1

Users who are viewing this thread