players online

Suggestion for a Lite Resource Pack

NoahUT

Level 1
YoCarWrecked2002
YoCarWrecked2002
IGN: COLORCHROME or YoCarWrecked2002
DATE: 5/30/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I want to suggest a lite resource pack for those whose computers cannot handle the current one even when upgrading the MC ram.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I think it would benefit the server by giving members who have extreme lag or cannot log onto the server due to the resource pack because it's too big (like me, I play Java on a linux-powered chromebook and have to play resource pack-less a lot of the time unless I'm on my home PC) - even when they try to scale up their ram in the version settings - a way to finally play correctly. There would also be a possibility of getting more of a good reputation because of this. Another thing is that surprisingly, chromebooks don't handle versions past 1.19 well, and usually versions like 1.13 will crash when launched.

Customable

Level 139
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
How would you suggest making the resource pack lite?

anything specificly?

NoahUT

Level 1
YoCarWrecked2002
YoCarWrecked2002
Generally make things have less ram usage, and possibly if you can, less lag.
Like, maybe somehow toning down the custom models(?) and possibly leaving the chairs as stairs (for less lag and less ram usage). Also including the time and stuff, but we have a /balance so we can use that. I'm not the best with this stuff, but I think hard work for this would be worth it!

Customable

Level 139
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Like, maybe somehow toning down the custom models(?) and possibly leaving the chairs as stairs (for less lag). Also including the time and stuff, but we have a /balance so we can use that. I'm not the best with this stuff, but I think hard work for this would be worth it!
Not possible, custom items are the items people payed for, to alter them for a lite pack, we would have to do it for over 10,000+ items, that’s not an exaggeration.

the way we model customs as it is, is already optimised as much as possible, and the furniture we have now are also custom models with a furniture plugin.

As nice as it would be, there’s no physically mass response we can perform without restart the entire resource pack In full to make this version of the pack.

NoahUT

Level 1
YoCarWrecked2002
YoCarWrecked2002
Oh, well, I just gave an idea, theres plenty more things that can be done I'm sure, though I'm not the best at explaining, so please don't mind me. ^^'

Lizalopod

Level 130
IGN: COLORCHROME or YoCarWrecked2002
DATE: 5/30/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I want to suggest a lite resource pack for those whose computers cannot handle the current one even when upgrading the MC ram.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I think it would benefit the server by giving members who have extreme lag or cannot log onto the server due to the resource pack because it's too big (like me, I play Java on a linux-powered chromebook and have to play resource pack-less a lot of the time unless I'm on my home PC) - even when they try to scale up their ram in the version settings - a way to finally play correctly. There would also be a possibility of getting more of a good reputation because of this. Another thing is that surprisingly, chromebooks don't handle versions past 1.19 well, and usually versions like 1.13 will crash when launched.
While this probably isnt possible since we have so many customs. we are actively working on remaking the older and HORRIBLY OPTIMIZED cubik (ew) and old block bench models into much simpler MC style models. Its going to take some time, but we have already remade a ton.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to implement it.

- We will be doing this in the near future! You can expect the smaller pack to contain the following:​
- Items used/seen within the last 30 days
- Public Items, Vehicles, and Furniture
- Image assets, including rank prefixes​

Users who are viewing this thread