dorian

Level 11
hotwiring
hotwiring
Rich
IGN: hotwiring
DATE: 12/31/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
You're able to set your emote colors with the /emotecolor command, but you'll still have to have your color code copied if you wish to write any actions after a color change. I wanted to suggest that, in place of &r being used to set back to white, it should instead set back to one's set emote color. This would completely negate the need to have your emote copied/saved in any manner. Using &f already sets one's color back to white, so there'd be no issue there.
Another thing that could be done is what's done with those who don't have a rank/role. After using a quotation mark, the color code would be set back to someone's set emote color, like what's done with the switch between white and yellow for the actions of the rankless. Yippie.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: It'd just make roleplaying a lot swifter. No need to go searching for emote colors when all you've got to do is pop a quick &r in there and have it set back to what you're looking for. I'm all for the ease of convenience.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
+1
don't see why not, even though I don't actually use &r at all, rather the color code itself, but i know other people do use it so ya

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
+1 Having to recopy my color code each time gets tedious. Though I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement

robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
+1, definitely.

In addition, it would also be cool for the actions in regular speech ("TEXT" *He did something* "TEXT") to default to the chosen emote color, too.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
I believe we had this idea when the plugin was implemented but if I'm not wrong it wasn't possible to do.

But if there is a way to do that +1

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to implement it.

- This has since been implemented. As &r is commonly used for other purposes, we've made our own colour code you may use in chat &u, simply put it in front of your action and it'll parse your saved emote colour.​

Users who are viewing this thread