HunterHampter

Level 65
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
IGN: HampterHunter / HunterHampter

DATE: 05/11/2022 (D/M/Y) - 11/05/2022 (M/D/Y)

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

An In-Character Radio FM, that is Player Runs and acts like The existing radio system on SRP for certain Factions, Only toggle-able and channel can switched from different Radio Channels through an IC Phone.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I believe SRP if you have nothing to do feels... dead and quiet, Adding an IC Radio, you can listen in on an IC Chatter, Broadcast, Public IC Discussion and even take part by calling the Radio Station adds more... Life to SRP, Of course this is not forcefully shown in your Chat, You can Toggle this on and off from an IC Phone by opening the Radio FM Application and toggling the Radio Off, and it allows for different kinds of Radio Channels and Broadcast with different focus and topics, Plus bringing a potential Life News Broadcast via Radio.

How does this works? (System Suggestion):
We already have a Radio System for Faculty, EMS and KPD, I'm sure we can re-use that system again for this Radio FM System, People who tunes in cannot talk into the Radio Channel's Broadcast, but the Chat can be seen, and in the Radio Station (If we're going that far) everyone in there may have a Radio Item to partake in the Broadcast if it's On-Air.

You can Toggle this on and off from an IC Phone by opening the Radio FM Application and toggling the Radio On or Off, kind of like /ooc

Why is this a potentially good Addition?:

This Allows for Something Small but Impactful to IC Atmosphere, listening to Radio in the Morning or Evening, as you enjoy your stay in Karakura listening to different Radio Channels talking about different things, one could talk about Political Status of the Town, one can speak about Bobcats v Spartans, and some can even talk about other things, and it is a Good Idea based on my survey In-game in OOC Chat, This may also be expanded more into Radio Custom Block, where right clicking the block will open up a menu for choosing Radio Channel and toggling it. (The Broadcast for Radio Block can be dependent on it's own User, OR if we're going for realism for a Radio placed inside of Apartments, or Public Hangout place, It emits a Chat kinda like a Player's with it's own range and etc.

Summary:

A Working Radio FM on your Phone and optionally a Working Radio Block that allows you to tune in to Player-ran Radio Channel, that can talk about Recent News in Karakura, Musics, or even School Radio Channels that talks about the Rivalry between Bobcats and Spartans, The Radio works like the existing Radio System/Call system, but only a bearer of a certain item that allows them to talk in that Radio Channel can speak, that means only the Radio Host and whoever Guests is available on-Air, This will benefit SRP in having a Bit more Atmosphere to it, makes it feel more alive where people tune in on Radio while they go about their days, listening about recent news, or their interests.

This is a Brief Suggestion, but will be Updated if needed.

Last edited:

Luxid

Level 19
Community Team
Builder
LuxidDream
LuxidDream
Notable+
+1
I could see journalist roles using this aswell for minor news on specific channels. I like it :)

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1 This could add onto the reporter and journalist roles! Allowing them to just cover minor news in a radio/podcast format.

My only issue with it is that it could spam chat but it is a neat idea in my opinion

atjayy

Level 29
phvntombride
phvntombride
Omega+
+1
this seems really cool, i like the idea of it.

i feel like this would work really well with a live radio talk show as well (if that even made sense lol)

HunterHampter

Level 65
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
+1 This could add onto the reporter and journalist roles! Allowing them to just cover minor news in a radio/podcast format.

My only issue with it is that it could spam chat but it is a neat idea in my opinion
thats where the Toggle Radio on/off comes in!

kustomzero

Level 132
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
+1 This is a cool idea. I love the concept and ideas you have. It'd also bring people together who may be bored a lot or have no motivation to do anything. Imagine a Ghost Podcast for the people who experienced the Spirits back in October O-o.

HunterHampter

Level 65
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
Updated:

Made it more presentable and easy to understand... I think

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
+1

PLEASE I WANNA DO THIS SO BAD IT'S SO FUN BUT I'M TOO LAZY TO MAKE A THING ON THE FORUMS PLEASE

o_o_o_f

Level 7
meloqzn
meloqzn
Fundraiser+

I love the idea but personally, I just can't see how it would work. Can't be bothered writing why I disagree but some brief reasons are;

1) I don't see how more messages in chat (regardless if you can toggle or not) will "bring more life to SRP". If you're bored on SRP, go find something to do like playing something else, or doing something else in SRP, listening to other people talk in a radio chat will not necessarily fix your "I believe SRP feels dead & quiet if you have nothing to do" issue.

2) I can imagine the whole functionality of this system to be a bit.. eh. Sure, you can make the radio toggle-able all you want but hypothetically speaking, it's still going to spam the chat obnoxiously once you have it on and it's being actively spoken in. What are you going to do if the supposed radio hosts are offline? How do you know when they become online? You also said you could use this radio to talk about the political status, the bobcats vs spartan, but do you really need a radio for these kind of topics? Not really.

HunterHampter

Level 65
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable

I love the idea but personally, I just can't see how it would work. Can't be bothered writing why I disagree but some brief reasons are;

1) I don't see how more messages in chat (regardless if you can toggle or not) will "bring more life to SRP". If you're bored on SRP, go find something to do like playing something else, or doing something else in SRP, listening to other people talk in a radio chat will not necessarily fix your "I believe SRP feels dead & quiet if you have nothing to do" issue.

2) I can imagine the whole functionality of this system to be a bit.. eh. Sure, you can make the radio toggle-able all you want but hypothetically speaking, it's still going to spam the chat obnoxiously once you have it on and it's being actively spoken in. What are you going to do if the supposed radio hosts are offline? How do you know when they become online? You also said you could use this radio to talk about the political status, the bobcats vs spartan, but do you really need a radio for these kind of topics? Not really.
> o_o_o_f

The idea is being able to tune in on the latest news, entertainment, discussion, etc.
The chat spam will not be obnoxious, this is not OOC, not everyone can speak on it, Only the Radio Host and whatever Guest they have, of course spamming will be enforced, hell maybe one radio will just play music only.

+1

So this is basically just OOC but it's in character . . I can only imagine the things people are going to say on it.
> Caxan

The difference is, everyone can talk in OOC, while Radio FM can only have the Radio Host and whatever guest they currently have on-air to speak.

Kurooo__

Level 62
Kurooo__
Kurooo__
Omega
IGN: HampterHunter / HunterHampter

DATE: 05/11/2022 (D/M/Y) - 11/05/2022 (M/D/Y)

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

An In-Character Radio FM, that is Player Runs and acts like The existing radio system on SRP for certain Factions, Only toggle-able and channel can switched from different Radio Channels through an IC Phone.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I believe SRP if you have nothing to do feels... dead and quiet, Adding an IC Radio, you can listen in on an IC Chatter, Broadcast, Public IC Discussion and even take part by calling the Radio Station adds more... Life to SRP, Of course this is not forcefully shown in your Chat, You can Toggle this on and off from an IC Phone by opening the Radio FM Application and toggling the Radio Off, and it allows for different kinds of Radio Channels and Broadcast with different focus and topics, Plus bringing a potential Life News Broadcast via Radio.

How does this works? (System Suggestion):
We already have a Radio System for Faculty, EMS and KPD, I'm sure we can re-use that system again for this Radio FM System, People who tunes in cannot talk into the Radio Channel's Broadcast, but the Chat can be seen, and in the Radio Station (If we're going that far) everyone in there may have a Radio Item to partake in the Broadcast if it's On-Air.

You can Toggle this on and off from an IC Phone by opening the Radio FM Application and toggling the Radio On or Off, kind of like /ooc

Why is this a potentially good Addition?:

This Allows for Something Small but Impactful to IC Atmosphere, listening to Radio in the Morning or Evening, as you enjoy your stay in Karakura listening to different Radio Channels talking about different things, one could talk about Political Status of the Town, one can speak about Bobcats v Spartans, and some can even talk about other things, and it is a Good Idea based on my survey In-game in OOC Chat, This may also be expanded more into Radio Custom Block, where right clicking the block will open up a menu for choosing Radio Channel and toggling it. (The Broadcast for Radio Block can be dependent on it's own User, OR if we're going for realism for a Radio placed inside of Apartments, or Public Hangout place, It emits a Chat kinda like a Player's with it's own range and etc.

Summary:

A Working Radio FM on your Phone and optionally a Working Radio Block that allows you to tune in to Player-ran Radio Channel, that can talk about Recent News in Karakura, Musics, or even School Radio Channels that talks about the Rivalry between Bobcats and Spartans, The Radio works like the existing Radio System/Call system, but only a bearer of a certain item that allows them to talk in that Radio Channel can speak, that means only the Radio Host and whoever Guests is available on-Air, This will benefit SRP in having a Bit more Atmosphere to it, makes it feel more alive where people tune in on Radio while they go about their days, listening about recent news, or their interests.

This is a Brief Suggestion, but will be Updated if needed.
+1 This would be fucking awesome and i'd be down to just talk about random shit with ya :D

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+

JUST SAYING UMEDA KAME AND KAZUO DELUCE ONRAIN PODCAST COMING SOON!!!

Karven

Level 6
h0p3c0r3
h0p3c0r3
Omega+
+1 I see this as beneficial for people who can't keep up with discord announcements.

Users who are viewing this thread