wes

Level 4
wesnt
wesnt
Rich
IGN: wesnt
DATE: August 10, 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I previously made a suggestion solely about adding a new train station, which you can read about here. However, I would like to include a bus stop in addition to it. A bus stop is definitely achievable with the spacing and size of the city, and it fits much more into this ‘small town’ vibe that the map is looking for.
A bus was already previously used before to bring people to the sports events, so we know it is possible.

I would like to suggest two ways of implementing a bus station with working buses.
In this idea, we work with the concept of a bus that is a set building; it does not move, it works only through signs (as used by the current subway system).
However, you would only be able to warp to other nearby stations, as opposed to the subway system allowing you to be able to warp a further distance. This means players would have to go through multiple stations at a time if they wish to get much distance.
This idea works if people are willing to make room in the streets for a bus built to the side of some streets, which a good amount of people may not be so enthusiastic about. However, this is a lot easier to do than the idea below.
1660150942578.png
(Above is a concept of what a stationary bus could look like on the street.)

This works mainly if a bus vehicle is implemented in the server; it would have a designated driver with a designated route (being the bus stations as seen above) and a number of seats in the actual vehicle.
Say this works the way a normal city bus would; they make their way to the city-set stops during a certain timeframe of the day.
This idea works to create a new role within the server; possibly [Bus Driver] or just [Driver], which I assume would fall under the ‘City Positions’ category and will be overseen by the ‘Mayor’ or ‘Deputy Mayor’ role. This idea also eliminates the possible clutter of a stationary bus build, which would take up more space than just a bus stop with a moving vehicle.
1660150787738.png
(Above is an example of what a city bus model would potentially look like.)

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Again, this idea is not something I would consider essential, but it is another way to make the city feel more alive and busy.
The implementation of a bus stop also allows the choice of setting more locations to be able to warp to, as the current subway station only allows warping to 3 places.
Not to mention if newer players see this huge bus driving around, they would be inclined to explore possibly on their own or with the bus. It unknowingly gives them a tour of the map. Also the concept of a bus stop using actual Japanese bus stops is totally doable, since they are nothing more than a bench and maybe a compact glass case as seen below.

bus stop.jpg
(Above is an example of a Japanese bus stop usually used in cities.)

Last edited:

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
It’s a nice idea but we have to consider the fact we have players driving on this server, added busses which was a concept we’ve tried before, gets in the way of that

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Buses. Once upon a time there was indeed buses in the game, they got removed due to the fact that they 1. took up unneeded space on the map 2. had no reason to be there 3. weren't even fully functional for awhile. While it's a nice idea, like the train suggestion it would simply be too much to add to Karakura and the extra items aren't needed. There is no room on the streets, and even if there was, barely anyone would use the buses. The train-stations are very convenient, don't need buses that will not likely be used too.
It’s a nice idea but we have to consider the fact we have players driving on this server, added busses which was a concept we’ve tried before, gets in the way of that
This too.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Buses. Once upon a time there was indeed buses in the game, they got removed due to the fact that they 1. took up unneeded space on the map 2. had no reason to be there 3. weren't even fully functional for awhile. While it's a nice idea, like the train suggestion it would simply be too much to add to Karakura and the extra items aren't needed. There is no room on the streets, and even if there was, barely anyone would use the buses. The train-stations are very convenient, don't need buses that will not likely be used too.

This too.

they never functioned. the reason they were initially added was the owner Ryanark was planning on building an extension to the map available via bus (that was eventually cancelled), think something similar for the most recent case

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
they never functioned. the reason they were initially added was the owner Ryanark was planning on building an extension to the map available via bus (that was eventually cancelled), think something similar for the most recent case
Gotcha

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
theres no need an actual role, maybe only npc. . .but I want a bus. not everyone can pay 60 dollar for a car. Bus will be way more helpful than the train as there're only 3.
So. +1

robinzee

Level 24
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I’d love for something like a player-operated bus-iness (get it?) to be a thing. It would expand roleplay opportunities, and I’m always all for suggestions that do that.

I feel that the stationary bus idea would simply take up space just for it to be what would practically be a second subway system.

+1!

P.S. I feel like arguing ‘Not really needed’ isn’t a great way to decide on what should and shouldn’t be added.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
I think teleportation sign operated buses (exactly like how the trains are done) are a really easy thing to make, and it's just a cute idea. There's a lot of areas the trains don't cover so I feel like they'd fit quite seamlessly anyways.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your feedback!

- The subway can take you to almost all sides of the map, so overall nothing is too far of a walk. As Customable mentioned above, this can also be quite annoying for drivers.​

Users who are viewing this thread