Suggestion | qbigail

qbigail

Level 77
IGN:
qbigail
DATE:
22/03/2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A limitation for the amount of in-character families that players can be in.

I find it quite odd that many players are in multiple families at once. It's quite annoying to read RP Names when the whole name looks like the alphabet. Realistically, you're in one family. I don't see how any lore can match up that would allow players to have at least more than two surnames. Of course, some people do have hyphenated surnames, for example Novak-Zen [character name credits to @crea].

I think that there should be some sort of limitation added that states that players can be in a small amount of families, for example three at most. Of course, people will have combatting arguments to this situation. Hence, this is my personal opinion. I don't really think there is a need for more than two families- it just doesn't make sense. You don't re people that are adopted into multiple families.

As well as the unrealism, this family system could also possibly be abused to pass KPS, MAPS or Mug Perms. By being in multiple families, there is the possibility that several people could result with KPS on you instead of just a singular person that you had an encounter with.

NOTE: I AM UNSURE AS TO WHETHER PREVIOUS SUGGESTIONS HAVE BEEN MADE ON THIS TOPIC.

[IMAGES IF ANY]

Thank you for reading my suggestion.

Last edited:

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
As well as the unrealism, this family system could also possibly be abused to pass KPS, MAPS or Mug Perms. By being in multiple families, there is the possibility that several people could result with KPS on you instead of just a singular person that you had an encounter with.

I dont think I've ever heard or witnessed this happen. Though whether or not you're in a family, this can easily happen with gangs as well. Doesn't make much of a difference.

With the whole family limit, at first, I was like eh, let people be and do what they want but the number of letters I would see in names would be so ridiculous it's honestly laughable. Though I do think families make this a rule/can make this a rule personally themselves. Most families are not under staff direction, mainly player-based so they try not to meddle into things like this. If people want to be in multiple families then I guess you just have to ignore it. I personally don't like seeing the mass initials in people's names but that has nothing to do with me whether or not the lore side of it makes sense.

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich

We shouldn't really limit how many families someone is in/limit what one can do on the server. If they want to be in 20 families, then let them do it. Instead, maybe add a rule where your RP name can only include Three names to make RP names readable and actually writable for things like tests and others. So if you're name is John David Michael Kevin Paul Heather Ian O'Shea , you'd have to shorten your name to something like John O'Shea or something like that. Just not include every name (i.e. John D. M. K. P. H. I. O'Shea).

Last edited:

Laur

Level 39

I’ll have to disagree even though I was in about four families and limited down to about three, I don’t think this affects RP really in a way. Let people do what they want, it doesn’t harm anyone OOCly or ICly.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1

Not a limit on how many I just think all families should be treated like AN ACTUAL BIOLOGICAL FAMILY rather then a gang like 99% of the current families do.

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
-1 It's families, on a roleplay server. Let people join a hundred of what they want. There really is not a point in restricting the number of families one can join.

pashy

Level 183
+1

I agree.

I hate how unrealistic family names are. Not only the names, but as well your character it self that's in a lot of families.

You come to me telling me the first letter is for your family that dumped you, the second and third are adopting families???? When you get adopted your family name changes. . . And you won't get adopted by two families

I mean. . . Two aren't enough? They are.​

Laur

Level 39
After even more thinking I’m a bit neutral but still on the -1 side.

As HighlightedTwin stated, most families are not completely under staff direction. (unless being used as a gang and it seems suspicious.) Leading to a self conclusion that this is not a staff issue. If you see someone’s family being used for a gang and solely to cover up the fact that it is a gang, you may bring it up with a staff member. A few character’s unrealistic lore shouldn’t matter because you aren’t the one owning their character. This doesn’t harm anyone as I said and is more of a ‘personal’ issue.

Yes it doesn’t make sense, but this is Minecraft. In SRP not all real life principles are supposed to be taken into account. Yes, the server is supposed to be somewhat realistic, but this is probably one that you can bend. Jimmy said that we should limit how many family names you can have in your RPname, which I believe is a better solution to this. Don’t limit other people’s families, just limit the amount of family names they can have in their RPname.

Nijvzz

Level 6
IGN:
qbigail
DATE:
22/03/2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A limitation for the amount of in-character families that players can be in.

I find it quite odd that many players are in multiple families at once. It's quite annoying to read RP Names when the whole name looks like the alphabet. Realistically, you're in one family. I don't see how any lore can match up that would allow players to have at least more than two surnames. Of course, some people do have hyphenated surnames, for example Novak-Zen [character name credits to @crea].

I think that there should be some sort of limitation added that states that players can be in a small amount of families, for example three at most. Of course, people will have combatting arguments to this situation. Hence, this is my personal opinion. I don't really think there is a need for more than two families- it just doesn't make sense. You don't re people that are adopted into multiple families.

NOTE: I AM UNSURE AS TO WHETHER PREVIOUS SUGGESTIONS HAVE BEEN MADE ON THIS TOPIC.

[IMAGES IF ANY]

Thank you for reading my suggestion.

+1

Nice, it isn't realistic when someone is in 5 or more families. It annoys me tbh

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
+1

it isnt even possible for a single human being to be in more than 2 families (probably through parent seperation or something) if it's more than three, their mum has ssomething goin on i guess

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
You lot emphasizing realism towards families do realize that this makes up a majority of the server. Families have to be one of the biggest foundations in one way or another. It is a Minecraft server, realism is not going to be applied in every way plausible. Limiting the number of how many letters you can have in your RP-NAME is one thing but limiting the amount that one can join is over-the-top, at least in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread