YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
IGN:
YonioTheNacho / NachoRP
DATE:
27/09/2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Basically, the change I'd like to see in SRP is to make aspirins not require prescription. It is not realistic that you can get jailed for around a month for possessing one of them without prescription when, irl, in every pharmacy, aspirins are part of an essential set of meds. And no, they are not illegal to have without prescription. They may cost more if you buy them without it, but they are not forbidden, as can be seen here.

It is highly unrealistic that you can get in jail for having ONE of them, without a prescription which, as I said before, is not required in real life
Any additional images:
The one shown above​

Berttieee

Level 36
Considering this is a Hospital related suggestion, I might as well reply to this. Even though Aspirin is not illegal in real life, a lot of people on SchoolRP try to overdose on this. They also sell this a lot to other people without using the pharmacy and a lot of medication is also sold on the auction house, which is against the rules anyway.

For example, Birth Control is the most popular medication on the server, I often see 2-3 Birth Control on the auction house each day, if we were to add Aspirin to the "non-prescription" section then more medication will be on the auction house. We will end up with 2-3 Birth Control AND 2-3 Aspirin on there; the Hospital staff as a whole do not want that.

Aspirin is not hard to get a prescription for, so just roleplay out a situation to get it. This is a roleplay server; so don't be lazy and go crazy! (lol)

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Considering this is a Hospital related suggestion, I might as well reply to this. Even though Aspirin is not illegal in real life, a lot of people on SchoolRP try to overdose on this. They also sell this a lot to other people without using the pharmacy and a lot of medication is also sold on the auction house, which is against the rules anyway.

For example, Birth Control is the most popular medication on the server, I often see 2-3 Birth Control on the auction house each day, if we were to add Aspirin to the "non-prescription" section then more medication will be on the auction house. We will end up with 2-3 Birth Control AND 2-3 Aspirin on there; the Hospital staff as a whole do not want that.

Aspirin is not hard to get a prescription for, so just roleplay out a situation to get it. This is a roleplay server; so don't be lazy and go crazy! (lol)
I agree with all of Birti's point, in particular suicide, the IC reason that it needs a prescription is due to the high suicide ratio in Karakura, it serves a proper IC purpose for needing a prescription.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
I believe that you have a point. However, from the experience I have, roleplayers tend to use other ways to get rid of their characters (e.g. jumping off a building, stabbing themselves, etc.). I have barely seen any RP character use these meds to reach that point. Furthermore, there are other pills without prescription that could also serve the same purpose as aspirins. I just find it really stupid that you can get arrested for an IC month for having ONE aspirin without prescription.

Edit : People who want to make their character commit suicide, do so by jumping off a building. Little to no players are going to bother spending money on something they can do without spending money (Jumping off a building, drowning, etc.)

Berttieee

Level 36
I believe that you have a point. However, from the experience I have, roleplayers tend to use other ways to get rid of their characters (e.g. jumping off a building, stabbing themselves, etc.). I have barely seen any RP character use these meds to reach that point. Furthermore, there are other pills without prescription that could also serve the same purpose as aspirins. I just find it really stupid that you can get arrested for an IC month for having ONE aspirin without prescription.

Edit : People who want to make their character commit suicide, do so by jumping off a building. Little to no players are going to bother spending money on something they can do without spending money (Jumping off a building, drowning, etc.)
Then make a suggestion to the KPD about their sentence guidelines. You are also disregarding the other points I made

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Regarding your point of the auction house, you're involving IC stuff into OOC things. I don't find it necessary to ICly partially remove something due to OOC reasons. It's the same thing as saying that, due to the fact that students don't FearRP, they're now OOCly forbidden from CombatRPing in school grounds, if you get my point.

Also, you did not reply to my point regarding the amount of people ICly overdosing themselves.

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
dude what they mean it's tasking oocly n icly to remove it

icly- wowza suicide cases are horrendous here, they usually overdose on asprins, better If we give them prescripppptions

oocly- oh my gawd, stop selling medication in ah, we already have birth control there stawp

Users who are viewing this thread