Suggestion | Regarding Customs

BearDucky

Level 33
BearDucky
BearDucky
Rich+
IGN:
BearDucky

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE:
12/25/21 (25/12/21)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

More staff that may control custom slots, I believe in all fairness Mike is not able to handle all the custom requests in DM's. I do not wish to be rude to Mike in anyway shape or form but everyone is busy and Mike taking about 5-30 or how many custom are ordered and having to process them threw discord, I believe Custom 3D Modeller's should have like a tailoring system where a Modeller may have [0/5] for example next to their name to show how many customs they have done. Also making it easier for 3D Modeller's they should only be maxed out at 5 models at least as when someone buys 5 slots they may be spread across making 2 of the modellers [5/5] and have orders completed, and as normal when the custom is completed the person would be informed as usual. As well as modellers stating if they can do vehicles or not on a profile like thing.
My second point is that Mike is often busy and unable to DM, maybe having a opposite or distance time apart time zone Staff also controlling custom slots as well. Especially since many people may not be on around about the time that Mike is on or active. What I'm trying to say is that at least one more or possibly even more staff should be able to control custom slots as it seems to be that one staff member can't control and focus on all purchases at once. Even now many people are buying customs since it is Christmas, I have spoke to people who have not go their custom for at least a few months now, as I said I'm not here too tell Mike he is doing a bad job, I'm writing this to try provide a helpful a possibly even liked idea.
The few responses I think this may get is that staff may already be busy with other stuff but maybe even creating a trust team of people who can possibly control the management of customs that are bought, such as the title/role as [Custom-Management] at which people may DM the Management team about there customs. When completed threw this process the management team may send the completed models / name of the custom and model, then Mike can add in the model to the pack instead of having to do all the work of going threw multiple DMs and being unable to answer for days if not weeks.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This will benefit mainly the people who buy customs as I said I have spoken to multiple people who haven't received their customs for months, this would benefit both Mike and the community as it would have release customs on the due date such as new customs being added every 2 weeks instead of singular customs being added. This would included peoples models and possible SRP models in general. It would also make people much more satisfied with the reassurance that they will be given the custom within the estimated/told amount of time, this roughly being around 2-3 or possibly 4 weeks at most.
But I also believe many of the models that could come out faster could be done much easier if the person in charge is not one singular person, but multiple people creating it much more efficient and fast production time. I know many people wont like this idea but it is a suggestion made that may help people who have bought customs and not received them within weeks.
Lastly as I said I do not mean to say Mike is bad at anything, but I only say this as I believe Mike works way to much and not always available, I think this would instead take some weight off Mike's shoulders.​

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
+1 I think

I remember buying a few customs previously. My only complaint was how one of the customs was passed around and I wasn’t informed of that. Meaning I had to go from modeler to modeler then back to Mike to see who was making the model. People probably don’t get their customs for months because they either A. Don’t hunt down the modeler who’s doing it and ask for an update, B. The modelers are all busy doing models that’s been requested way before theirs, or C. The modeler who has their request is busy with irl stuff. Regardless, having to go to one person about your customs knowing people buy customs every day must put strain on Mike and his dms are most likely flooded on a daily basis.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

I don't think there should be a "tailoring" system, this could easily cause issues. What if someone bought a custom and there were no modelers available to get to your slot? Did your money just go to waste? Nobody will be able to buy customs, as there are too little modellers for that many customs to go through.

I do think, possibly another Senior Admin could be made available to go to if Mike is busy.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable

I don't think there should be a "tailoring" system, this could easily cause issues. What if someone bought a custom and there were no modelers available to get to your slot? Did your money just go to waste? Nobody will be able to buy customs, as there are too little modellers for that many customs to go through.

I do think, possibly another Senior Admin could be made available to go to if Mike is busy.
This could easily be fixed with your order being placed on "Pending" in the meantime.

6Pancake

Level 233
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
https://trello.com/b/VfXRVeAH/schoolrp-custom-models

This has been introduced so that players can track what stage their model is on. I'd recommend looking at it if you're one of the people who haven't received a custom yet and contact Mike if you aren't on there. Furthermore, keep bumping the DMs with him or make a ticket in-game that states that you need him to check DMs and includes your discord.

If you are on there, you'll notice that it shows what Modeller is working on what custom, so you can see who is doing yours. Pop them a DM!

Other than that, I believe Mike does his job perfectly. He isn't the reason why your customs aren't handed out yet, he hands them out as soon as they are configured properly and imported into the texture pack, in which he needs one of the Owners to configure it and the Modellers to make the item.

Lizalopod

Level 130
https://trello.com/b/VfXRVeAH/schoolrp-custom-models

This has been introduced so that players can track what stage their model is on. I'd recommend looking at it if you're one of the people who haven't received a custom yet and contact Mike if you aren't on there. Furthermore, keep bumping the DMs with him or make a ticket in-game that states that you need him to check DMs and includes your discord.

If you are on there, you'll notice that it shows what Modeller is working on what custom, so you can see who is doing yours. Pop them a DM!

Other than that, I believe Mike does his job perfectly. He isn't the reason why your customs aren't handed out yet, he hands them out as soon as they are configured properly and imported into the texture pack, in which he needs one of the Owners to configure it and the Modellers to make the item.
^ This

Mike already does his job extremely well, in my opinion the model wait times should be changed instead. Especially now that we have so many models the queue is saturated with them, a tailoring system or whatever would probably just decrease sales as every single modeler would be full

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your feedback, however something similar to this is already being done.

- As our modelling team is backed up with model requests, we decided to add a 'trello' board to allow players to see the current status of their own models as well as the priority of others, this allows for better transparency when purchasing customs. Click Here
- Modellers are typically always open for requests, however it's up to their Coordinator (MikeShotZ) to decide where he assigns the requests; this is done by assessing the current Modeller's workloads, as well as those who may be unavailable​

Users who are viewing this thread