YonioTheNacho
Omega+
IGN
YonioTheNacho

DATE
09/04/2021

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION
Making certain apartment complex's have soundproof walls

As most of the community knows, an apartment by default is not soundproof. However, when a sign that says "The apartment would be soundproof" is placed on a wall, it automatically makes the whole apartment isolated from the outside, sound-wise.

Now, I do not have any major complaints about this, but it is sometimes confusing when, for example, police officers patrol around the apartments and hear screams coming from inside the apartment, and we do not know whether we should take it ICly or not, given that we cannot see the sign that's inside. Besides, I believe that making an apartment automatically sound-proof by placing one sign is not quite realistic

Therefore, the suggestion itself would be to remove this feature, and, instead, make certain apartment complexes sound-proof. This would give an extra reason to go for a more expensive sort of apartment/penthouse, since, in real life, you would pay an extra fee to have sound-proof walls.
These apartment complexes could be
- Deluxe Apartments
- Penthouses
- Shopping District Apartments
(This list can be changed, of course)​

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
+1

I got to concur with you on this. I myself have been through a few circumstances regarding this and it has been very bothering, particularly when figuring out that a complete apartment is soundproof just because of a sign right after you decide to raid it.

However, it would be more practical if one another put uncommon blocks/squares around the apartment which makes it to some degree soundproof; for example, concrete- block walls.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
This would give an extra reason to go for a more expensive sort of apartment/penthouse, since, in real life, you would pay an extra fee to have sound-proof walls.

So what’s gonna happen when it gets accepted? Will people get kicked out of their apartments and be forced to pay that extra amount per month? How can this properly be moderated? If you mean to just have people purchase the extra bit then that’s why I ask how it will be moderated. Will it be used in the new map?

Also to everyone else, just because your walls is soundproof DOESN’T mean your front door is. I just had to put that out there since I been in situation where someone said their walls are soundproof smh

nice suggestion though I neutral since I don’t have apartment.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1

this is the exact reason why I have a floor in a tower/live in an estate

privacy sucks balls otherwise

crea

Level 14
+1
Man I don't get soundproof apartments if all apartments are the same unless they wrapped in obsidian or something, but ye​

Users who are viewing this thread