Notable+
IGN:
GhostfireSwords

DATE:
10/10/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Remove bears from the Animal Whitelist.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
As most players on the server know, when you buy an Animal Whitelist, you have the option to roleplay as a bear in the Ochiba Forest part of the map. The option to roleplay as a bear really appealed to many players including me, and was actually kinda fun to roleplay with. However, I’ve recently noticed that this option in the whitelist has seemed to cause many problems to spring up. One of those problems being that players don’t know how to correctly roleplay as a bear, and often try to roleplay as a “friendly” bear that players can domesticate, whilst the server rules are against that sort of roleplay with bears, since it’s not very realistic for a grown bear to act like a dog and ask to be pet. Even after players are told not to do so by staff, they often continue to do it anyway, using some sort of loophole or doing the exact same thing. Another issue is players failing to FearRP the bears when they threaten their character with a loud roar, or by standing on their hind legs. Staff oftenly has to come and warn those who do not FearRP the bears, but from what I’ve seen, that really doesn’t stop players from failing to FearRP. Additionally, it doesn’t make much sense for bears to be present in a public forest/city park and for there to be so many of them, nor for them to be present on the map in general. According to a website called Nikko Yumoto, a Japanese nature website, the only type of bear that should be present on the Honshu island is the Asian black bear. Karakura canonically sits on an island in the Inu chain off the coast of Honshu, which makes it close enough to Honshu. Even then, only around 10,000 of those bears are recorded to be alive in Japan, and I find it very unlikely that even one should be present on the island that Karakura is located on, especially in a public forest/park.

Before anybody responds to this suggestion saying “just make a ticket, staff will handle it” towards my points regarding rule breaking, I don’t think staff want to respond to around 10 tickets a day just regarding problems with bears. It’d be a lot easier and cause a lot less problems to remove bears from the whitelist altogether. And of course, for any players who bought the whitelist, they should be able to switch what sort of animal they want to play out should this suggestion be accepted. It wouldn’t be fair for them to buy the whitelist for $15 USD then just have it taken away completely.

I’m not sure what sort of coding would go into this as well, while I’m keeping in mind that the developers would probably have to do some sort of change in the code for the bear whitelist to be removed and for the players who bought it to be able to change their animal. I’ve never bought a whitelist myself nor do I know what you do when you do purchase it, but I’m hoping that if this suggestion is accepted, it isn’t too difficult to change.

..and PLEASE do not leave a negative review just because you have a bear whitelist, take my full opinion into account before replying!

Last edited:

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

I don't even have to read the suggestion, get rid of bears.. it makes no sense for them to be in an area like Karakura.

zerie

Level 34
jeeellyy
jeeellyy
Rich
+1
Mostly what Kana said. It's always an issue whenever there is a bear situation. As it is both an issue regarding the bears AND the people who think they're animal princesses, its still always an issue.

IF bears do get removed. Anyone with the bear role should be given the choice to pick a new animal and staff can switch them without them having to rebuy the whitelist!!!!

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
Ironically, I am very active, but have never encountered a bear.
So I don't think I'm qualified to rate this.

zerie

Level 34
jeeellyy
jeeellyy
Rich
Yeaaah... This is mostly for like, people who play the bears, SRP players who interact with the bears, staff members, and possibly other players who are like EMS & KPD as they deal with bear calls.

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
+1
most people only use them for gangrp and advantages in combat for perms when that sort of thing ain’t even allowed anymore due to P2W
can we just have the npc bears that wandered around and that’s it i loved them :( they’re kinda pointless outside of fighting people, since generally that’s all they’re allowed to do - which is also pointless; have a nice day

Last edited:

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I have the same /issue/ and I visit the forest quite a bit (before and continuing to October). Dunno, I feel like the bear activity has just majorly decreased.
Yeaaah... This is mostly for like, people who play the bears, SRP players who interact with the bears, staff members, and possibly other players who are like EMS & KPD as they deal with bear calls.
So you're saying.... the people who actively try to look for the bears?

Anyways, I think a new animal would be neat - I'm all for the panda idea

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
The issue with bears is that whitelists are bought and the people who play them don't actually roleplay as wild animals. Bears are not domesticated animals, in fact they're vicious animals that do not interact with people unless they're attacking or defending something. On SRP, it makes no sense to have a public forest locked in by the city and allow bears to just openly roam the forest. 9 times out of 10 no one roleplays a bear character properly.
+1

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
The issue with bears is that whitelists are bought and the people who play them don't actually roleplay as wild animals. Bears are not domesticated animals, in fact they're vicious animals that do not interact with people unless they're attacking or defending something. On SRP, it makes no sense to have a public forest locked in by the city and allow bears to just openly roam the forest. 9 times out of 10 no one roleplays a bear character properly.
+1
Thank you, player oInfi

Users who are viewing this thread