players online

Suggestion | Remove Bears

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
i know it's impractical but remove all animal whitelists in all honesty
But themn my hyper intelligent dog who can understand english (i mean japanaese oops) and do everything I tell it to despite having received zero training wont exist! What about my bird that is domesticated but also LOVES flying around the city and directly interacting with strangers but also knows to come home so it's not wild but it's actually mine!?!? Unfair, -1.

zerie

Level 34
jeeellyy
jeeellyy
Rich
So you're saying.... the people who actively try to look for the bears?
If you had saw to what I was replying to, what I said would've made sense. With the amount of players that interact with bears and attempt to own a bear makes it highly unrealistic. It's as if the bears are a bigger version of what dogs are when they're not.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
If you had saw to what I was replying to, what I said would've made sense. With the amount of players that interact with bears and attempt to own a bear makes it highly unrealistic. It's as if the bears are a bigger version of what dogs are when they're not.
I understand

Prizebox

Level 9
+1
There has been many complaints about it caused by the players not role-playing properly as them or around them

needle

Level 45
this and also the fact that the ochiba forest is actually way too small to house the amount of bears that players are... like.. maybe 4 at most so

+1 fuck them bears

goofygoober

Level 8
uenj
uenj
Rich
+1 gave my opinion on animal whitelist in general a while back, however my least favorite out of all the animals has to be the bears.

HunterHampter

Level 62
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
Neutral Leaning to -1

My experience with bears have been minimal, but the Problem of players unable to roleplay as bears properly can probably be fixed significantly by providing an Official Guidelines and Rules Pertaining the Bear Whitelist, The Guidelines should cover the do's and don'ts when using a Bear Whitelist, including Informational Of Bear Breeds and their Behavior that have to be followed, as for the realism of having bears in Karakura, since Karakura is meant to be a Bigger Island than... What we have Currently, before everything is built there should be a stable ecosystem in the forest, Brown Bears roam Japan although fairly rare, alongside that are Black Bears, one of these bears do fit the theme of Karakura:

Black Bears are mostly Scavengers, it's proven that they are more often wander into Civilization to scavenge trash bins, However their Behavior are different to Brown Bears, they're typically shy, easy to scare away, and only defensive when provoked and is Cornered, this may also rework how bear works if player chose to play as a Black Bear, being able to roam into suburbs more, but rolling less in actions, and have to follow what a Black Bear would do in any situation that a confrontation with a Human is happening with the Human Player having the Knowledge of Proper Method to scare a Black Bear away.

Brown Bears on the Other hands are much more territorial than Black Bears, though the breed in Japan are less aggressive than the current "Grizzly Bear" We have Which is not native to Japan, Players may opt to play as a Regular Brown Bear, being unable or... Never really wanders into Civilization, while being territorial of it's area in the Forest, Players however may opt to play as a Sub-Species of a Brown Bear that exists in Japan that is known to be more aggressive, the Ussuri Brown Bear which is waaaay more Aggressive to Human and other bears alike.

Last edited:

Rebel

Level 53

This goes away from a lot of people, but if you do this that means people that paid for the whitelist would be completely removed and you cannot be refunded by the owners as they don't do that. This would just be unfair to the people who bought the whitelist, just would not be fair at all.

Rebel

Level 53
+1
There has been many complaints about it caused by the players not role-playing properly as them or around them
thats actually not the bears, that is actually the players that actively look for them to get hurt, it isn't the bears

HunterHampter

Level 62
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
I will cover my points and stuff in another Suggestion about Bears and see if we can improve/settle the Remove Bears Phenomenon thats been happening

will!

Level 53
Community Team
Lore Team
lirically
lirically
Notable+
+1!

thats actually not the bears, that is actually the players that actively look for them to get hurt, it isn't the bears

In response to Rebel's reply, I think that if a bear is online, but there are no other bears, maybe one or two, the isolated roleplay may get boring. People may not necessarily want to harm themselves, but rather indulge in roleplay that they haven't experienced before.

And if they don't fear the bears in roleplay after an instance, then it's really their fault for wanting to get their character killed. So, yes, they may want to get their character hurt, but what about the people who just thrive for those small roleplay instances that spice things up?

In all honesty and in general, I believe that unless you're a domesticated pet and you have somebody to roleplay with, then that is AWESOME, but because bears can usually only roleplay with themselves and other bears for the majority of time, I come to understand that it would get boring after a short period, and they may want to change their whitelist.

Why not have things like reptiles to replace the bears? I think it would promote player-to-animal roleplay a lot more, which makes things more fun for the animal, instead of one-liner roleplay as a bear, because there's not much for reactions against players other than "/me stands on hind legs" and then getting people to fear roleplay it. BORING!

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
+1 if possible....... i want pandas

DivingBlues

Level 55
Shrine Lead
Builder
(Maybe neutral it depends)

This has been suggested before and been denied! However, I'll agree on some points and deny on others. While yes, bears in a small-scale forest are not very realistic I'd like to point out that SRP is a Minecraft roleplaying game. Not all things or aspects of SRP HAVE to be realistic. I myself own two animal whitelists and I'm not denying the fact that I'm playing no don't remove them because I own a duck and a fox but I want to point out some of my thoughts and opinions on this topic.

Bears in SRP should be feared yeah, it's a bear it can rip yah head off I get that. But that's on the player's side and it shouldn't be aimed at the bears. But if you do think about it bears in zoos and human areas commonly have bonds with humans. As a kid or cubs, they were raised around humans and constantly saw them making them passive towards people and their actions. I know for a fact as well that people do feed the bears in SRP but it's rare and the cubs are normally targeted. But bears can be passive towards people if they one, have had encounters with humans multiple times and it hasn't been aggressive or dangerous manners on the human's end, two, food if food is provided bears will be more interested to come to the human and receive the food. If a bear cub receives enough food you make this bond and the bear remembers you allowing it to be passive to humans in hopes to gain food and become nicer to them for a reward.

Also, I want to point out as well (Hunter said this too) there are no real rules and such to bear it's a little unfair. I think they should add these to support players who choose to roleplay the bears. I think they need more about what you can do as a bear and what you can't do as a bear because there are no real animal whitelist rules and such for the animals which causes confusion. And if we are to remove them replace them with panda bears maybe so people still can roleplay a form of a bear.

Bears are sort of vital to my folklore and lore in general as well as the forests. While the forest is small these stories of bears and what they do intrigue people to come into the Ochiba Forest and wander around. They make roleplay more suspenseful and cautious about the areas around them and the bears that live in the forest. It gives players a chance to engross themselves in roleplay and being fearful of the bears that roam its floors and clean up the debris, extra berries or plant life and carcasses of animals. Did I mention lore? Yes! In some of my folklore, these bears dated back to the first establishments of Karakura. They're important to the vitality of these stories and such about the history of Karakura, maybe it wasn't just the ghosts or spirits that killed people but the bears? But it also gives people characters' lore, if attacked by a bear or such the players have the trauma and fear of going back in there and they have a story to tell. They can tell their great adventures and fears of being attacked by the bears.

I think people need to start FearRPing and learning that bears aren't toys to be played with and messed around with as they're wild animals and can attack people there's no doubting that. But I also think bears shouldn't always be so friendly with humans UNLESS they have a history in Karakura with humans and past interactions with them. I personally don't agree with the bear whitelist being removed I just think it needs to be taken a little more seriously and rules should be added for the people who roleplay those bear characters to support them a little with roleplay.

‧̍̊°。˚ .° 。˚ °。˚ °。˚ . ° 。˚ °。˚‧̍̊
Discord - Diving#5539

In Game Accounts -

DivingBlues
[L.T] - [Teacher] [28] Rini K. Corvid

Quillstontavius
[F+] - [Fox] [1] Raven / Nokoribi

DrivingCrazy
[F+] - [Duck] [1] Quillsontavius ‘Quill’ / Aflac

_CreditCardInfo
[F+] - [Grade-12] [18] Madoka 'Doka' Noruma | Viya Miyazaki | Hotaru 'Yōko' Kōraru

"If we can learn to hate, we can learn to love"

‧̍̊°。˚ .° 。˚ °。˚ °。˚ . ° 。˚ °。˚‧̍̊

Last edited:

yazure

Level 32
Community Team
Builder
yazure
yazure
Notable
+1
i love bears in general but i dont think they can be in a place like karakura. should replace them

Users who are viewing this thread