Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
IGN: GhostfireSwords

DATE: 21/3/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Adding a "/senditem" command. Simply, the way it would work is that you'd type in the command, and a confirmation will come up in chat for whether or not you want to send the item(s) you're holding to the person you sent the request to. The other person would then have to accept the request as well

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It'll reduce the risk of minging when giving items to someone else, which would be especially useful for shops which may have large lines, and the only way to give someone their items is by dropping them. However, with this method, there's the small chance that someone may minge the items and walk away with them, and even if you have proof or not to get them back, it's just sorta inconvenient. This could also be used in other ways in general, for example if you want to give someone an item in a public place and reduce confusion or minging

ezriei

Level 15
ezriei
ezriei
Fundraiser+
+1!! when im being a cashier, and someone steals someone elses item, theres not usually much I can do except make a report! this command could easily solve all those issues, and just make it a safer and more convinient transportation method.

Could be an issue though, for example, KPD is about to check your character for illegal items, and if you quickly send an item to someone else (resulting in failrp), your character would get away with it. Possibly could only be usable in shop settings or specific buildings? Not sure.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Could be an issue though, for example, KPD is about to check your character for illegal items, and if you quickly send an item to someone else (resulting in failrp), your character would get away with it.
Could be a problem, not really something I considered; it could be possible to add a "/mec [person one] hands something to [person two]" when they complete the command or something

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
+1!! when im being a cashier, and someone steals someone elses item, theres not usually much I can do except make a report! this command could easily solve all those issues, and just make it a safer and more convinient transportation method.

Could be an issue though, for example, KPD is about to check your character for illegal items, and if you quickly send an item to someone else (resulting in failrp), your character would get away with it. Possibly could only be usable in shop settings or specific buildings? Not sure.
This likely wouldn't be as big of an issue as you think, if it works any close to how /pay does, you would have to HOLD the item and look at the player to send the item, giving people in KPD enough time to see it and react

in any case +1

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
would a /trade command work better? and if a trade is successful it automatically sends an action similar to /grab

draculary

Level 41
Authorization Team
draculary
draculary
Omega
-1 >:( JK!! I really like this idea since i’ve worked in shops for a bit and there’s always someone just standing there.. waiting to minge & the command zinth offered is good too, so +1!!!

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
would a /trade command work better? and if a trade is successful it automatically sends an action similar to /grab
I could see that working with holding the item in your hand and facing the person, doing /trade <amount> and handing it to the player. And if you don’t want to give an amount you don’t have to? Would work well for shops

However that also limits people who like to scam- though I’m sure the crime faction members can be creative about that

Anyways, +1 :)

OhNoNate

Level 19
OhNoNate
OhNoNate
Omega
+1 , great suggestion though I definitely agree with some of the earlier replies of possibly having the command say something after such as like the /grab command does

rieums

Level 42
rieums
rieums
Omega
+1
Like you said, I really believe that this could reduce players picking up items by accident, and can prevent items from being stolen altogether. As a cashier, I think that this could be very helpful and make the transactions a whole lot easier.

cho0ii

Level 173
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1 assuming it works like /grab and /payto. If you can just send it to anyone across the map then no.

AllenBUwU

Level 83
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable
+1, this command could also transfer into other factions as well too. For example with teachers/profs giving or receiving items such as reward tokens or confiscated items. With newer players and trolls, we sometimes need to pause and go elsewhere so no one steals, but w/ a command like this it could make it easier

justsimba

Level 59
HazukiPlayZ
HazukiPlayZ
Omega+
+1

I have worked as a cashier in multiple stores for awhile, and even just trying to do pharmacy or such with EMS this is a huge issue of people trying to minge items(EMS not so much though but does happen every now and again). And even then often times there isn’t much I can do but report like someone else has already mentioned.

Definitely like how Cam and Ethan kinda suggested it work so that way it’d work similar to like the grab command in a way so that way people can’t as easily fail rp.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
+1
I remember owning a shop while staff and people would minge items in my shop and warp before I could catch them. (Jokes on them bc /fn exists) but 9 out of 10 times I'd see the items being sold IMMEDIATELY at the auction house. I was just lucky for being staff in those situations. Can't imagine how troublesome it is for those who aren't

DrainingFeeling

Level 59
DrainingFeeling
DrainingFeeling
Omega+
IGN: GhostfireSwords

DATE: 21/3/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Adding a "/senditem" command. Simply, the way it would work is that you'd type in the command, and a confirmation will come up in chat for whether or not you want to send the item(s) you're holding to the person you sent the request to. The other person would then have to accept the request as well

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It'll reduce the risk of minging when giving items to someone else, which would be especially useful for shops which may have large lines, and the only way to give someone their items is by dropping them. However, with this method, there's the small chance that someone may minge the items and walk away with them, and even if you have proof or not to get them back, it's just sorta inconvenient. This could also be used in other ways in general, for example if you want to give someone an item in a public place and reduce confusion or minging
+1 !! I agree with this fully! ofc I feel like it would only work if the person is in-front of you so you cant like send items from across the map and technically avoid rp a situation like if you were caught by KPD in the middle of you murdering someone, you wouldn't be able to send the weapon to someone across the map so it doesn't get taken away etc. But I like this idea

Users who are viewing this thread