wes

Level 4
wesnt
wesnt
Rich
IGN: wesnt
DATE: August 8, 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I am suggesting the implementation of a railway above ground with a changing view.
This would have to include the building of a train station and possibly a railroad around the outside areas of the map.
To compress the building process, a full train would only need to be built as many times as there will be train stations. (Although this could be avoided if a ramp was built in the underground subway, but a train station would be a cool addition.)

How it would work (Assuming a train station has been built):
A player will walk on the train with various locations preset. This will use the same system as the current subway with the ticket being bough upfront and the locations shown afterwards.
They will buy their ticket before being teleported to a train booth with seats and a window. Depending on the place they chose, the player will be re-teleported into another train booth, creating an illusion that the view is changing outside their window from the train 'moving.'
Essentially, it is the exact same process as the current subway, just with the addition of a window seat view of around the map.

These examples were taken from the Potterworld server (play.potterworldmc.com) where they utilize a train station above ground as it is part of the Harry Potter storyline.

1659945255110.png
1659945389896.png
1659945293774.png

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
The subway is not as utilized as it could be, as players either drive or walk to their destinations. This could motivate more people to use the subway if they found it a little more interesting and/or interactive. Granted, the map may be a bit too small for a fully functioning train station, but this could be a good idea to use if the map were to ever be changed to be bigger, or if more locations were added.
This suggestion is not something I would consider essential, but I think it would be a nice addition to the map, possibly creating another social hotspot.

Last edited:

robinzee

Level 21
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I really do think that this idea would be really, really cool, but the current map is just too small for something like this, as you yourself have pointed out.
If there’s ever a Map 4 featuring multiple locations, divided by a vast stretch of countryside (as it is in IRL Japan), I would give the idea a +1,000,000, but as it stands right now… -1.

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
I like the current situation with the subways, but a train station/train trip would be cool if we ever change maps.

LithiumLibido

Level 2
Community Team
Media Team
LithiumLibido
LithiumLibido
Rich
+1 I would also suggest adding a main trains station (One behind plaza) Where there should be a small shopping area, as well as Informational guide, especially for newer players.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
+1 I would also suggest adding a main trains station (One behind plaza) Where there should be a small shopping area, as well as Informational guide, especially for newer players.
There is a subway behind the plaza... idk I like the subways as they are now, the metro theme is nice

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
i kinda think the map how it is now wouldn't fit an above-ground train..... i can't really like, think of the words to explain it but i just think it would look out of place with how the map is now - also... just MY thought process, i imagine like 'speed-bullet' trains like those in more bigger cities, just like, anotehr reason why i don't think it would fit very well..

ALTHOUGH! I do really love the idea this, and if there's ever a new map that would better fit this style.. i will be for it 101% !!!

LithiumLibido

Level 2
Community Team
Media Team
LithiumLibido
LithiumLibido
Rich
There is a subway behind the plaza... idk I like the subways as they are now, the metro theme is nice
I know, usually people see it as the Main station, however, it seems bland, and most train stations usually have a small shop. Sprucing it up a bit. That way it gains more attraction.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Inhales.

i kinda think the map how it is now wouldn't fit an above-ground train..... i can't really like, think of the words to explain it but i just think it would look out of place with how the map is now - also... just MY thought process, i imagine like 'speed-bullet' trains like those in more bigger cities, just like, anotehr reason why i don't think it would fit very well..

ALTHOUGH! I do really love the idea this, and if there's ever a new map that would better fit this style.. i will be for it 101% !!!
First off, Karakura is in no way shape or form a major city (as seen with the various suggestions for a new/bigger map) and well there is simply no need for this, or bullet trains as its a minor TOWN on its OWN island on the east side of Japan, separate for the the government! I agree with this reply alot, it simply would look out of place in Karakura plus.. where else would they place these stations? And if we had working trains, can you imagine the lag..

I know, usually people see it as the Main station, however, it seems bland, and most train stations usually have a small shop. Sprucing it up a bit. That way it gains more attraction.
Sure, it's seemed as the main station but it simply is not. I think it would be really really interesting to have a main station, BUT as I stated above there is realistically no reason for it because its not connected to mainland and has a separate government due to the crime rate, it would be cool, but I don't think it'd fit with lore. Maybe a few new decorations would work, however! I like the shop idea and would love for flash events that futher incorporates these metros but there just.. really isn't a reason for it as the trains aren't a big place compared to the other parts of the server, no one stops and stares at a subway and is like "oh wow, a subway!!" Adding to this, who would manage shops?

Don't intend for this to sound rude but it's just my opinion nd it's 4am

LithiumLibido

Level 2
Community Team
Media Team
LithiumLibido
LithiumLibido
Rich
Inhales.

First off, Karakura is in no way shape or form a major city (as seen with the various suggestions for a new/bigger map) and well there is simply no need for this, or bullet trains as its a minor TOWN on its OWN island on the east side of Japan, separate for the the government! I agree with this reply alot, it simply would look out of place in Karakura plus.. where else would they place these stations? And if we had working trains, can you imagine the lag..

Sure, it's seemed as the main station but it simply is not. I think it would be really really interesting to have a main station, BUT as I stated above there is realistically no reason for it because its not connected to mainland and has a separate government due to the crime rate, it would be cool, but I don't think it'd fit with lore. Maybe a few new decorations would work, however! I like the shop idea and would love for flash events that futher incorporates these metros but there just.. really isn't a reason for it as the trains aren't a big place compared to the other parts of the server, no one stops and stares at a subway and is like "oh wow, a subway!!" Adding to this, who would manage shops?

Prior to the last statement, there should be a overhaul of the map. It's outdated, the map doesn't give you much to do other than some small trinkets of activity spread around the map. However this is besides the point. The idea is that it isn't a moving train, but an illusion of the train moving, similar to what's mentioned before. The island doesn't necessarily need to be a very small island, it could be the similar size of Okinawa, Japan. The shops, it can be like the 11/7, or the Family store, doesn't need to be a player run store. The concept isn't that people going "wow! a Train station!" and more like a place to socialize.

SkyFantasyWorld

Level 76
SkyFantasyWorld
SkyFantasyWorld
Omega
+1/-1

Honestly this is a great idea! IF for a new map that is.. we been waiting for a new map now for years, adding more and more things to our current one will kinda just.. make it more dry? i don't really know how to explain it, like sure new experience great and all, but were long overdued for a new map- and this train idea would work better for it instead of our current map.

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
+1

Even just having some subways come overground would be cool, I like this suggesting but only if we have a major map edit or change in the future

DarkEclipic

Level 155
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1

This is a nice idea, even if we do keep it underground, maybe change the outside of the train windows to show that its in a subway, maybe even add some SRP Easter eggs on the walls for those to look at while waiting

but if we do get a new map, an above-ground waiting area could also be cool!

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
It’s a cool idea… but as a builder there’s no possible way we can fit several above ground train stations into the map. Not even one really. The tracks would get in the way of literally everything and we’d have to eliminate several player residences to achieve that goal. It’s a lovely idea, there’s just absolutely no room left on the map

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
+1 with a new map for sure!!!! really cool idea, hope it does get accepted and looked into in the future :D

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your feedback!

- There's no room for this at the moment and it wouldn't really fit the style of current Karakura, however this is a good idea nevertheless.​

Users who are viewing this thread