mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Suggestion | TRIGGER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbigail

Level 77
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE READING THAT THIS IS A SUGGESTION WHICH HIGHLY MENTIONS THE TOPIC OF SUICIDE. IF THIS IS A SENSITIVE TOPIC, OR EVEN A TRIGGER FOR YOU- PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS.
•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•
IGN:

qbigail
DATE:
28/01/2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
The removal or creating an F2B process for SuicideRP.
Personally, I think that SuicideRP should be completely removed from the server. It's highly inappropriate for some players, who may have lost family or friends to suicide. As well as this, people could have even experienced mental health issues which could have led to suicidal thoughts or even attempted suicide. After discussing this with a few people, they completely agree with me.

Some players push the limits of the actual roleplaying out of harming themselves. I've seen it for myself and it's gruesome, quite disgusting actually. Players have made this normal, almost- when it really isn't a thing to be making a casual roleplay situation out of. I think situations where people ItemRP objects to harm themselves should be not allowed, or restricted to a certain extent.

We have all seen on Touko, where it was made a casual thing to tell people to commit suicide. Obviously, this was completely unacceptable but people seemed to hide behind the excuse of: "Oh- it's ICly." Still, you never know the person behind the screen, who is playing this character. You don't know what they have been through and how sentences like that will affect them and their mental health. Thankfully, an announcement was made and it was stopped.

Moving back onto my actual suggestion, obviously some players will respectfully roleplay out that their characters suffer from mental health issues. Thankfully, this is the majority of the server and some roleplay situations involving mental health issues are respectful and not taken to the extreme.

As someone that is in the EMS and KPD, I have seen a lot of suicide roleplays. Whether this be someone slightly roleplaying this out. I don't mind that, I really don't- as it would sort of show people the impact that suicide would have on someone's family and friends. I do not like the really graphic roleplay that involves gruesome scenarios of excessive blood or detailed actions on how the character is committing suicide, triadically.

Therefore, I am suggesting the complete removal of it or the /it F2B process of it. I am just uncomfortable of the though of such a sensitive topic of roleplay affecting someone negatively. Like I said, I personally think that SuicideRP should be removed completely action-wise. I think that it should be a F2B process where you, as a player and creator of your character decide whether or not it was successful.

Obviously, I understand that it will bring some dramatism to the roleplay and if that character is quite popular it will bring a sense of tragedy and grieving. It's just about how you go about it, really. If you are respectful about it and understand the boundaries and WHEN to stop. I understand that and I understand how it will potentially affect the backstory and behaviour of your character. I know that some people find it funny or entertaining to roleplay out which I completely disagree with.

Feel free to give your own opinions on this, whether you disagree with me or not. This is just how me and a few other people feel about this. Of course, you are entitled to your own opinions! Thank you for reading my suggestion.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
+1
Fully agreed with this. This has actually been applied on Touko due to the sheer amount of people who easily brought up this topic. I get it that people might have the need to refer to it sometimes in their roleplay; however, I feel like it's something that should be avoided, or, if anything, censored so that nobody feels uncomfortable with it

crea

Level 14
+1
i think the topic of suicide shouldn’t been taken so lightly as such as it’s a serious thing not just something to rp out when bored, it could really affect other people OOCly

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
Yeah, things like this should be roleplayed out with respect to not only the subject, but to you & those around you. Overly gruesome n gross looking actions should be f2b'd much like The Other Thing is. I get that a lot of people might do it for venting purposes, but at the same time when the subject of suicide isn't handled properly or well it comes off poorly and ends up being gross on the moral spectrum.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
+1

In todays day of age- RP'ing like this isn't healthy nor something we should be allowing players to throw at eachother

callumㅤ

Level 50
Sentonium
Sentonium
Omega
+1
I do agree with this, all though I do think people should talk to someone about stuff like this. I think SuicideRP should be allowed, but It shouldn’t just be something to do when you want to kill a character. It is a very sensitive topic for a lot of people and it should be taken seriously. I do believe it should be allowed, but not to just use if you want to. If you want to kill a character, then find another way to do it. If your char had mental issues, I personally say that should be the only exception. If you just want your char to kill themself, then have lore for the reason they did it. It’s not something to just do without reason, especially since it is a serious topic and if you have no reason to do so ICly, then don’t do it at all.

I also want to mention, If anyone has any thoughts about suicide OOCly, please DM me, my DMS are always open for people in need. Same for anyone who just wants to talk, I’m always here to help. callum#5000

will!

Level 53
Community Team
Lore Team
lirically
lirically
Notable+
+1. I'm really effected by SuicideRP.. I have some IRL problems and issues myself in terms of family and this SuicideRP doesn't help at all. It's upsetting for myself and I'm sure that it's upsetting for many others in the SchoolRP community. Adding this into the game would be vital for my mental health IRL and it would make me feel a lot safer roleplaying.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
-1/+1
It is indeed a sensitive topic, and suicide is not something one could just do because they want to kill themselves (icly), BUT if we had to prohibit something else then that would be the process of killing someone else's character. When my first character Asuka was killed (however got voided), the ones who did it were way too descriptive, and this is something that kind of triggered me OOC, all I could think of was how they literally dismembered my character and burnt her face, if there is something else to regulate/create f2b process for would be all this kind of stuff. Good suggestion.

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
+1

Woo-hee, alright here this goes guys. . . This might sound a bit harsh but

[Please skip, if you'd get triggered on this subject- Even though there was already a big TW but yea]

Suicide should NOT be a way for you to develop your character, it's been taken so LIGHTLY and the amount of insensitivity put towards on it by this community is base line disgusting, minecraft is - 13+!! majority of the COMMUNITY is around 13-17. Ages which should not even have to TOUCH that subject! Multiple times, has there been instances where suicide is represented so very badly- like a way of revenge. . . It's become so common in roleplay to comfort that suicidal friend! Pushing someone into a tight position of trying to convince their in character friend out of suicide- It'd only be worse if the character is practically a self insert, pressing a lot of unneeded pressure. No there's nothing wrong with your character having mental illnesses, but it shouldn't be something described in such a VULGAR manner! An /it f2b on it would be much more better than swinging in a subject that could trigger unwanted memories and experiences.

Though suicide is a quick and easy way to kill of your character- What's the need of making it so personal? To the point where the wounds are explained in such a gruesome manner- Where the subject takes such a dark turn? It isn't even interesting to role play out such situations, it's just sad and hard to respond to. Suicide experiences isn't cool or quirky, it's sad and very very horrible. I would go on a rant about that, but it'd just get me more astray from my main point.

• Suicide should be /it f2b
  • If any of the parties revolving in that roleplay is remotely uncomfortable by the subject, f2b that roleplay segment.
You might disagree and add on how your character is going through a rough patch, and honestly. I won't really try to fist you on that, as long as you f2b all the extremely triggering parts, and make sure everyone who's involved is OK with it before proceeding. Adding this won't harm any sort of rp, or make anything dull. It'd just avoid having, in real life, students talk about something that's been such a common occurrence lately. Roleplaying is supposed to be a way to make up situations you never got in real life, you don't want to make this one of them.

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Ranting yourself out in replace of your character isn't HEALTHY and it isn't OK. Please consult a professional if you do this quite often, don't try to get advice from other characters through roleplay.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Players shouldn't be confined into not being able to do things; if they want to remove their character or if their character was leading down a bad path then they should be allowed to express that.

qbigail

Level 77
Players shouldn't be confined into not being able to do things; if they want to remove their character or if their character was leading down a bad path then they should be allowed to express that.
That’s not what I was trying to say at all. I am trying to suggest the removal of extremely graphic and gruesome roleplays where their characters are dying in one of the most tragic ways possible. They should not be allowed to express this, as it is a Minecraft roleplay server for children.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
T
That’s not what I was trying to say at all. I am trying to suggest the removal of extremely graphic and gruesome roleplays where their characters are dying in one of the most tragic ways possible. They should not be allowed to express this, as it is a Minecraft roleplay server for children.
The server isn't for children.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
I get your point. However, what is needed to be understood is that, as abi said, SchoolRP's main community vary around the age of 13-16. Now, regarding some situations belonging to GangRP, it is true that it can sometimes get quite gruesome and hard to read. I myself was killed and brutally murdered by a gangrper in my first days of SchoolRP, and trust me; it was not good at all. However, I am not against "BloodRP" not being censored. In fact, some movies are able to display scenes with a large amount of bloodshed and they won't be cancelled. However, if the theme of suicide is explicitly included in it, showing the process of doing this, the movie will most likely be restricted to the public, since it is a sensitive topic that should be avoided. You only need to have a look at some media, in which they try to hide the explicit content as much as possible, yet implying that it happened, precisely because showing it would not benefit them at all. That's why I believe it should be a good idea to /it f2b the process of doing such actions and, regarding GangRP, if the /me's get to the point where it's making one of the parties uncomfortable, it should be /it f2b'd as well

I hope I explained myself properly

callumㅤ

Level 50
Sentonium
Sentonium
Omega
Minecraft is 13+, just like @Missunderstood said. The average age group is around 13-16+. Those people are children, and we shouldn’t really be exposing people, especially the young variety. What even is the point roleplaying something so distressing out in fine detail?
I’ll say this once, I don’t agree to this at ALL. First, in this year and age, people under the age of 16 don’t care about this stuff, well most. If they have a problem with that stuff, they can chose not to get in roleplay with it. It’s your choice to roleplay how you want, you can’t get forced into anything. The thing with GangRP, people need to get perms on you to do stuff like that, so don’t let them get perms. Things shouldn’t have to be F2B’d if they’re not that bad. I do get what you mean though, you know how young I am and I personally say it completely ruins roleplay.

qbigail

Level 77
I’ll say this once, I don’t agree to this at ALL. First, in this year and age, people under the age of 16 don’t care about this stuff, well most. If they have a problem with that stuff, they can chose not to get in roleplay with it. It’s your choice to roleplay how you want, you can’t get forced into anything. The thing with GangRP, people need to get perms on you to do stuff like that, so don’t let them get perms. Things shouldn’t have to be F2B’d if they’re not that bad. I do get what you mean though, you know how young I am and I personally say it completely ruins roleplay.
A lot of people under 16 might not care, but they shouldn't be exposed to it. Again, I don't really think you're grasping the point of my suggestion. I'm suggesting the stop of the gruesome and disgusting actions that make a lot of people uncomfortable.

lunately

Level 11
lunately
lunately
Fundraiser+
+1/-1

I 100% agree with the points you made, it is an extremely sensitive topic to touch on both OOC and IC, as you said, you don't know the person behind the screen. On the other hand, I feel that it isn't entirely needed to completely remove the topic of Suicide, because let's face it, it does happen, especially where the roleplay is set, Japan, Japan has the highest suicide rate which makes it somewhat normal for people to be doing those sorts of things IC, as well as this, like what Sam said, it is blocking things for no real reason. In conclusion, I feel that it should be slightly censored, but not heavily censored, therefore I think it should be roleplayed out as a Fade to black.

Totalore

Level 138

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread