mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

[SUGGESTION WITHDRAWN] Roleplay rules 18 and 18a, why do they exist?

BramvanZijp

Level 10
IGN: BramvanZijp
DATE: 12/10/2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Roleplay rules 18 and 18a, I really see no point.
A pretty severe restriction enforced oocly without any real reason.
I am not saying its a bad concept, but it is far too strict and really cuts down on potential interactions players can have.
My suggestion to fix it is as follows:
Either remove the rule or simply reduce it to 18. Characters aged 18+ cannot partake in a romantic/sexual relationships with anyone below the age of 18.
This is a lot more logical as it is the age of consent, and if the extra restrictions ontop of this have to stay, why not make them laws and not rules?
Rules should not be too restrictive, and while General Rule 1 also restricts, it makes sense on a school based server where the school aspect was barely used earlier. (Though I still think it should be enforced icly.) RP Rule 18 on the other hand is not needed, everything was fine without it and I do not believe anyone had issues with it not existing. It is simply an unneccesary restriction.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: It will do so by removing a restriction that really does not need to exist and giving the community back a piece of freedom and more options for roleplay interactions that was taken with no real reason as to why. It is generally weird for server rules to restrict rp where it is not required or logical to be restricted.

Last edited:

Tarxan

Level 25

Having this rule in place avoids age gaps that’ll make others cringe or grow concerned. Allowing it will make way for uncomfortable situations in RP similar to p*dophilia. Besides, what significance to roleplay would there be to engage in interactions like that as a college student or younger? No adult roles (with the exception of some adult tags themselves) are permitted to be under the age of 25 anyway.

Last edited:

BramvanZijp

Level 10

Having this rule in place avoids age gaps that’ll make others cringe or grow concerned. Allowing jt it’ll make way for uncomfortable situations in RP similar to p*dophilia. Besides, what significance to roleplay would there be to engage in interactions like that as a college student or younger? No adult roles (with the exception of some adult tags themselves) are permitted to be under the age of 25 anyway.
Thank you for actually providing a reason for the -1, and I understand what you mean.
So yeah, ty for reading the suggestion and giving me feedback that I can actually do something with.

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Disagree
- There are many factions if not all factions (school, kpd, ems) which do not allow their adult employees to have romantic relationships with students. This rule makes that clear so there is no confusion over it. The student roles go higher than 18, (college PhD = 24 max) hence the age of 25 is the limit. Other than that it wouldn't make sense if for example an 18-year-old student is allowed to go out with a 31-year-old adult but not with another adult with a job of the same age. Lastly, it makes many players and staff uncomfortable seeing young students (18-21) having romantic roleplay with adults (25+) thus this rule is introduced and will remain.

BramvanZijp

Level 10
Suggestion Withdrawn

With everyones feedback on this I get why the rule should probably stay in place.
Thank you everyone for reading, especially to the ones who explained the reason behind their -1.
So I will withdraw the suggestion now, as its been clarified the rules do have reason for existing.

MrSharkyJR

Level 26
MrSharkyJR
MrSharkyJR
Fundraiser+

I understand that you might want the freedom to date anyone you like oocly and icly though i do believe this is a good rule that should stick around. I really dont see an 18 year old date anyone higher then 25. I do agree that as i have an 22 y/o char that i now cannot date an 18 y/o but its not the end of the world and there are plenty more fish in the sea. This is why i am giving a -1.

MrSharkyJR

Level 26
MrSharkyJR
MrSharkyJR
Fundraiser+
Suggestion Withdrawn

With everyones feedback on this I get why the rule should probably stay in place.
Thank you everyone for reading, especially to the ones who explained the reason behind their -1.
So I will withdraw the suggestion now, as its been clarified the rules do have reason for existing.
O just saw this, sorry xD

Users who are viewing this thread