mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Suggestion

UIOP651

Level 9
IGN: UIOP651
DATE: 10/3/2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: The removal being allowed to minor metagame

I've seen people in OOC giving out locations almost constantly, which can defeat most purposes of using a phone ICly. In roleplay, it does not make sense to suddenly know the location of someone without them calling you. For example, when someone advertises that they're selling alcohol in OOC (I'm not sure if that's allowed or not, but I've seen many do it and still do), how would your character know that someone is selling alcohol when they never received any type of note or call about it? It's good that this metagame rule isn't allowed in GangRP scenarios, but it still should not be allowed at all in my opinion.

If the server is supposed to have some aspects of realism, minor metagame should not be allowed, and everything should be done IN roleplay. If you're looking for someone, you should have to call that person instead of being able to ask where they are in OOC. Now, I know there's nothing anyone can do about people metagaming in DMs/Voice Calls, but OOC is where it happens the most. I hope this suggestion at least gets considered. Since roleplay is always on in this server, there should be no need for someone to be able to give their location or make sales using OOC contact. It should all be done in roleplay.

Thanks for taking the time to read this short feedback letter.

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+

When you're a new player, you'd probably not understand much regarding minor meta. Even so, it barely shows up in OOC. When it did back then, no one helped them understand what meta was anyways they'd just be like "sniff sniff I smell meta!" without given them any clarity. Again, it's no big deal. Even if you bring up the argument that they should read the tutorial, it'd obviously take some time before they actually understand it. Plus, the map is BIG, like very BIG, if you're a new player without a phone, knowing another's location can be tasking. If you're so annoyed by seeing it pop up in OOC, just turn it off, it isn't that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread