mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Suggestion

Infirmqry

Level 5
IGN:Infirmqry
DATE:1/2/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I suggest katanas being able to chop off limbs once more. Realistically this is what katanas were used for. A long sharp blade which can cut deep into the opponent. With enough force to split bone and even hack off entire limbs. It doesn't make much sense for it to not do so considering realistically, that was one of it's primary functions as a weapon
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It'll help follow realism in the server and will give more choices when it comes to conducting major assualt perms against a person.
[IMAGES IF ANY]

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team

I am unsure where you got evidence of katanas being used for hacking limbs off, seeing as from a REALISTIC perspective it wouldn't make much sense since they were used for slicing... Not so much dicing. You don't use a katana like how you use a knife when cutting a vegetable. (But I could also be wrong here considering I thought about it for 5 minutes and then googled for 3 more.)

Although katanas can slice through meat and softer things very well, bone would stop it unless you really really tried.

But from an in game perspective, I think it's better that some weapons have different abilities than others. It makes you think what kind of weapon you might wanna choose for a specific thing. Ie: cleaver can cut someone's limbs off, but it has short range. Y'know, advantages and disadvantages.

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
IGN:Infirmqry
DATE:1/2/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:I suggest katanas being able to chop off limbs once more. Realistically this is what katanas were used for. A long sharp blade which can cut deep into the opponent. With enough force to split bone and even hack off entire limbs. It doesn't make much sense for it to not do so considering realistically, that was one of it's primary functions as a weapon
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: It'll help follow realism in the server and will give more choices when it comes to conducting major assualt perms against a person.
[IMAGES IF ANY]
katana's are a long flimsy blades. that cannot cut through bone realistically unless your watching one of those odd gory movies. we don't need more weapons when you have one such as a cleaver that is A.) cheaper and B.) you dont have to roll. and even if you dont have a cleaver, a fire axe can also cut limbs, but you have to get over a certain number for it to be a clean chop, however, i forgot about the amount. once again, hard -1

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+

According to very 'trustworthy' online sources, the Katana must be either very sharp or very heavy, given the amount of care people give to their katana's IC I would not say it's very sharp, and seeing that you can carry up to 32 it shouldn't be very heavy either, not really realistic.

1643799378714.png

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your feedback.

- Each weapon carries its own special abilities and as said above this would be fairly unrealistic.

Users who are viewing this thread